• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is such a weird thing to say. You realise that end product and output is the purpose behind effective dribbling right? They dribble when it’s needed. The only thing different is style.
There it is, the goalpost shifting!

Just own your agenda, like reed and hydro. I at least admire them for their consistency.

Talking about straight line running power and sh*t.:lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Did someone say best dribbler in the league? LMAO.... :rofl:

Ladies and gents may i refer you to one called Allan Saint-Maximin.
Best dribbler in the league simply means the best dribbler in the league. Ignore the agenda merchants trying to shift goalposts talking about effectiveness and crap.

Off the top off my head: Saint-Maximin, Zaha, Bernado Silva, Martial, Pepe, Boufal and Mahrez are the elite dribblers in this league. Honourable mention to Adama Traore as well because he keeps the ball very well considering the insane speed he's moving at.

I think I just about give 1st to Mahrez but at that level it's basically interchangeable.

Thus ends my 6 posts in a row.

Reactions: Kav

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Off the top off my head: Saint-Maximin, Zaha, Bernado Silva, Martial, Pepe, Boufal and Mahrez are the elite dribblers in this league. Honourable mention to Adama Traore as well because he keeps the ball very well considering the insane speed he's moving at.
Been a while since we've seen him at his best but where would you rank Leroy Sane?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agree. He peaked in his first 3 appearances. It's weird.
Think he needs to play closer to goal, he has the strength and ball control to hold it up, not sure he’s the out and out winger he’s being used as.

Whoever decided he was the player we needed for that price tag needs sacking, I like him but he’s so ****ing raw.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think he needs to play closer to goal, he has the strength and ball control to hold it up, not sure he’s the out and out winger he’s being used as.

Wonder if he could be turned from a winger to a striker, like Henry/Van Persie were, Pepe is a more rounded player than either Auba or Laca.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if he could be turned from a winger to a striker, like Henry/Van Persie were, Pepe is a more rounded player than either Auba or Laca.
Possibly, one thing I think he lacks is aggression. Needs to drive past players instead of just turning back or trying to take them on again. In fact I think a few of our players are too soft, think that is what is holding back the likes of Nelson and Smith Rowe.

Martinelli and Saka for instance have that belief and arrogance to just keep going, need more of it in the team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Possibly, one thing I think he lacks is aggression. Needs to drive past players instead of just turning back or trying to take them on again. In fact I think a few of our players are too soft, think that is what is holding back the likes of Nelson and Smith Rowe.

Martinelli and Saka for instance have that belief and arrogance to just keep going, need more of it in the team.

That's true, he seems a shy lad, so when things don't go his way during a game he seems to drop off...similar football personality to Mesut really.

We need like a Sanchez type on the pitch, to take the lead in games and bring the best out of Pepe, like how Alexis and Özil could bring the best out of eachother...need to start signing some dominant personalities again.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was at the West 'am game, I was in the corner he was attacking toward in the first half. Except he wasnt attacking 'toward' it, he is rarely being given the ball in situations where he is running at isolated players.

He is either running into the corner and has to turn back and pass, or he is being doubled/tripled up on. He keeps recieving the ball with the wrong angle to goal... It was evident watching the game that we are not getting the best out of Pepe. It may be partly his fault, but also mainly the fault of the staff. He was successful at Lille when running in behind the channel between the LB and CB, but Pepe is always forced so wide that hes against a midfielder coming out to help the LB. He's basically always attacking a parked bus/wall.

We should be set up to get the ball to him in space, where he is running toward goal, not away from it or with his back to it. You'd think that considering we overload the left hand side, it would give Pepe space on the right. But our football is nowhere near fluid enough in the final third. I realised that Ceballos was moving the ball around so well but when he got to the front 3 our attacks never came to fruition and we eventually lost it. It is for this reason that Grealish is at the top of my wish list. He would retain the ball well in the final third, creating overloads and thus creating space for the more direct and explosive Pepe who will be released quickly in behind or at full speed to take on players.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Whoever decided he was the player we needed for that price tag needs sacking, I like him but he’s so ****ing raw.

I agree fully with the first part of your post. He will cause much more damage the closer to the box he is.

Disagree with the 2nd part as our attack lacked pace and directness last year. Despite being unpredictable, Pepe is capable of magic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Robin was always a striker I think. Sometimes as a kid you develop on the wing until you’re ready to go up front. Henry similar.

Pepe is much older in his development too, he’s 24 next month.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Been a while since we've seen him at his best but where would you rank Leroy Sane?
Kept it well in front of him at high speed but he's another one that was a very good dribbler, we just happen to have some great dribblers in this league.

Imo Sane doesn't have the close control and security in possession that Mahrez, Bernado and even Sterling have, it's why Pep would drop him quite often especially in the big games.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I don't think he was bought as out and out winger, seeing as his breakout season was as a wide forward.

Think we just bought him as an asset to the club, Emery clearly wanted an out and out winger but they decided to not get Zaha. Using him to create overloads on the LW is such a waste of talent and money.

Think Arteta will sort it out next season if we sell one of the strikers.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I was at the West 'am game, I was in the corner he was attacking toward in the first half. Except he wasnt attacking 'toward' it, he is rarely being given the ball in situations where he is running at isolated players.

He is either running into the corner and has to turn back and pass, or he is being doubled/tripled up on. He keeps recieving the ball with the wrong angle to goal... It was evident watching the game that we are not getting the best out of Pepe. It may be partly his fault, but also mainly the fault of the staff. He was successful at Lille when running in behind the channel between the LB and CB, but Pepe is always forced so wide that hes against a midfielder coming out to help the LB. He's basically always attacking a parked bus/wall.

We should be set up to get the ball to him in space, where he is running toward goal, not away from it or with his back to it. You'd think that considering we overload the left hand side, it would give Pepe space on the right. But our football is nowhere near fluid enough in the final third. I realised that Ceballos was moving the ball around so well but when he got to the front 3 our attacks never came to fruition and we eventually lost it. It is for this reason that Grealish is at the top of my wish list. He would retain the ball well in the final third, creating overloads and thus creating space for the more direct and explosive Pepe who will be released quickly in behind or at full speed to take on players.
Grealish or any other ball retaining LW is desperately needed this summer. I'm hearing Grealish has a 45M RC if Villa get relegated.

We could easily sell Laca for that. Seems like such an easy transfer to do so you know we won't do it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Agree. He peaked in his first 3 appearances. It's weird.

Plenty of players peaked in their first 3 appearances..... Mustafi was the best defender ever after his first 3 appearances for us. Young players can impress people in their early appearances but their opponents are constantly downloading them and figuring them out. When that happens they need to improve and up come with new tricks or else they are finished.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Grealish or any other ball retaining LW is desperately needed this summer. I'm hearing Grealish has a 45M RC if Villa get relegated.

We could easily sell Laca for that. Seems like such an easy transfer to do so you know we won't do it.
I really wanted Ziyech or Grealish. If they all end up at our rivals (along with Sancho) then its going to be a very depressing summer for the Arsenal fan base.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Isn't that exactly a reason for why it's going to be too difficult ?
Would love that deal, but justt because of his relatively small fee he'd command for the upside he could bring, almost any club will try to get him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Isn't that exactly a reason for why it's going to be too difficult ?
Would love that deal, but justt because of his relatively small fee he'd command for the upside he could bring, almost any club will try to get him.
Yep but I think we’re the only stop 6 club that could guarantee him undisputed starter status for 20/21. After that Özil leaves and he becomes our chief creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom