• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

For 25m its a no brainer. I like Upamencano upside more but a from a purely defensive viewpoint I think Gabriel has him covered. Although I would love both.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I don't know him very well, but he seems to have several qualities that we could use. Fits the profile by being left-footed, decent pass (if I look at YouTube), good in the air. More importantly, he seems to actually close down attackers unlike our current crop of defenders who consistently give opposing attackers (looking at you Luiz and Mustafi) too much space to dribble/shoot near our box.

Don't know how good he is at it, though. If it's done in a rash way, one could easily give away fouls or get dribbled past.

Some questions I have for people who have seen him more often:
Is he fast/agile to recover?
How is his passing?
Does he position himself well?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People will need to forget about Upamecano guy is going to Bayern Munich. We look more serious about this guy but first we'll need to sell some of our cb's get rid of Mustafi and Sokratis get this guy we'll have a decent back line. Mari (if he turn out a good cb) Luiz Saliba and Gabriel.

Zaza

Yep better than Upamecano to me. I want this guy or Pau Torres.
Hopefully we sell Sokratis, Mustafi and one of Chambers/Holding.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yep better than Upamecano to me. I want this guy or Pau Torres.
Hopefully we sell Sokratis, Mustafi and one of Chambers/Holding.

I wouldn't mind if we sold both of Chambers and Holding as well as Mustafi and Sokratis.

Gabriel and Mira on the left side
Luiz and Saliba on the right side

Mavraponos and Medley as backup.

We could have much better balance in central defence and even potentially make a profit to spend elsewhere in the team.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I wouldn't mind if we sold both of Chambers and Holding as well as Mustafi and Sokratis.

Gabriel and Mira on the left side
Luiz and Saliba on the right side

Mavraponos and Medley as backup.

We could have much better balance in central defence and even potentially make a profit to spend elsewhere in the team.

I agree, Chambers is never going to be a top CB and Holding looks to be over before he's really started. I like Medley and expected to see him in Cup games this season, especially with the CB issues we've had. Mustafi is doing a good job of improving his value so we could get offers in the summer.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I have him as one of my candidates for the left-footed CB spot. Pretty much my second choice after Nathan Aké. Looked very solid in what I've seen of him - good height and decent athleticism, good tackler, able to play a long ball.

senna

Recovery pace is Gabriel's biggest weakness, but passing range, physicality and positioning are all top notch & for £30m its well worth it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Seeing how we got pushed into big money for Pepe off of primarily one good season, I wouldn't be surprised if Lille asked for an exorbitant amount here too. Bit quizzical.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Looks very impressive on the clips. Specially looks extremely strong yet with concentrated presence and confident.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Would he even be a starter when they already have Demiral and De Ligt in the same age group, Rugani as backup and Cheillini and Bonucci as the older statesman?
Demiral did his ACL, De Ligt hasn't hit the same expectations, Bonnucci is past it I think and Chiellini is on his last legs. Rugani hasn't really hit the heights expected either.

But latest is his Gabriel is apparently close to Everton for 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom