• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,378
Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Have we ever had a CB so poor at defending set pieces? Stepanovs, Squallaci and Cygan were dreadful but not even they were this poor at defending set pieces.

How many we conceded under Emery?
I don't think it was a big problem and it's often a thing of organization. And only because we concede goals from set pieces, it's not always the fault from our CBs.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
David Luiz is clearly coming to the end of his career, but he’s still a decent defender and he brings a lot of (surprisingly) maturity to the team. I appreciate him in our team and think 8 million was good last minute business after koscielny forced our hand. I think he is more influential than Kosh as well when it comes to being a leader of the youngsters.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Armband looked good on him, FAR better than when it was on that psycho Gallas...so glad we signed him, Mari looked decent too.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I know it doesn't always work out the way it looks like it should, but I really think he might be ready for a MF role. He's still mobile enough and he's a cracking footballer. He's bright as a button and he could move us up a level if it worked out. I don't think we'll ever see it though.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
No chance of Luiz getting coronavirus,if he keeps running away from opposition. Luiz seems scared to close opponents down amd gives them far too much space for my liking.

I miss Koscielny.

Riou

...happy with this, think he will be good for Saliba next season, or whenever he is allowed to actually join us!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

...happy with this, think he will be good for Saliba next season, or whenever he is allowed to actually join us!

I think he's been a good influence on the team this season, but we need a better starting CB, he's only going to be worse next year.

Riou

I think he's been a good influence on the team this season, but we need a better starting CB, he's only going to be worse next year.

I am pretty happy with Luiz for another year...would much rather spend all available money on trying to sort out our midfield, which is an absolute disgrace compared to The Arsenal midfields I have been watching since I became a fan.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Didn't he sign a two year contract when he joined? He would have been here for next season anyway. Think the extension is for the season after that.
Thought the same. More than happy for him to stay next season, don`t see the need to already secure him for the year after that though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nice to see we’re needlessly extending the deals of trash players. What was the need here? He’s had maybe 2 good games for Arsenal and been generally terrible.

Saliba and Luiz is car crash stuff, no way you even get top 6 with that partnership.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Nice to see we’re needlessly extending the deals of trash players. What was the need here? He’s had maybe 2 good games for Arsenal and been generally terrible.

Saliba and Luiz is car crash stuff, no way you even get top 6 with that partnership.
It's only a year lad. He'll be gone after that. I think he's worth it for his experience and capabilities.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Shortcut FC strikes again, the summer we should be going all out for a top CB we'll be banking on a teenager and an error prone defender.

We'll always take a massive gamble in at least one position, but it always seems to blow up in our faces. Some day we'll learn, it seems like that day is a long day off though.

What's Luiz actually done here? He's had some decent performances but Koscielny had some excellent performances last seasons against Chelsea, Sp**s, United and even in the EL and that was with him being completely finished. Now we've got people saying they value Luiz a lot more than Koscielny which is nonsense revisionism. Apart from the United game perhaps I cannot recall one real big performance from Luiz this season. Yet people praise his influence, I'm clearly missing what influence he's had, he's been not short of a disaster. Only clean sheets again besides that United game, are against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle and West Ham, the types of games we should be keeping clean sheets in.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Shortcut FC strikes again, the summer we should be going all out for a top CB we'll be banking on a teenager and an error prone defender.

We'll always take a massive gamble in at least one position, but it always seems to blow up in our faces. Some day we'll learn, it seems like that day is a long day off though.

What's Luiz actually done here? He's had some decent performances but Koscielny had some excellent performances last seasons against Chelsea, Sp**s, United and even in the EL and that was with him being completely finished. Now we've got people saying they value Luiz a lot more than Koscielny which is nonsense revisionism. Apart from the United game perhaps I cannot recall one real big performance from Luiz this season. Yet people praise his influence, I'm clearly missing what influence he's had, he's been not short of a disaster. Only clean sheets again besides that United game, are against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Newcastle and West Ham, the types of games we should be keeping clean sheets in.

People valuing Luiz more than Koscielny is an interesting point you are trying to make. No one said to transfer Koscielny and buy Luiz... Koscielny forced his way out of the team and Luiz stepped up. Luiz has done as well as Koscielny would do on the pitch and been more vocal for our players to improve their mentality and comradery.
I agree when you say we need an upgrade, but I’m not sure anyone has an agenda to push that Luiz was who we asked for to replace Koscielny. All I’m saying is, sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles and he’s done fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom