• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi has left Arsenal

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty sure statDNA convinced Wenger not to sign Griezmann.

Xhaka, Mustafi, Lucas... I’m sure we’ll cope without it.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Stats are bullshit, mothafuckas. If you're a scout and can't tell a good player from a bad one and need numbers, you should be out of a job.

say yes

forum master baiter
This sounds like a step in the wrong direction, although it’s hard to know how good he was at his job.

Analytics are where all the smart money is at. And we need to be smart if we want to compete.

Apparently this guy played a huge role in preventing us from extending Emery’s contract over summer. Ominous loss.

scytheavatar

Established Member
This sounds like a step in the wrong direction, although it’s hard to know how good he was at his job.

Analytics are where all the smart money is at. And we need to be smart if we want to compete.

Apparently this guy played a huge role in preventing us from extending Emery’s contract over summer. Ominous loss.

Our transfers over the past 4 seasons have been shambolic...... extremely hard to make a case that this guy shouldn't be blamed for it. If analytics are where all the smart money is at then we need someone more competent in his job if we want to be competitive to clubs like Liverpool.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Surprised people think this is a step on the right direction, given how Kia is running the club now.

The fact that he was against extending Emery paints in a much better light.

I think that, had Sven been given the Technical Director role and Raul didn't push him out, we might've been seeing some exciting things happening down the line.

Good analytics, a great scout who's good at spotting and getting young-ish talents in and someone who can pull in a favor or two with agents.

Being stuck with the latter option alone is really not that good, as we've seen thus far.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Statdna give us alot of bad signings and cost us too much money our last summer signings were miles better and more smart than before.

But this all depends i hope we not keep depending on agents i know they hold the best talents in football but they could force to sign thier bad players too.

El Duderino

Our transfers over the past 4 seasons have been shambolic...... extremely hard to make a case that this guy shouldn't be blamed for it. If analytics are where all the smart money is at then we need someone more competent in his job if we want to be competitive to clubs like Liverpool.

The responsibility still lies with the decision makers, i.e., Ivan, Wenger, Sven, Emery and Raul.

He can deliver the stats, make recommendations, but those in charge are still the ones who look at it and interpret it.

Think the statDNA stick has been used to beat people at the club too much. We know very little of what it does and most of it is unconfirmed stuff.

What if statDNA told us Auba was great? Or that Saka should be trusted? I like to joke about Kia's and Raul's pals, but I'll be the first to say that Auba was an amazing coup and I'm hoping Pepe will be one as well.

El Duderino

Statdna give us alot of bad signings and cost us too much money our last summer signings were miles better and more smart than before.

But this all depends i hope we not keep depending on agents i know they hold the best talents in football but they could force to sign thier bad players too.

But that's my point above, we only hear about it when it's related to Xhaka and Mustafi. What if statDNA was the deciding factor of signing a fan favorite in Tierney?

Mind you, not that I'm advocating him in particular to be a huge loss, it's more that we need good data-driven people at the club for us not be at mercy of Kia's clientelle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Surprised people think this is a step on the right direction, given how Kia is running the club now.

The fact that he was against extending Emery paints in a much better light.

I think that, had Sven been given the Technical Director role and Raul didn't push him out, we might've been seeing some exciting things happening down the line.

Good analytics, a great scout who's good at spotting and getting young-ish talents in and someone who can pull in a favor or two with agents.

Being stuck with the latter option alone is really not that good, as we've seen thus far.
Maybe we'll trying to get much better than statdna because since they came all signings were not good enough and cost us money apart from maybe auba and laca and that could be down to Wenger influence. Last summer we made interesting signing even Mari signing could end up being good one. Still like you said being dependable on agents won't end up well because we not real madrid or barca

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
More than past 4 seasons bro.

People acting like this is some kind of great loss are ****s.

Last summer's recruitment was mostly positive though.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The responsibility still lies with the decision makers, i.e., Ivan, Wenger, Sven, Emery and Raul.

He can deliver the stats, make recommendations, but those in charge are still the ones who look at it and interpret it.

Think the statDNA stick has been used to beat people at the club too much. We know very little of what it does and most of it is unconfirmed stuff.

What if statDNA told us Auba was great? Or that Saka should be trusted? I like to joke about Kia's and Raul's pals, but I'll be the first to say that Auba was an amazing coup and I'm hoping Pepe will be one as well.

Either statDNA has been giving us good recommendations that we are ignoring, or it has been giving us bad recommendations. Either way ever since we brought statDNA our transfers have gone from bad to worse, so something has to change in the way we are recruiting players.

And signings like Auba and Mkhi makes attacking us for signing Raul's pals pure hypocrisy, when we were clearly signing Sven's ex-Dortmund pals under him. In fact we are signing better players without Sven than we were with him.

Top Bottom