• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Hope he recovers well.

I don't understand how he fell off of a cliff after his move to Utd. I guess the ridiculous pay he got kind of set him up for life and he's already achieved practically most of what he set out to achieve I guess.

His game relied heavily on his physical abilities, added to the fact he never had a summer off when he played for us due to how good that Chile team he played in was...being 29 when he joined United too, think that Alexis was always going to drop off early.

I also think not getting his deadline day move to City in 2017 as they would go on to smash the league that year, plus missing out on what would probably be his final World Cup for his country on the same day, probably took a lot out of Sanchez mentally...think when he finally joined United 6 months later he was very jaded mentally and physically, so a decline was always on the cards, as you say at nearly 30 he had a great career with plenty of trophies...getting that big contact added to everything else, probably made him lose his "eye of the tiger", similar to Mesut really.

Riou

Greatest player in Arsenal history! Hopefully, we can find a place for him at Arsenal when he turns to coaching or something!

Feels like only yesterday he was breaking into our great 2004/2005 squad, with his beautiful mullet...

...where does the time go...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Petit was brilliant on the pitch, but very weird off it!
How long was he brilliant on the pitch for though? At the highest level you’ll argue he had 3 top years.

Because he won a title here he’s become untouchable but I rate guys like Ramsey more I think.

TinFish

https://www.skysports.com/football/...c-fabregas-left-arsenal-for-barcelona-in-2011

Why Cesc Fabregas left Arsenal for Barcelona in 2011

I'll have to agree with virtually most of what he has to say here. Although there are two sides to the story. One of the best midfield players to grace the Arsenal shirt...and if he stayed a little longer at Arsenal - he probably would have been voted as amongst the best premier league midfielders ever just like how Henry is the best striker.

People will always see the bad side of football players, its easy to criticise. But be a man when it comes to praise, its a game after-all and as a professional you only have one shot at your career.

- He is right when he said Van persie and nasri were the only players at his level.

- He is right when he said the club did not invest

- He is right about the players mentality professionally. The next batch of players who he grew up with could not even hold a candle to the invincibles when he first arrived.

- He is right when he said he felt a lot of pressure to perform for the team as a whole. He was a monster when he was captain, everything went through him. A far better player than peak Özil, the kid could do a lot more besides assist.

If we invested when we were always one or two players off the top (instead we always cut corners) Arsenal would be a different club today.

Sadly not a legend for Arsenal, but a legendary player when he played for Arsenal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Came here to post the article. Very interesting read:
https://www.arsenal.com/news/kim-kallstrom-my-own-words

When you read stuff like this you realise what a massive club Arsenal are, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Things mightn't be going in the way we want, I question the board and our overall ambition but we're a massive club with a huge global reach. So many footballers would give anything to be at this great club.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't quite sure where to post this, but my girlfriend has ordered me this Arsenal shirt for 5th year anniversary with Wright on the back:
6d7915087de433922f5ab108e5cb8a18.png

And seeing as I'm trying to learn more about the history Arsenal was through before I became a fan a bit more than a decade ago I was looking into Ian as well.

Stumbled upon this piece of absolute purity. Ian's pure reaction and Pigden's kindness hit a soft spot.

Riou

...even though he was quite up and down here, always thought he had potential to be a top keeper, shame our goalkeeper coaches were ****...like Wilshere one of my absolute fav characters to play for this club, plus he ended the nightmare that was Almunia...wonder who grassed him up in the shower though :lol:

:drool:

Top Bottom