• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 118,498
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People valuing Luiz more than Koscielny is an interesting point you are trying to make. No one said to transfer Koscielny and buy Luiz... Koscielny forced his way out of the team and Luiz stepped up. Luiz has done as well as Koscielny would do on the pitch and been more vocal for our players to improve their mentality and comradery.
I agree when you say we need an upgrade, but I’m not sure anyone has an agenda to push that Luiz was who we asked for to replace Koscielny. All I’m saying is, sometimes that’s the way the cookie crumbles and he’s done fine.

I meant that we should have been getting better than Koscielny, Luiz isn't even better than a finished Koscielny. We were much better defensively at times last season than at any time this season. People saying they're satisfied with Luiz indicates they're happy with the downgrade when we should be aiming to upgrade. He's not been fine, none of the evidence suggests he's been fine. His good performance have been few and far between.

Not sure how he's done as well as Koscielny when Koscielny helped us in big victories over United, Chelsea, Napoli, Valencia and was excellent vs Sp**s at Wembley. Luiz has had one top big game vs United, that's it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I meant that we should have been getting better than Koscielny, Luiz isn't even better than a finished Koscielny. We were much better defensively at times last season than at any time this season. People saying they're satisfied with Luiz indicates they're happy with the downgrade when we should be aiming to upgrade. He's not been fine, none of the evidence suggests he's been fine. His good performance have been few and far between.

Not sure how he's done as well as Koscielny when Koscielny helped us in big victories over United, Chelsea, Napoli, Valencia and was excellent vs Sp**s at Wembley. Luiz has had one top big game vs United, that's it.

We’ve obviously had a **** 2019 portion of this season. So if you’re trying to compare results of a player we had in 2018/2019 vs 2019/2020, the player from the better season will win.

I do think Luiz has done as well as Koscielny would have done. But I agree with you that we should upgrade this summer. Luiz was a good panic buy to salvage the position, but would have been awful if he was the planned target.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Comes on as a sub, at fault for the opener just before half time, then gets himself sent off early into the second half. Disgrace to the shirt and needs feeding into a wood chipper.
Was wondering at the ht if it's worth replacing him, but then remembered we only had 1 sub left.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Goodbye.

IndelibleCanineFantail-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom