• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Pair him with Zakaria. Zakaria 6 and Ceballos 8.
I'm all for this.
Interesting twitter and I at all surprised by these stats considering Ceballos performances

I would really like him to come back next season if there's a possibility of extending his loan. Pairing him with someone like Zakaria or a similar profile of player and maybe, Coutinho ahead of him instead of Özil might settle our first choice midfield for good.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's shown absolutely nothing to warrant us signing him permanently, unless of course we're accepting mid-table status. He can carry the ball, fair enough but his decision making is horrendous, he's not an incisive passer, his physical attributes aren't good enough to make up for these short-comings either. The most I've seen is that he's working a bit harder than he was previously. But **** me how low have the standards slipped? Then again his is the same fanbase that still rate Torreira highly and act like Guendouzi is a potential world class midfielder so it's hardly surprising. Run around a bit and you'll be loved by this fanbase.

Tir Na Nog

Two games aside, even then it’s bordering generous, he’s been absolutely rubbish.

It's the same with Luiz, they've had a couple of good games among being absolute rubbish the majority of the time. I don't get it. People don't want to admit that we've made so many bad signings recently that they'll pretend the signings we've made are doing well. It took some Arsenal fans over a year and a half to realise Torreira isn't actually that good, some still can't see. Took them ages to realise Sokratis was trash, same with Kolasinac. It's almost 3 years and people are still burying their heads when it comes to Lacazette. Luiz, Ceballos, Kolasinac, Torreira, Sokratis and Lacazette should all be binned let's be honest, Guendouzi given a final chance out on loan. Bellerin is on thin ice as far as I'm concerned too. But both the board, the club and the fans alike will kid themselves into think these players are anywhere near good enough.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
It's the same with Luiz, they've had a couple of good games among being absolute rubbish the majority of the time. I don't get it. People don't want to admit that we've made so many bad signings recently that they'll pretend the signings we've made are doing well. It took some Arsenal fans over a year and a half to realise Torreira isn't actually that good, some still can't see. Took them ages to realise Sokratis was trash, same with Kolasinac. It's almost 3 years and people are still burying their heads when it comes to Lacazette. Luiz, Ceballos, Kolasinac, Torreira, Sokratis and Lacazette should all be binned let's be honest, Guendouzi given a final chance out on loan. Bellerin is on thin ice as far as I'm concerned too. But both the board, the club and the fans alike will kid themselves into think these players are anywhere near good enough.
No mention of Özil and Xhaka while they[re weakest links in the team I see.

Tir Na Nog

No mention of Özil and Xhaka while they[re weakest links in the team I see.

They're our two best midfielders, we could upgrade on them certainly but the names I've listed are way way worse than them so the priority would be getting rid of them first.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
They're our two best midfielders, we could upgrade on them certainly but the names I've listed are way way worse than them so the priority would be getting rid of them first.
I'm pretty certain that if we upgrade or even find players on the same but probably of a different profile and physically better off all of those other players you mention bar Kola and maybe Sokratis will play much better.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He's shown absolutely nothing to warrant us signing him permanently, unless of course we're accepting mid-table status. He can carry the ball, fair enough but his decision making is horrendous, he's not an incisive passer, his physical attributes aren't good enough to make up for these short-comings either. The most I've seen is that he's working a bit harder than he was previously. But **** me how low have the standards slipped? Then again his is the same fanbase that still rate Torreira highly and act like Guendouzi is a potential world class midfielder so it's hardly surprising. Run around a bit and you'll be loved by this fanbase.

This could be about most of the squad

Based on this season alone I don't think I would buy him. It must be about something he did before he got here.

Not even sure what he is all about. Yeah, it's hard to get the ball off him, but it's the same with Pepe. They belong more to birthday parties making balloon animals as it is. Maybe they can become real football players next season.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Guendouzi/Torreira/Xhaka/Ceballos all belong to the same tier of players, they are all Coquelin level midfielders at best. They are not terrible players, they have their value but also blatant shortcomings. If you put them besides a Cazorla tier midfielder their shortcomings doesn't become a major issue, problem is we do not have a Cazorla level midfielder in the club and have shown no indication that we think we need one.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Guendouzi/Torreira/Xhaka/Ceballos all belong to the same tier of players, they are all Coquelin level midfielders at best. They are not terrible players, they have their value but also blatant shortcomings. If you put them besides a Cazorla tier midfielder their shortcomings doesn't become a major issue, problem is we do not have a Cazorla level midfielder in the club and have shown no indication that we think we need one.
That is the scary part. You could see over the winter transfer window that the club was more concerned about keeping Xhaka here than finding a proper midfielder. Think the board accepted the fact that we are a mid table club and our only way out is that we get lucky with a couple of youth players. We don't have money or knowledge anymore to be competitive on the transfer market

GoonerJay24

That is the scary part. You could see over the winter transfer window that the club was more concerned about keeping Xhaka here than finding a proper midfielder. Think the board accepted the fact that we are a mid table club and our only way out is that we get lucky with a couple of youth players. We don't have money or knowledge anymore to be competitive on the transfer market

When was the last time we finished outside the top five? If Fernandez can join Man utd then we can still get good players coming to us.
It's just about like you say improving knowledge at the recruitment levels to identify better talent.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Maybe is right, the way we cling on to Xhaka and have put up with below par performances for years, watched him fall out with fans this season - yet he’s still an important & senior member of the squad.

Just doesn’t feel good and reeks of us knowing that we are not able to do better. Massive concern for sure

MikeVinna

Established Member
Torreira and Xhaka are useful but we basically need their abilities in one player. Torreira’s mobility and tenacity couple with Xhaka’s size and passing range. Ceballos isnt that player so splashing the cash on him seems a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom