• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Because Fabregas is a ****, imo. Özil is also really easy on the eye, loved watching him even before he turned up at Arsenal.

Fabregas was much better at Arsenal.Hard to tell who is better player overall.

Prime Özil was great for Germany and Real,but i didn't see that a lot at Arsenal.Cesc flopped in Barca becuse of Xavi and Iniesta.Did great in EPL and Spain.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Prime Özil was great for Germany and Real,but i didn't see that a lot at Arsenal.Cesc flopped in Barca becuse of Xavi and Iniesta.Did great in EPL and Spain.
Özil was the 2nd best player at Real Madrid at one point, and a mainstay for a Germany team that reached the semi-finals in four consecutive tournaments. Fabregas was a utility player at Barcelona and never a regular starter for Spain. Özil has the more impressive CV imo.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Özil was the 2nd best player at Real Madrid at one point, and a mainstay for a Germany team that reached the semi-finals in four consecutive tournaments. Fabregas was a utility player at Barcelona and never a regular starter for Spain. Özil has the more impressive CV imo.
Has a Pl Title though and Özil does not...all that matters at the end of the day...

say yes

forum master baiter
Fabregas was much better at Arsenal.Hard to tell who is better player overall.

Fabregas was much better for Barca than Özil has been for us. Still sensational at times.

They’ve just got so many stars they don’t mind selling them on again when a transfer doesn’t work out perfectly.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Both were very important to national teams.Cesc just played in position that is hard to be always starter along that midfield.Both won WC and Cesc won 2 Euros.He assisted Iniesta in WC final 2010.

Özil won one La Liga,Cesc 2 EPL.Özil was better player in La Liga,Cesc was better player in EPL.They both flopped somehow in Arsenal( Barcelona )

And Fab was better player for Arsenal.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
adding £1 to it is insulting.

Suarez was desperate to come here, we fecked it up.

I believe anything in the region of £45m would have closed that deal. Water under the bridge.

It's not an insult if it actually triggers a factual clause. Once that is triggered Liverpool could've been as insulted as they want to be, Suarez + agent could've talked to Arsenal and finally transferred. The problem was it was not a factual clause but misinformation towards Arsenal by Suarez' agent. If the clause was 45m or whatever, he should've told Arsenal. But iirc he specifically told them anything more than 40m would trigger the clause, even a ****ing pound, but it did not. So that's on him.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Fabregas was much better for Barca than Özil has been for us. Still sensational at times.

They’ve just got so many stars they don’t mind selling them on again when a transfer doesn’t work out perfectly.

He was good under Pep,because they wanted that kind of players.

Last season was pretty average for him,was on bench for quite long time.They didn't use him in right way imo.

say yes

forum master baiter
He was good under Pep,because they wanted that kind of players.

Last season was pretty average for him,was on bench for quite long time.They didn't use him in right way imo.
It was always a vanity purchase tbh. Never had any space to use him properly given they had Xavi & Iniesta in the middle with Messi further crowding the centre by playing false 9. But he was one of the best players in the world, they had to try and compete with Real’s galactico project, and he had “Barca DNA” :rolleyes:

Still pisses me off how little they needed him given how central he was to our XI. Don’t think Wengerball ever recovered.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
So you really believed that if Cesc hadn't left we wouldn't have been in a worse position.

I do believe that, yes. Especially that summer. The club lost integral players at LW (Nasri), LB (Clichy) and AM (Cesc) for about 70m. The club needed to buy replacements for all of them while trying to deepen the squad. That meant buying 5 or 6 first teamers for the cash you got for three. Of course there's going to be a massive drop in quality.

Cesc staying would have about halfed the money available to buy new player but the club would've kept the same level of quality. Of course I believe a team with Fabregas still in it would've performed better in 11/12 than without him, especially with a 10m Mertesacker and a 15m Nasri replacement. Of course keeping your midfield maestro but strengthening at the back with a fullblown German international CB would've made a stronger team.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Has a Pl Title though and Özil does not...all that matters at the end of the day...
He played in the perfect team at Chelsea though, if Özil was in a similar set-up I'm sure he have at least one title to his name. Just signing a quality striker between 2013 and 2016 would've done the job.
Both were very important to national teams.Cesc just played in position that is hard to be always starter along that midfield.Both won WC and Cesc won 2 Euros.He assisted Iniesta in WC final 2010.

Özil won one La Liga,Cesc 2 EPL.Özil was better player in La Liga,Cesc was better player in EPL.They both flopped somehow in Arsenal( Barcelona )

And Fab was better player for Arsenal.
Özil didn't flop at Arsenal, he was one of the best creative players in the world for a few years playing with bums like Joel Campbell and Giroud.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When I think of Cesc I remember him putting on a Barcelona shirt while still the Arsenal captain. Imprinted on my brain.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Özil didn't flop at Arsenal, he was one of the best creative players in the world for a few years playing with bums like Joel Campbell and Giroud.

He wasn't that good either.More-less invisible in all big games,weak mentality and lacking motivation to play in last 2-3 seasons.And we had some solid teams since his time at Arsenal.Until 2017 or something like that.

Top Bottom