• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,536

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wait did we sign the bums Mari and Soares as favor to Kia so later we could sign Coutinho and Willian? :lol: This club can't help it self!

At least Willian is the superior player to Pepe but the worrying sign is that he will start to decline soon and he is hardly a player you sign to make a go at top4 let alone 1st place in PL.
Don’t believe in football conspiracy theories, but something fishy is going on.

Sad really, thought Arsenal would be above this. Then again, what is Arsenal now? Owned by an American, run by people like Vinny and Raul. It’s not the Arsenal of past.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think we need to start signing a few blokes from the PL now who have experience, I wouldn't take Willian on a long expensive contract but I wouldn't say no to him if it's a shorter contract, same goes with Coutinho. I don't know why we signed an already injured Cedric Soares though. Onto the Auba situation now, I'd be happy to cash in on Laca if we can move Auba centrally then that will allow us to sign a good PL winger like Zaha or Allan Saint Maximin as wingers from the PL for example.

Andrés

This the future @GDeep™ wanted

Why Fraser and Willian? I mean, we already have Aubameyang, Martinelli, Pepe and Nelson. It doesn't make any sense. If Auba leaves then we can put Saka on the left wing. If we sell Kolasinac too and we'll use Saka as a LB (I prefer this option) then we should sign Willian or Fraser (I rather Willian)

Reactions: A_G

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Willian or Fraser wouldn't be bad pick ups on free transfers, but we don't need both.

Willian, Fraser, Pepe, Saka and Nelson/Martinelli reads okay as midfield options.

I doubt very much that either is on Arteta' radar though despite their work ethic.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’ll take Fraser on a free, he’d be a solid Iwobi replacement and would let us rotate better than we have done the last two years.

On watching him this year, basically the comparison I’d make is a short, homeless man’s Hazard.

Likes to sit out on the left, then cut in once his LB is nearby and run at the defence. Obviously he’s miles off that level but he’s a willing runner and we’d be able to sell him on very easily in a year or two.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Not sure if I want Willian but he seems to be very fit. Hardly ever injured and still has that spring in his step he had five years ago.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The problem with Willian is that he’d want a lot of money as he’s on a free.

If he got a three year contract that’d be horrific value when we’re paying for a 35 year old who’ll probably have gone off the cliff by then.

We should be learning our lessons from the Özil extension not repeating our mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom