• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dayot Upamecano would want to come here tbh.
Not sure anymore. I mean his current club are one of the most exciting in Europe and he’s in the CL. Why join a Europa League club? Especially when you’re regarded as one of the top young up and coming CBs who will have interest from super clubs.

Honestly, Arsenal feels a dead and boring club.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Not sure anymore. I mean his current club are one of the most exciting in Europe and he’s in the CL. Why join a Europa League club? Especially when you’re regarded as one of the top young up and coming CBs who will have interest from super clubs.

Yeah, totally. It would be a step down. Their entire squad is better than ours and they're in a great position.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I feel like Arteta has given this club a jolt, but that could just be me.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Yeah, contrary to believes on here, I think that we have become quite a place to be for the younger generation again with the latest changes.

With anything in life, it's always a matter of how you personally choose and want to choose your perspective as to how you evaluate things.

One portion takes the negative side of things and thinks about the last 4-5 year trajectory of the club, the subsequent period without CL football, the lack of super talented players coming through our rangs that really got a chance and made it here, the whole Emery saga and the way the media has always loved making us a laughing stock for the football world at any chance they got, with many of our fans oddly even joining in.

But there is also, thankfully, another fraction of fans that, while I think most of them don't overlook the aforementioned problems, have maintained a more objective view on things and managed to see the positive developments at our club as well.

The last couple of months have personally shown for me that most fans have very high expectations of Arteta and seem to see him as one of the most exciting young managers.
However, most of the doom and gloom advocates don't seem to consider this as favorable for our chances to attact young talent.

I say it very much is, and I also say the crop of young talents that have come to much promise this season have not gone unoticed either.

People, for some weird reason non-arsenal fans probably more than most of our own, very much will know that Arsenal has become a quality option for many young talents to make another step - exactly what carried a main part of Wenger's time here, when he was forced to sell his top players, but could mostly count on a new breed of talent to follow up.

This is exactly what currently carries Dortmund and makes them more and more a main stay in the elite tier of football clubs again - they have just gotten the approval stamp of being the next best thing to make the step up and that's exactly why they get the best talents in the world, making one hell of a profit with them in the process.

We could re-create that with Arteta.

I also would really not discount the reserves that follow our already very promising current young guns either. Azeez, Balogun, .. those are serious talent as well and we finally seem to have a very much improved development process in place for them to flourish.

People should also not discount the fact that we are a club in the PL that gives an advantage to attracting players already and can pair that up with the most glamurous City in England + much better salaries than many other clubs.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No top ambitious player makes a backward move.

He will move to either Bayern, Juventus, Real, Barcelona, City, Liverpool, Chelsea or United.

All of those clubs offer more than us. United have been shocking by their standards but the have a crop of players with 2 or 3 good additions which would at least guarantee top 4 and champions league football.

Arsenal wouldnt be in the top 10 attractive clubs now.

Have a look at top young players we have developed in the last 10 years compared to Dortmund. Its night and day. When did we last develop a young player from say 18-21 and sell him for 50+m?

London is no better than the big foreign cities in terms of lifestyle. Barcelona or Madrid much more livable cities with better weather, culture etc.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Depends on what the big lad wants. He could see Arsenal as a good move for 2/3 years, easy to forget he’s only 21. Moving this early to an elite side could be a mistake.

Playing next to Saliba at Arsenal might be too similar to staying at Leipzig for many people but let’s not get this twisted, we’re a much more attractive club than them lot, CL football or not.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well then. Hopefully we prioritise a CB a bit closer to their prime years, we already have a young CB coming for next season as it is.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wouldn't rule it out just yet, media will say anything. If we have gone out of the race because of the price, it will be the same, no player ever comes cheap anymore unfortunately.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Depends on what the big lad wants. He could see Arsenal as a good move for 2/3 years, easy to forget he’s only 21. Moving this early to an elite side could be a mistake.

Playing next to Saliba at Arsenal might be too similar to staying at Leipzig for many people but let’s not get this twisted, we’re a much more attractive club than them lot, CL football or not.

Why leave Liepzig for Arsenal. If you want development better staying there. If you want money then he will have numerous options. There is literally no reason for him to move from a team on the up that's helping his development to a team on a downward trajectory that hasnt developed any top youngsters in about 10 years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leipzig to Arsenal is a step down atm. That club has great leadership, great fans, exciting team in the CL, while we’ve massively fallen off - hopefully Arteta will turn that around and make us a CL club again, which elevates our status once again.

Don’t forget it looks like we’re losing Auba, and we’re not even linked to top players since Wenger left. The decline is there to see from all angles.

Leipzig to Arsenal is a step down atm. That club has great leadership, great fans, exciting team in the CL, while we’ve massively fallen off - hopefully Arteta will turn that around and make us a CL club again, which elevates our status once again.

Don’t forget it looks like we’re losing Auba, and we’re not even linked to top players since Wenger left. The decline is there to see from all angles.

Top post from you mate! Gets Hydro's stamp of approval!

Agents smell blood, they know Raul is desperate to cling on any name they throw at him. I'm worried that Coutinho or James will be our star signing next season which is bad.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Doubt any players are drawn into the idea of playing for Arteta unless you are an old team mate (and old now) or one Cities youth players.

He's hardly a Pep, Zidane or Conte in terms of pull.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Think our post Wenger transfers have been very good! No Lucas Perez or Skhodran Mustafi!

Our post Wenger signings have us in 9th place.

We haven't been particularly good at signing players since the days of unearthing the Henry's, Pires, Gilberto Silvas and co.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arteta, like Guardiola, seems very keen on having a left-footer playing LCB. Idea being it makes it significantly easier to spread the play quickly from the back.

Not sure this is a goer for that reason alone, given that we already have Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Holding and, from next season, the golden boy Saliba as CB options, who are all right footed.

If we were going to bring in another CB then someone like Zagadou or Romagnoli might fit the bill better. Or we might go (literally) left-field with someone like Mari again.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom