• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jerome Boateng

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

After a long hard days work I decide I'll come on A-M only to see us being heavily linked with 43 year old wheelchair bound Jerome Boateng. God why are you punishing me? Is it because I was hitting on a teenager at work?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Out with one oldie, Sokratis, and in with another but better oldie. Excellent biz if you ask me! But what do i know

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Boateng hasn't turned into a terrible defender overnight but he is on a noticeable decline, big wages and still has injury problems.

If we were determined to buy an injury prone defender who used to be world class, I'd rather get Umtiti at least he can converse with Salibah!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Boateng being linked is it?

Stand-by for an over the top reaction from the AM human-centipede, featuring the usual suspects @GDeep™ , @hydrofluoric acid and @<<reed>>

AM-human-centipede.png

G should be in the middle, that's where he would want to be at least.

Goonger

I know it was only 1 game, but I watched him play vs Chelsea a couple of weeks back, expecting him to have a really difficult night at Stamford Bridge considering how he's been mocked on here, & he strolled it in truth.

Not saying that should be the trigger to sign him, but he's obviously impressed Chelsea enough to be interested as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s 32 in a few months. Was poor for City during his peak years. Went on to become world class at Bayern for two years I’ll say.

Not against signing him but what’s the plan? Raul signed Sokratis in 2018, Luiz in 2019 and maybe Boateng in 2020? Sokratis and Luiz have been poor. Arteta is favouring Mustafi above Sok.

Seems like Raul and the club are making questionable signings to cover up the questionable signing of the previous year.

Everything people are saying about Boateng (experience/winner) people said about Sok and Luiz.

GDeep™

League is very weak
2018 - Sok
2019 - Luiz
2020 - Boateng

So what’s the plan? Sok the experienced warhorse lost his space to Mustafi, Luiz came and has been poor all season and secured 9th place for us, and now we’re supposed to get excited by yet another old head in Boateng?

If the other two were the experienced warriors we needed, why do we need yet another one?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
2018 - Sok
2019 - Luiz
2020 - Boateng

So what’s the plan? Sok the experienced warhorse lost his space to Mustafi, Luiz came and has been poor all season and secured 9th place for us, and now we’re supposed to get excited by yet another old head in Boateng?

If the other two were the experienced warriors we needed, why do we need yet another one?

Cause sok musti and maybe chambers Will be out the door
Boateng and saliba as replacements is nice

truth_hurts

Boateng will get better options in a league that will suit him better. A champions league team in Spain or Italy makes a lot more sense then returning to the Premier League.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Boateng will get better options in a league that will suit him better. A champions league team in Spain or Italy makes a lot more sense then returning to the Premier League.
Why would he be good enough for a CL team in Spain when a lesser team in Bayern is selling him?

Hes 32 soon, the top two in Spain don’t sign these types, it’s only badly run clubs like Arsenal who do.

truth_hurts

Why would he be good enough for a CL team in Spain when a lesser team in Bayern is selling him?

Hes 32 soon, the top two in Spain don’t sign these types, it’s only badly run clubs like Arsenal who do.
I never suggested that they do. The top 1 in Italy does and I'm sure Inter, Lazio and whichever other team puts them self in position to qualify for the champions league could find a place for Boateng (I don't think Juventus would go for him by the way).

Pretty sure a team like Valencia, Atletico or Seville would as well.

So basically, Boateng will not be short of offers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I never suggested that they do. The top 1 in Italy does and I'm sure Inter, Lazio and whichever other team puts them self in position to qualify for the champions league could find a place for Boateng (I don't think Juventus would go for him by the way).

Pretty sure a team like Valencia, Atletico or Seville would as well.

So basically, Boateng will not be short of offers.

Fair enough, read your post wrong.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We have Luiz in his 30's for experience, we have Sokratis in his 30's for experience, we do not need another well past their best CB for experience, we need a top quality CB either in their prime or just before their prime years who can improve us as a team.

This is where you really have to question our recruitment strategy. Since Raul has come in we've gotten Mkhitaryan when we could have just got money for Alexis. Brought in Lichsteiner, Sokratis, Torreira. Brought in Suarez on loan who contributed nothing. Signed a Luiz Lampard didn't want when facing a transfer ban, signed Ceballos on loan. Signed Cedric and Mari on loan. It's a massive cluster-**** without an real plan.

Martinelli, Pepe, Tierney and Guendouzi fair enough, you can see the idea there everything else has either been appalling or just completely stupid which doesn't help us in anyway other than the immediate short term and most of them have failed to do even that.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
One of my favorite players in his prime but he fell off of a cliff. I think one of Guardiola's greatest feats was turning Boateng into what he did.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He’s been amazing since Flick has taken over. Still think we should pass and focus on a younger core.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Boateng is only playing for Bayern because Sule/Pavard/Hernandez are injured. Even then Martinez and Alaba were being chosen ahead of him when available. Then when Boateng did play he was usually getting caught out and making errors. I don't think he can cut it at top-level Bundesliga anymore let alone PL.

Top Bottom