• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He's had a couple of decent performances here and there, he's hardly set the world alight for us though.
He had some very promising performances playing far beyond his age. And he was continuously performing well at youth level. When a player like him comes around you open your eyes and give him a chance or lose him and weep.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He has all the attribute of a star in the making, which is actually making me question why so many are so high on Grealish coming. ESR as a far higher ceiling and is still younger and can improve so much. I'd rather we signed a different profile of player or if we're gonna sign someone in that area at least be potentially world class like Aouar has that potential, not Grealish. Or even Maddison for that matter.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He has all the attribute of a star in the making, which is actually making me question why so many are so high on Grealish coming. ESR as a far higher ceiling and is still younger and can improve so much. I'd rather we signed a different profile of player or if we're gonna sign someone in that area at least be potentially world class like Aouar has that potential, not Grealish. Or even Maddison for that matter.
You're gonna trigger some stupid responses where people will start comparing Grealish to ESR. It will depend on what the board wants from the team next year. If they wanna scrap for results as we did for the last couple of years, they're gonna waste money on someone outside. If they plan to finally cut the squad cost, we could see ESR returning and taking that AMC role, probably rotating with Joe Willock and Nelson.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I also see ESR as very similar in style to Grealish. Capable of getting plenty of minutes next season on the right or at attacking mid. Could be an excellent squad option.

If only Özil was still good and Pepe found his feet, ESR and Nelson would be exciting under studies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If only Özil was still good and Pepe found his feet, ESR and Nelson would be exciting under studies.
The kids are learning from players that have a questionable mentality and managers so far protected lazy seniors with the exception of Emery. I didn't mind Henry being lazy sometimes just because he was a true winner, and players like RVP and Ade had that amazing opportunity to learn from the best, just like Henry had Bergkamp here when he arrived. ESR, Martinelli and Nelson will learn from spineless losers who lack quality or/and the proper mentality.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The kids are learning from players that have a questionable mentality and managers so far protected lazy seniors with the exception of Emery. I didn't mind Henry being lazy sometimes just because he was a true winner, and players like RVP and Ade had that amazing opportunity to learn from the best, just like Henry had Bergkamp here when he arrived. ESR, Martinelli and Nelson will learn from spineless losers who lack quality or/and the proper mentality.
My hope is that they learn more from Arteta, Freddie and Pires and realise that the seniors are just there to protect them from burnout. Find a truly elite player and follow their example, not a useless team mate.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
38, 35, 28.
Wideoverload

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You a Huddersfield fan? What's your take on how Smith-Rowe has been doing?

He's done really well! Lifted the side, which does not have much quality these days. Dan Cowley seems a decent manager, but it is going to be nip and tuck in terms of survival. ESR seems to enjoy the confidence of the manager and the fans.

I used to go to a lot of matches in the late 90s, when I studied in York. I liked the club. Always felt welcome when I went there. Granted as a Norwegian, you're about as controversial as nice weather, unless you start talking about whaling.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He's done really well! Lifted the side, which does not have much quality these days. Dan Cowley seems a decent manager, but it is going to be nip and tuck in terms of survival. ESR seems to enjoy the confidence of the manager and the fans.

I used to go to a lot of matches in the late 90s, when I studied in York. I liked the club. Always felt welcome when I went there. Granted as a Norwegian, you're about as controversial as nice weather, unless you start talking about whaling.
I’m not sure which position he has been played. Because position wise he looks all over the place in the highlights.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Glad to hear! Hope you manage to stay up.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A real real talent. Will not be here next season but we should be doing everything in our power to try and make it happen.

The only thing wrong with his play is that he thinks the rest of our team are as good as he is.
Oh, how I wish.

Wonderful with the ball at his feet, plays a beat faster than everyone else which, in my eyes, is the difference between Championship and Premier League. However, and this is a slight criticism, he looked lost when we didn't have the ball and needed to press. That can be coached, the instinctive forward thinking stuff cant.

An absolute delight to watch - one of those players who seemed determined to make something happen whenever he got the ball. Occasionally, and inevitably, lost us possession by trying things but one of the few Town players actually able to create anything. Positive in nearly everything he did - bearing in mind his age (and lack of stamina at times?) one of the best young players I've seen for years.

Streets ahead of any midfield player we possess.

These are all quotes from a Huddersfield forum.. didnt bother to post more but they love him over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom