• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Partey ends up here it will be because we still pay big wages and he’s of an age when we were the team in Africa. The club is still a pull even if we aren’t regularly in the Champions League.
Having a player like auba who is super star in europe also help

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'll mark it down for Arteta. Unlike some, I already think he has pull - even if it's only reputation.

I love Arteta, but would he have much pulling power at this stage?

He was an underrated player but was always in the shadow of the other Spanish mids from that time, plus the only league title he has is a Scottish one, though a Scottish league in 2003 is a better honour than a Scottish League today, I still don't think many players would really know about him.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Ceballos is too slow, takes too long on the ball, had zero recovery pace, is weak in the challenge and is weak in the air. He is more of the same.

Xhaka, Ceballos,Guendouzi and Torreira are the exact midfielders we need to move on from. We cannot afford to have passengers in our midfield and we can't have players who are only good at 1 thing.

Partey would literally transform our midfield and judging by those statistics why not get Anguissa from Fulham who would cost peanuts.

If you have Partey and Anguissa in midfield you basically win the midfield. It allows you to play a third creative player with goal scoring ability, like a Fekir.

Partey is most likely the only 'big' name we are going for. A swap deal for Lacazette makes sense. Disasi is a major clue into the business we are trying to do. I wouldn't be surprised if we dont buy Mari and Soares. Disasi is the right physical profile, but it also needs to be replicated in midfield. Toulouse are getting relegated ffs. Sangare would be peanuts.
Xhaka will continue to be a starter at LCM/LCB. Arteta is a fan of his and even wanted him at City. He’s found a role for him where he thrives so I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

Just because Anguissa can dribble doesn’t mean he’s good. What else do you know about him? Wasn’t he terrible at Fulham?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I love Arteta, but would he have much pulling power at this stage?

He was an underrated player but was always in the shadow of the other Spanish mids from that time, plus the only league title he has is a Scottish one, though a Scottish league in 2003 is a better honour than a Scottish League today, I still don't think many players would really know about him.
Yes, yes he would. Hasn't ****ed anything up yet and is riding a massive reputation in the world of football. Unless he gets found out, then his first couple of transfer windows should go well (dependent on available finances).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Just because we didnt win trophies it doesn't take away from his quality of consistent peformances for us.

Swapping Lacca in a potential deal for the new Wanyama/ Sissoko/ N'Dombele wouldnt be the best thing Lacca has done for us, clearly its Laccas peformances.
He’s nothing like those players :lol:. I see the pattern though

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
If we did sign Thomas, how highly would you rate it...at least as impressive as the Özil/Sanchez deals for me.

Özil and Alexis?

Özil had already lead the Bundesliga, La Liga, Champions league, Europa League and the European Championship in asissts and was widely considered to the best ACM in the world.

Alexis Sanchez was the 4th highest scorer in La liga behind Messi, Ronaldo and Costa the season prior to signing with us. Alexis also outscored Bale, Griezmann and Neymar that season. Stoichkov called Alexis Barcelona's most talented player.

Partey biggest achievement is getting into the 2018 African confederation team year with Auirer and Baily.

Özil and Alexis where top quality world class players and Partey is no where near that level of proven. I would say Partey is to similar to Xhaka level signing as far as being proven goes after a couple of decent seasons. Weather Partey turns out to be as good as Xhaka is yet to be seen and thats if he joins the PL.

Last edited:

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He’s nothing like those players :lol:. I see the pattern though

Big, physical, althetic and technically gifted is what was said about those players before they joined PL. That's exactly what people on this thread are saying about Partey.

Riou

Özil and Alexis?

Özil had already lead the Bundesliga, La Liga, Champions league, Europa League and the European Championship in asissts and was widely considered to the best ACM in the world.

Alexis Sanchez was the 4th highest scorer in La liga behind Messi, Ronaldo and Costa the season prior to signing with us. Alexis also outscored Bale, Griezmann and Neymar that season. Stoichkov called Alexis Barcelona's most talented player.

Partey biggest achievement is getting into the 2018 African confederation team year with Auirer and Baily.

Özil and Alexis where top quality world class players and Partey is now where near that level of proven. I would say Partey is to similar to Xhaka level signing as far as being proven goes after a couple of decent seasons. Weather Partey turns out to be as good as Xhaka is yet to be seen and thats if he joins the PL.

Obviously Özil and Sanchez were more successful players, but despite being brilliant players both were kind of given to us by Madrid and Barca...getting Partey would be quite a coup as Atletico don't want to sell, plus he would surely have other suitors after him too.

Parety would be a great signing, our midfield as zero power in it, ne would fix that, plus he is underrated with the ball...our midfield needs to be changed, getting Partey could get the best out of Torreira too, depending on how Arteta wants to play.

Also...isn't Partey's style of play closer to Dembele and he was Sp**s' best player for me, they have struggled so badly without him... @Rex Banter to verify?

Riou

giphy.gif

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Özil and Alexis?

Özil and Alexis where top quality world class players and Partey is now where near that level of proven. I would say Partey is to similar to Xhaka level signing as far as being proven goes after a couple of decent seasons. Weather Partey turns out to be as good as Xhaka is yet to be seen and thats if he joins the PL.
Xhaka never had stand our performances in the CL like Partey did. Partey is top 3 in World football for his position. I read a post where you compared him to Sissoko and Wanyama. Willock is more comparable to those guys than Partey is. In your opinion, who would you say is better than Partey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom