• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Always rated very highly, even with being injury I'd take in instant over Özil.

A trio of Torreira, Ceballos and Fekir would be the most gifted midfield technically in the league with the exception of maybe city.

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's been living in Spain for the best part of 8 months. Raul will be zooming/house party app-ing with his knob out and Arteta will have a new player to sing the words to Macarena with. I'd rate this as a 99% chance of happening.

This transfer made sense last summer - not now.

LG10

Made of glass and doesn't really have a clearly defined role. Value for money would be very poor, very fun player to watch though. These kinds of players just aren't used by top teams anymore, all about pace and power nowadays.

LG10

Always rated very highly, even with being injury I'd take in instant over Özil.

A trio of Torreira, Ceballos and Fekir would be the most gifted midfield technically in the league with the exception of maybe city.
This midfield would be absolutely ripped to shreds every game, there's a reason why we want Partey. Xhaka is preferred over Torreira as well.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

No..something seriously dodgy with his knees.

If it’s about the Liverpool transfer collapsing it turns out that was made up.

Liverpool apparently got sick of his brother-in-law acting like his agent and trying to change the deal.

He’s injury prone in terms of missing a couple of weeks here and there but not Ramsey or RVP level where a week will turn into months.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
If it’s about the Liverpool transfer collapsing it turns out that was made up.

Liverpool apparently got sick of his brother-in-law acting like his agent and trying to change the deal.

He’s injury prone in terms of missing a couple of weeks here and there but not Ramsey or RVP level where a week will turn into months.

I believe he had a cruciate ligament tear which kept him out for a almost an entire season and then he regularly had muscular problems and knee contusions. He's a good player but not what we should look at.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
This midfield would be absolutely ripped to shreds every game, there's a reason why we want Partey. Xhaka is preferred over Torreira as well.

Xhaka is preffered but we have a more balanced midfield without him despite his qualities. Having a solid DCM like Torreira and well rounded technical cm like Ceballos who is mobile, hard working and who can contribute defensively and I see no worries without midfield.

LG10

Xhaka is preffered but we have a more balanced midfield without him despite his qualities. Having a solid DCM like Torreira and well rounded technical cm like Ceballos who is mobile, hard working and who can contribute defensively and I see no worries without midfield.
More meant that Xhaka is a cert starter with Arteta. Xhaka, Torreira, and Fekir could be interesting but again not good defensively. Fekir just isn't a midfielder that can play in a 3 for a serious side.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
More meant that Xhaka is a cert starter with Arteta. Xhaka, Torreira, and Fekir could be interesting but again not good defensively. Fekir just isn't a midfielder that can play in a 3 for a serious side.
Think that just bollocks and I can't remember at what point did we become this pragmatic side that is only concerned about the defensive side of the game. This is not Fekir related but my general opinion as a whole. Everyone is just concerned if wide forwards can track back or if number 10 can do the donkey work in midfield. Football games can still be won by having a technically superior team and that will always be the case. If there is a player in our team that can't play for any top side, that would be Xhaka. Fekir can play for most top sides when healthy

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him because I really like him and feel he could potentially be quality in a central role. Is it a gamble we can afford to make tho, that's a huge question. Fekir has a lot of favourable attributes which none of our other options have currently. Had huge potential, of course the injuries are a major mark against him. Not his fault but it's hard to come back to your best and we don't know if he'll be back at the level he was for Lyon prior to the injuries when he was quite sought after.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't mind taking a gamble on him because I really like him and feel he could potentially be quality in a central role. Is it a gamble we can afford to make tho, that's a huge question. Fekir has a lot of favourable attributes which none of our other options have currently. Had huge potential, of course the injuries are a major mark against him. Not his fault but it's hard to come back to your best and we don't know if he'll be back at the level he was for Lyon prior to the injuries when he was quite sought after.

I honestly believe the injury stuff with him got overblown, I know reading the reddit post seems to indicate he’s massively at risk but I remember reading the same stuff about Gundogan having an unsolvable spinal problem years before his City move.

He’s looked so dangerous for Betis this year, he’s so far above their other players it’s ridiculous. He had a great year before the Liverpool saga, which apparently didn’t fail due to medical reasons and he’s consistently played 29+ games a year since the ACL rupture.

However despite me being a big fan I wouldn’t sign him now, we should have bought him last summer for 17M which would have been a steal with almost no risk.

After a great season at Betis he’s probably worth double that.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Fekir is certainly a quality player, the type of player that gets the crowd off their feet. My concern is that we will really need som athleticism in to our team and Fekir doesn`t really provide that even though he`s quite physically strong. Much prefer him to Özil though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Regarding his injuries, here is the best analysis I have ever seen about knee injuries.

As someone who has had an ACL reconstruction that was a good read.

7months return too football is crazy, I played football prior to my injury and was a major gymrat before and after but I made a return to football maybe two years after surgery, jumped for a header came down and knee went, requiring a surgery to clear fragments in my knee out.. can play football now but not too the same standard or level/speed which was too frustrating so no longer bother.

Obviously his rehab and access to HGH would be on another level but I can definitely see why clubs would see a transfer as a risk, from my experience the knee just never feels the same.

Pepes blue pill

How the hell did I miss this thread when I started a new one ffs, I even searched to see if there was already a thread n couldnt find it, to make it worse I been day drinking but wasnt even drunk at the time, now my head is banging n all I gotta say is a would love this transfer to happen, however all talk at the moment is likely bs, doubt many clubs are worried about transfers right now

Pepes blue pill

I honestly believe the injury stuff with him got overblown, I know reading the reddit post seems to indicate he’s massively at risk but I remember reading the same stuff about Gundogan having an unsolvable spinal problem years before his City move.

He’s looked so dangerous for Betis this year, he’s so far above their other players it’s ridiculous. He had a great year before the Liverpool saga, which apparently didn’t fail due to medical reasons and he’s consistently played 29+ games a year since the ACL rupture.

However despite me being a big fan I wouldn’t sign him now, we should have bought him last summer for 17M which would have been a steal with almost no risk.

After a great season at Betis he’s probably worth double that.

My friend who is a betis fan who first made me aware of this rumour said he was the best player he has seen as betis which is a huge compliment, would love this transfer to happen, dont believe any transfer talk atm but imagine him n partey coming in :Celebration::bounce:

LG10

Think that just bollocks and I can't remember at what point did we become this pragmatic side that is only concerned about the defensive side of the game. This is not Fekir related but my general opinion as a whole. Everyone is just concerned if wide forwards can track back or if number 10 can do the donkey work in midfield. Football games can still be won by having a technically superior team and that will always be the case. If there is a player in our team that can't play for any top side, that would be Xhaka. Fekir can play for most top sides when healthy
What's my post got to do with us being a defensive side? I'm talking in general, that midfield is weak and would get teared apart on counter attacks. If you're midfield isn't balanced you're done, did you watch us at all last season? It was dreadful stuff there at times. Ceballos, Torreirra, and Fekir are all built like pre teens and are slow as hell, would be awful to watch.

Obviously you win with technical ability ffs, stating the bleeding obvious. Physicality and the "donkey work" is still important though. Look at pool and city, the 2 best teams in the country; they run like absolute mad men and have top class technical ability which is why they win so much. And Fekir is so good that Betis were the only club that took him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fekir is a good player...but for the love of God, can we please start signing some powerful players again...midfielders whom are both technical and physical, think we used to do this...

patrick-vieira-and-gilberto-1412238808.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom