• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dayot Upamecano

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Basically that we were out of the race because we thought Leipzig's asking price was excessive.

Buying a young promising player from a Champions League team is never going to be cheap. We have signed Saliba for 30m who's playing in what mid table team in France.

Obviously it's going to need another 20m or so for a champions league player who's fighting for the Bundesliga.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Arteta, like Guardiola, seems very keen on having a left-footer playing LCB. Idea being it makes it significantly easier to spread the play quickly from the back.

Not sure this is a goer for that reason alone, given that we already have Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Holding and, from next season, the golden boy Saliba as CB options, who are all right footed.

If we were going to bring in another CB then someone like Zagadou or Romagnoli might fit the bill better. Or we might go (literally) left-field with someone like Mari again.

If we sign Mari permanently he could do a fine job for us. People are sleeping on him.

Shalmaneser V

We need to start spending some money on the defense.

If Mari is our signing next transfer window I think we will see the same struggles as before.

Agree we need to go big. Invest in a top rated centre back. No fooling about.

Would like to see one of Upamecano, Pau Torres, Zagadou, Romagnoli or Koulibaly(for the right price) brought in.

I would actually keep Mari around next season too, for squad depth.

goonerfamily

Upamecano is class but is anyone concerned about his injury record? We've been hurt so much by having crocks over the past 20 years. Arsenal just need a spine of 15 or so reliable, consistently fit players to start competing again. I wonder if we should start paying more attention to players and their fitness records.

say yes

forum master baiter
Instead of having first team and the second team we can switch to the clown team and bum team!

Clown team

Leno
Mustafi - Luiz
Torreira Xhaka

Bum team

Martinez
Sokratis Lovren
Guendouzi Ceballos

Thankfully I'm too supportive of our players. I won't ever do that!
Who do you want?

Reactions: A_G

Latest posts+

Top Bottom