• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

giphy.gif

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Özil just doesn't have a winner's mentality. When things aren't going well, he's the first one to throw a strop and casually walk round the pitch with his hands on his waist like a teenager that's just been grounded.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s just on another level in every way.
Yep.

All time stats in an Arsenal shirt:
1. Fabregas: 23936 mins, 57g, 92a, 160.6 mins per goal or assist
2. Özil: 20949 mins, 44g, 77a, 173.1 mins per goals or assist

Cesc cored more, assisted more, and did both at a higher rate considering minutes played.

However, that comparison is actually quite unfair on Cesc given that his first four seasons here were spent developing as a kid whereas Özil joined as a developed superstar. If we were only to compare Fabregas from 07/08 onwards (his breakout season) with Özil then we get the following results:

Stats following Fabregas's breakout season (07/08):

1. Fabregas: 12371 mins, 44g, 74a, 104.8 mins per goal or assist

So Cesc not only wins, but wipes the floor with Mesut.

However, once again you could argue that comparison is unfair on Cesc given that he didn't start playing as a "10" until the 2009/2010 season. Before then he had been playing in a deeper midfield role, where you would expect him to be less productive. Özil, in comparison, has always played in an advanced role for us. If we were only to compare Fabregas's stats with Özil when playing the same role then we get the following results:

Stats following Fabregas's move to "10" role:
1. Fabregas: 5612 mins, 28g, 36a, 87.8 mins per goal or assist

Özil's atomised body practically needs to be wiped off the floor at this point, with Fabregas proving to have been virtually twice as productive as Mesut while playing in a 10 role.

"bUt CeSc neVer HAd a seAsoN as GoOd as mEsUT iN 15/16"

Yes, he really did.
1. Cesc 09/10: 3068 mins, 19g, 20a, 78.7 mins per goal or assist
2. Cesc 10/11: 2544 mins, 9g, 16a, 101.8 mins per goal or assist
3. Cesc 07/08: 3889 mins, 13g, 22, 111.1 mins per goal or assist
4. Özil 15/16: 3940 mins, 8g, 20a, 140.7 mins per goal or assist
5. Özil 16/17: 3746 mins, 12g, 14a, 144.1 mins per goal or assist

And none of that is even taking account Cesc’s much greater involvement in our build up play / defensive involvements. Cesc @ Arsenal was absolute levels above Özil @ Arsenal.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yep.

All time stats in an Arsenal shirt:
1. Fabregas: 23936 mins, 57g, 92a, 160.6 mins per goal or assist

Cesc cored more, assisted more, and did both at a higher rate considering minutes played.

However, that comparison is actually quite unfair on Cesc given that his first four seasons here were spent developing as a kid whereas Özil joined as a developed superstar. If we were only to compare Fabregas from 07/08 onwards (his breakout season) with Özil then we get the following results:

Stats following Fabregas's breakout season (07/08):

1. Fabregas: 12371 mins, 44g, 74a, 104.8 mins per goal or assist

So Cesc not only wins, but wipes the floor with Mesut.

However, once again you could argue that comparison is unfair on Cesc given that he didn't start playing as a "10" until the 2009/2010 season. Before then he had been playing in a deeper midfield role, where you would expect him to be less productive. Özil, in comparison, has always played in an advanced role for us. If we were only to compare Fabregas's stats with Özil when playing the same role then we get the following results:

Stats following Fabregas's move to "10" role:
1. Fabregas: 5612 mins, 28g, 36a, 87.8 mins per goal or assist

Özil's atomised body practically needs to be wiped off the floor at this point, with Fabregas proving to have been virtually twice as productive as Mesut while playing in a 10 role.

"bUt CeSc neVer HAd a seAsoN as GoOd as mEsUT iN 15/16"

Yes, he really did.
1. Cesc 09/10: 3068 mins, 19g, 20a, 78.7 mins per goal or assist
2. Cesc 10/11: 2544 mins, 9g, 16a, 101.8 mins per goal or assist
3. Cesc 07/08: 3889 mins, 13g, 22, 111.1 mins per goal or assist
4. Özil 15/16: 3940 mins, 8g, 20a, 140.7 mins per goal or assist
5. Özil 16/17: 3746 mins, 12g, 14a, 144.1 mins per goal or assist

And none of that is even taking account Cesc’s much greater involvement in our build up play / defensive involvements. Cesc @ Arsenal was absolute levels above Özil @ Arsenal.

Quality post, imma frame it on me bedroom wall.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Macho @Jae @Jury

If it’s me that you three clowns are calling for, actually @ me next time because I don’t check many threads unless I’m replied to in them.

Also please quote to me where I’m a pro-Özil no mark? Oh right that’s because you can’t. My point was that players getting wage cuts to fund the transfer budget is ridiculous and if it happened in any other line of work it’d be a national outrage.

In fact if anything I’ve said that we shouldn’t have signed Özil to a new contract before probably any of you, I’ve thought he’s been washed for months if not years and fully admit that pre-Barca move Cesc was better than Özil has ever been for us.

If you want to completely misrepresent my point with the banter argument of “hurr durr my player is better than yours” save it for someone it actually applies to yeah?

I don’t like Fabregas based on footballing reasons but he seems like a decent guy away from that. I’ve always maintained that footballers should take wage cuts so Cesc should be applauded for that, my point was that I am uncomfortable for it going to clubs rather than charity in a time of national crisis. That’s all?

But nah you three actually want to turn wage cuts into a p*ssing contest to bash “Özil fanboys” with. Big brain stuff lads. :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Relax. I myself was referring to G-Deep and his cronies.
I don’t actually check for your posts nor know any of your opinions to be honest with you @Rex Banter

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Relax. I myself was referring to G-Deep and his cronies.
I don’t actually check for your posts nor know any of your opinions to be honest with you @Rex Banter

I wouldn’t expect you to but I’d posted on the last page though so if you’re going to be making snidey comments best be specific.

Hope that helps.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I’d posted on the last page though so if you’re going to be making snidey comments best be specific.

Hope that helps.
My guy, how else can I clearly explain to you that I could not give a f*ck about what you think? :lol:

Get off my n*ts I can post whatever the hell I like within reason.

I posted an article about Cesc forgoing his entire salary whilst our entire team dragged their feet over 15% or whatever, get over it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Get off my n*ts I can post whatever the hell I like within reason.

My bad seen as you weren’t on about me but if you call people out you’re probably getting something back though?

It’s not like shocking.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

:lol:

For what it’s worth, I am well aware of Özil’s charity work and generous nature actually. So whilst his stance on the payment thing is strange from my perspective being a regular wage slave, it is obvious to those that pay attention that there is more than meets the eye.

Let’s not forget Özil (rightly) pointed out the treatment of Muslims in some Chinese regions and the clubs reaction towards that was actually disgusting. He is in some ways right to make the club explain what they are doing with the money seeing as the owner/owners haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory.

My article and following comment was only to be a light hearted jab in this perpetual debate, yes I did want a reaction- but nothing sinister.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

For what it’s worth, I am well aware of Özil’s charity work and generous nature actually. So whilst his stance on the payment thing is strange from my perspective being a regular wage slave, it is obvious to those that pay attention that there is more than meets the eye.

Let’s not forget Özil (rightly) pointed out the treatment of Muslims in some Chinese regions and the clubs reaction towards that was actually disgusting. He is in some ways right to make the club explain what they are doing with the money seeing as the owner/owners haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory.

My article and following comment was only to be a light hearted jab in this perpetual debate, yes I did want a reaction- but nothing sinister.

Actually tbf I do agree with this. I’m not a diehard fan of his, his Erdogan stuff was dodgy but he seems a decent guy off the field as does Fabregas and yeah owners should be questioned as much as footballers.

Looking back at it, I overreacted at something that probably wasn’t meant for me so yeah apologies to you, @Jae and @Jury

Macho

Dusted 🔻

We all know Cesc is desperate to be somebodies club legend anyways. He’s a suck up and publically donating his wages when no one asked him to is typical of him. :lol:
Still nice of him though and interesting to see the contrast compared to what’s happening in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom