• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

THE CHAMPIONS!

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Really,how Utd didn't win more Champions League under Sir Alex ? They knew to play defensive football and to get result in some big matches.Not saying that winning two times is not good,but if you compare how were they dominant in EPL,they could done little bit more.

We got to quite a few finals, just the teams we faced were better.

These are the CL winners from 1992 to 2013 - (Sir Alex's years)
- Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan (3)
- Bayern, Man Utd (2)
- Liverpool, Inter, Marseille, Dortmund, Ajax, Chelsea, Juventus, Porto, Marseille (1)

Don't think it's just a United thing either, it's quite challenging for English clubs to do well in Europe in the current format of fixtures. City's dominance with Pep in the last few years shows that despite what they've accomplished domestically.

You look at Chelsea's win and how they won when they more or less forfeited the league. I think an English team needs a lot of luck or has to be beyond exceptional to win the Champions league.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Yeah, they conceded two late goals in the 1st leg after scoring first and then Robben scored that great goal at OT. Rafael lost his head and got sent off too iirc.

They were unlucky to lose that one to be fair :lol:,made some big mistake for Olic's goal and than scored 3 goals in first half and lost at the end.

But they didn't even win EPL that season,had some oscillations in results.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
But they didn't even win EPL that season,had some oscillations in results.
They lost the league by 1 point because of this ridiculous decision:
Offside.jpg

I would've lost it if I was a United fan

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Offside.jpg

Unlucky yes...but they had won the league the last 3 years before this, you can't win them all ffs :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
We got to quite a few finals, just the teams we faced were better.

These are the CL winners from 1992 to 2013 - (Sir Alex's years)
- Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan (3)
- Bayern, Man Utd (2)
- Liverpool, Inter, Marseille, Dortmund, Ajax, Chelsea, Juventus, Porto, Marseille (1)

Don't think it's just a United thing either, it's quite challenging for English clubs to do well in Europe in the current format of fixtures. City's dominance with Pep in the last few years shows that despite what they've accomplished domestically.

You look at Chelsea's win and how they won when they more or less forfeited the league. I think an English team needs a lot of luck or has to be beyond exceptional to win the Champions league.

Yeah,like i wrote it's not easy,but maybe in some games you would think they could done better.Some fine margins decide at the end in knock-out stages.

Think that Pep was always exposed in CL since he left Barcelona.His teams were not great in defence and he didn't change his style a lot against some strong opponents.Bayern was always second best against Spanish teams and City had similar problem.

Chelsea was also unlucky in some moments :lol:.They probably should win once in that period from 2004 to 2011.They got their luck back in 2012 when no one expected from them to win it.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Offside.jpg

To be fair,Chelsea was better team that season.Played attacking football under Ancelotti and got EPL at the end.That was United's first season without Ronaldo and i think they had a lot of injuries.

Riou

Henry wheeling away in celebration, while Messi is on the ground in agony after getting elbowed by Van Bommel...lovely stuff...

...loved Barcelona that season.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Henry wheeling away in celebration, while Messi is on the ground in agony after getting elbowed by Van Bommel...lovely stuff...

...loved Barcelona that season.

That was season before Van Gaal came to Bayern.He knew how to improve them and they played CL final next season :lol:

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Not really a classic, a bit like your one from 2013 were Bayern were great and Barca were only good...still feel Henry should have probably been sent off, for two footing Butt in the face ffs :lol:

Barcelona was always kinda strong at Camp Nou.Think they had big advantage at home ground,unlike some other teams that play in Champions League.I kinda expected from them to thrash Bayern that season.

Well,remember what happend against Chelsea that season.Drogba's reaction :rofl:

Riou

Barcelona was always kinda strong at Camp Nou.Think they had big advantage at home ground,unlike some other teams that play in Champions League.I kinda expected from them to thrash Bayern that season.

Well,remember what happend against Chelsea that season.Drogba's reaction :rofl:

This one match nearly made my mum leave my dad...hilarious looking back :rofl:

Riou

Best game at The Emirates...

...the year before this when we played them, they dominated us, should have lost both legs in 2010 4-1 really...was so proud of the boys that they could match the best team in the world in 2011, brilliant game of football.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Best game at The Emirates...

...the year before this when we played them, they dominated us really, should have lost both legs in 2010 4-1 really...was so proud of the boys that they could match the best team in the world in 2011, brilliant game of football.

Really likeable lineup (at the time) anyway.

The front 6 for Arsenal were ballers. Each of them were so comfortable on the ball. I even like the defence tbh.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The Man City - Monaco games of 2017 remains my favorite clashes in recent times. Mbappe bursting on to the scene, Lemar doing bits on the wing and the fullbacks running like absolute maniacs up and down. Bakayoko looked amazing i recall

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

The Man City - Monaco games of 2017 remains my favorite clashes in recent times. Mbappe bursting on to the scene, Lemar doing bits on the wing and the fullbacks running like absolute maniacs up and down. Bakayoko looked amazing i recall

Great shout. I usually hate the video title "This is the game that made x team sign x player" - But this truly was it for Bernardo Silva.

Falcao's goal was ridiculous.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom