• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,458

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Although Willian can play LW he is better RW and we have Pepe there.

Fraser is younger and natural LW so I would prefer him out of the two.

However ever if we lost Auba we would still have Saka and Martinelli so LW isnt a priority in my opinion.
Willian would be a great fit for the inside left forward role Auba is playing right now. He’s both technically skilled and strong defensively. We also have no backup for Pepe on the RW apart from Nelson.
Fraser is (as far as I know) a touchline winger on the left so he’d be competing with Saka, KT and Kola, a position we really don’t need to sign players for.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Willian and Pepe isn't direct enough for me. Willian for me is just a much more complete version of Iwobi.

If we were to move towards a 4-4-2 (highly unlikely) or move Pepe to CAM, I'd be all for Willian.

------------------Torreria---CM--------------------
--Willian------------------------------------Saka--
----------------------Pepe-----------------------------
---------------------------Auba

I really like to be honest.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Can see William going to Spuds. He'd be a pretty decent Mkhitaryan replacement and a good option for even midfield, wingback, left wing.
Getting him and Fraser would give us pretty good depth for the wide areas.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
32 year old Willian, after Cech and Luiz. Why we accepting Chelsea leftovers?

Because they were better than what we had/have. Harsh reality. Cech was the best goal keeper that we had for around a decade. Luiz is the best defender at the club (low bar) and Willian has done far more in the game then any of our attackers bar Özil. He's outperforming them all bar Aubameyang as well.

They could chuck us a few more out of favour that would probably start here as well namely Zouma/Ampadu, Bakayoko, Barkley, RLC, Pedro, Giroud/Michy (debateable).

Which of our out of favour players could start there?..

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Willian strolls into our team.
That doesn't mean we should have him though. If he leaves Chelsea, they won't lose a tear over it. That's not the kind of player we should signing.

We might as well take Pedro and Drink water off their hands.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Willian wouldnt get in the side in his natural position of RW as we have a better player in Pepe there.

I personally wouldn't take Willian at LW over Saka and Martinelli as I dont want them denied game time And both of their forms merit playing time.

I would take Willian as AMC over Özil considering how inconsistent Özil is (plus if we could get rid of Özil it get his ridiculous wage off our bill). Willian was actually more productive at AMC this season than on either wing this season despite olaying leas games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom