• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Better than spending 13M on total mediocrity which is the other option at that price.
Arsenal don't have the luxury of signing players that will take at least 3 years to reach their potential assuming they don't turn out to be bums. At least not now when we really need to accelerate our rebuild or we'd get left behind

Goonger

KSE taking advantage of the low transfer fee market?

To be honest, if they were remotely ambitious and wanted Arsenal to succeed then now would be the perfect time for them to speculate to accumulate, providing they dont fall foul of FFP.

3 or 4 of the right signings (with the likes of Auba & Saka staying & you've made a massive difference to the team / squad, and we aren't talking about £100M players here.

You also have your fall back of the youth coming through to make up squad places. Even if they don't work out guys like Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah are highly rated to get a return on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal don't have the luxury of signing players that will take at least 3 years to reach their potential assuming they don't turn out to be bums. At least not now when we really need to accelerate our rebuild or we'd get left behind

He’ll be 24 in the summer, if we have to wait 3 years to see his potential there’s something wrong there :lol:

Impact

Established Member
If this is true, it just screams of negligence. Despite FA sanction and Southampton's hard ball, Liverpool never gave up on VVD. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a backup, but if we really need Upamecano, then we should go all in, not half-assing it.

Like I said in my reply to another poster. We have to do a fire sale of our bums, even if they have to leave for next to nothing just to raise funds for summer business

Gabriel > Upamecano

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Stan Kronke, he's done it again!
Could this just be regarding the set amount of cash we always need put away to prove to our lenders that we can come good on the stadium loan? Apparently we always have to keep 30 something million free for that.

Not a very clear post, I'd be gladly shocked if its saying Kroenke might be actually helping us with football related issues for once.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He’ll be 24 in the summer, if we have to wait 3 years to see his potential there’s something wrong there :lol:
I thought he was some 18 year old.

My bad :lol:

Are we sure he's not going to turn out to be a bum?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’m suspicious that two clubs who could use a top striker want nothing to do with him anymore.

Apparently Juventus still very interested in him. Wouldn't get that transfer though, they've got their 25+ goalscorer in Ronaldo and should be looking for a Firmino/Tevez/Lewandowski/Benzema type of striker, not just an outright fox in the box.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wouldn't want to deal with his wife's problems, tbf.
Important caveat from SW:
It’s said that Aubameyang is worth between €50m and €60m, which means he’s cheaper than Icardi. Still, it’s seen as a way for both clubs to find a solution for their players.

We better make it clear that Tuttosport don’t seem to have concrete information on any steps being taken with this deal. But once it’s suggested and thrown out in the Italian press, we all know this is a story which can grow very soon.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Apparently Juventus still very interested in him. Wouldn't get that transfer though, they've got their 25+ goalscorer in Ronaldo and should be looking for a Firmino/Tevez/Lewandowski/Benzema type of striker, not just an outright fox in the box.

Ronaldo and Rashica would be have zero creativity at all. :lol: Probably wouldn’t fit us either unless Aubameyang left tbh.

In terms of realistic signings we have a lot of different areas of need.

Thomas would be a dream and should be the priority, I’d add Grealish if Villa are relegated, Buendia if they’re not.

If Auba still wants out maybe take a swap deal for Jovic and add Rashica on the cheap. Think Bogle would be a smart deal as well.

Even then that’s five players coming in and probably too much but with some manoeuvring you could pull it off.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Our priority has to be a CM. A CM that will elevate our midfield. If we sort our midfield, I don't think we'll have problem upfront. We have to offload Elneny, Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil, possibly Sokratis and Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom