• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 231,476

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Yes.

kia-seltos-gravity-gray.png

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
His desire for a three year contract is why Chelsea is letting him go to begin with. Wouldn’t accept a one or two year deal.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Three years would be so so stupid, he's already on the decline. Last thing we need is being stuck with another player well past his best who we can get rid of due to his contract. I thought we were gonna be smarter in the transfer market.

I think even 2 years would be a risk, though obviously Willian would be wanting security naturally enough so it's pretty understandable why he'd want 3 years for the club it seems like it'd be a pretty silly move. Like Mutable says it'd be better if there was an optional year in it rather than forcing us to commit.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure we have many players better than him therefor all for it.

Third year may be a risk but the guy is in great shape & not a game over reliance on pace. Think he will be a big asset opposite Pepe & who knows if game time to be won at CAM.

Pepe was a bit stitched up with no real width on the otherside just inverted striker or kids.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I for one am relieved by this signing.

Club has had great success in forking over money to washed up attacking midfielders. Glad to see we’ll have someone to pick up the torch after Özil and Mkhitaryan are gone.

Secondly, we have a proud and noble history of taking on Chelsea’s problem characters. From the days of Gallas and Diarra to modern times with David Luiz it’s part of the Arsenal DNA and I’m glad that despite several regime changes and lots of big words we’re sticking to our roots and traditions.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I for one am relieved by this signing.

Club has had great success in forking over money to washed up attacking midfielders. Glad to see we’ll have someone to pick up the torch after Özil and Mkhitaryan are gone.

Secondly, we have a proud and noble history of taking on Chelsea’s problem characters. From the days of Gallas and Diarra to modern times with David Luiz it’s part of the Arsenal DNA and I’m glad that despite several regime changes and lots of big words we’re sticking to our roots and traditions.
On behalf of myself, @say yes, @yosuif_arsenal, @Riou and @UpTheGunnerz: welcome to the bum squad. You should be getting your first tag from GDeep any day now.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not sure we have many players better than him therefor all for it.

Third year may be a risk but the guy is in great shape & not a game over reliance on pace. Think he will be a big asset opposite Pepe & who knows if game time to be won at CAM.

Pepe was a bit stitched up with no real width on the otherside just inverted striker or kids.

Correct. Two years would’ve been perfect but if three years is what gets the deal done then so be it. As I said in the other thread, he’s 9th overall in the league for chances created (51 chances in 1900 minutes). He can play anywhere behind the striker and will add creativity to the team. Teams will have **** all to spend so resources need to be allocated on the right areas. All our money needs to go on a midfielder so a signing like this isn’t a bad thing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Also it’s a great human story as well, really heartwarming stuff that Willian’s going to boost his retirement fund by another 20-30M.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Correct. Two years would’ve been perfect but if three years is what gets the deal done then so be it. As I said in the other thread, he’s 9th overall in the league for chances created (51 chances in 1900 minutes). He can play anywhere behind the striker and will add creativity to the team. Teams will have **** all to spend so resources need to be allocated on the right areas. All our money needs to go on a midfielder so a signing like this isn’t a bad thing.

Yup bringing him in on a free makes sense to me too.

Signing him on a free sorts depth in attack and saves any and all funds to fix the real problem areas in CM and CB.

His wages are what the club currently forks out to it’s 3rd choice LB and given his age he won’t “kill” any of the young attackers on the books (Saka and Martinelli) as they will be ready to take over full time in a year or two.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He'd be the best RW, AM and LW that we have. he can play beach volley ball with his pal Luiz and I think he'd be motivated with a world cup in 2 years. Saka, Martinelli would only be 21 in 3 years time. Willian aids them rather than stifle them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He actually kind of has a good life story. He was discovered in a small amauter championship IIRC.

What’s he like as a guy? My view of him was coloured after the stuff between him and Conte.

Although that’s one tiny part of his career. Feel like he was one of the first players to find success after going to Ukraine from Brazil.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
What’s he like as a guy? My view of him was coloured after the stuff between him and Conte.

Although that’s one tiny part of his career. Feel like he was one of the first players to find success after going to Ukraine from Brazil.

He seems like an all around normal guy, IIRC. Has a very meek sort of voice which gives me that vibe.

I think him and Ramires are underrated as far as Brazillians transitioning to the EPL, him moreso because Ukraine is just so different.

Surely opened some doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom