• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Does Wenger deserve a statue at the Emirates?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Martin Keown has said that a statue needs to be erected to honour Wenger.

Is Keown right? Or has Wenger's latter years ruined his legacy?

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
His latter years werent great BUT I still think he deserves a statue, its not always just about on the pitch plus he was at the club for a long time.

He's a club legend and cant imagine anyone can argue otherwise.

P.S - its also just a statue, its not like it really would negatively effect the club in any way apart from building costs so cant see how anyone would be against it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Obviously. I’d probably name a stand after him if we had any (yes they name them but it’s ****ing pointless in a bowl stadium).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'm more along the lines of the stadium being named after him, not sure how it'd work with Fly Emirates but I'm sure we'd work something out.

He can have a statue as well tho.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Following on from what I said I would however be against naming the stadium after him, personally I just find that kind of gesture well over the top and not necessary.

But saying that I would prefer it if it gets away from 'Emirates', I understand the financial side of it but stadiums such as Anfield, Old Trafford etc have such a connection too them and I just find Emirates, Etihad, Sports Direct Arena too just be hollow with no full fan connection.

If you want too be a BIG club with strong history I think you need to stay away from selling the naming rights of your ground.

Moah

Yes, he deserves a statue but that's the least we can give him for his service. He is the reason we have Emirates so it must be named after him.

I'm sure there's a timeframe for which the sponsor reserves the name of stadium so when that time ends it may be possible to change it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All I want is for the stadium to be called Ashburton Grove. It's dope.

Plus, our rivals can mockingly call it Cashburden Grave again.

It's called that in Championship Manager 03/04, I usually refer to it as The Grove when talking about the Emirates to my family and friends...initially this confused the hell out of them, as they didn't know what the hell I was talking about :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Lol course he deserves a statue. Even though second half was unfortunate, yeah absolutely. I was a firm outer but that doesn’t mean the respect or his legacy is done.

Arsène Arena has a nice ring to it definitely.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I think for starters, we could name a stand after him.

Do united have a statue of SAF in Old Trafford?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Of course he does, probably a stand in the stadium aswell, he is an honour to this club & always will be a club legend. I hope 1-2 years when he's past his best doesn't make supporters say stuff like he's the worst manager we've had. Supporters have to look past that and look at what he brought to this club in his prime, the way we played football aswell back in the days.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I do believe we should give him a statue, but I don't think the club will do it on their own. They have no connection to the club. I think the AST should pressure Stan into it IMO

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Definitely deserves a statue. I was WengerOut during his last years here. But still I feel that his achievements here are unparalleled.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I do believe we should give him a statue, but I don't think the club will do it on their own. They have no connection to the club. I think the AST should pressure Stan into it IMO

Don’t be ridiculous. Tony Adams got a statue under their ownership and he never kicked a ball for us while they were owners. They’re probably waiting for the right time to give Wenger his.

Top Bottom