• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Does Wenger deserve a statue at the Emirates?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Ofc he deserves one. Legendary man and a very decent manager. Has meant a lot to the club so i sanction a statue!

GDeep™

League is very weak
How about the FA Cup celebration pose?
Yeah. There’s quite a few, he done hands in pockets a lot, when he joined he held the scarf over his head with a big smile, when he won the double in ‘98 he held both trophies in each hand etc. All iconic I think.

I like the ‘98 celebrations pose.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Who doesn’t know it’s not a trophy? It’s a CL place and that’s considered a relatively decent season in this modern era. Beyond Wenger and Arsenal, top 4 is a thing now.

He kept his job for long because those (top 4) were the demands put by the owners, under Kroenke none of our managers have been backed to compete for titles.
He made some terrible decision in his last two years. That's why we fell off. Like a poster said in the last page, his biggest qualities which was his undying love and loyalty was also his undoing. Some of the bum staff and bum players he was loyal to were underseving of that loyalty. Ivan didn't help though.

I wouldn't say it necessarily his fault because at time wage and transfer fee spiralled out of control, there was little he could do. But there was some top class players he could have picked up on the cheap but he neglected to.

There are some players he could have cut ties to sooner, but didn't.

In the end, he rightly paid for it. But that doesn't distract from the fact that he deserves a statue not because he's an Arsenal legend but because he's a premier league legend.

The fact that even during our early Emirates years when our activities in the transfer market was highly restricted, we played some of the best football that even Pep's Barca wouldn't ever dream of playing.

At times it felt like we were watching the Harlem Globetrotters :lol:

At the end of the day, the brutal truth is that he stayed too long and became too attached to some of our players personally.

What a man.

Loyal to the very end. Those same players that hid behind him, as long as we still have some of those players here, we're going to remain in our present State.

We Saw how Emery called some of them out on their performance publically and that didn't go too well those lazy bastards.

Last edited:

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
He done hands crossed a lot.

That’s not iconic. The bar is set pretty high as is. Henry’s is the slide vs Sp**s. Adams’ is the “that sums it all up” goal. While Bergkamp’s highlights his ridiculous ability/skill....Arsène can’t just be immortalized crossing his arms.

I feel this would likely get the nod as it’s his peak at the club.

article-1281966861062-0ad03c6a000005dc-74098_466x560.jpg

With that said while it’s not his biggest achievement, my vote would be a statue of his celebration at FT of the trophy drought breaking FA Cup win. Love the emotion. Also displays the relief of winning something again after all the sacrifices of the move which would make it fitting to go outside the stadium.
237022.jpg

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Top 4 is not a trophy, stop with all this top 4 ****. Wenger and the board have got numpties like you brainwashed into accepting this and that's how he kept his job for so long.
Top four is very important these days because of the financial windfall that result From it.

You get big transfer budget and also become more attractive to top players

UpTheGunnerz

Unfortunately at the end of the day, his reputation as a manager became tarnished for me atleast because of the refusal to leave in a timely manner and to realize that it was time to go.
In the grand scheme of things however, his legacy is still amazing ofc. And i adore the man he always has been.
Grande Arsène!

Moah

Even in his last two years the football wasn't bad, the team was just gutless and too comfortable.

If he had an assistant from one of the invincibles that put the team's mind at the right place, he was the best for the spot.

UpTheGunnerz

Swedish is like if retarde d Norse and Danish had a baby.

I'd say swedish atleast is more aesthetically pleasing than danish, but norweigan is probably the best of the bunch in Scandinavia. Including all the nordic countries icelandic is by far the best language though, both in voice and text.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His statue should be of him and Mourinho, when he wanted to fight and Jose backed away...

No matter what else happens in life, everyone knows Arsène would have knocked that little **** right on his arse!

Last edited:

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wenger is one of the biggest legends of not only our club, but the entire sport. Easy yes.

say yes

forum master baiter
I’d quite like a statute of Wenger struggling to do up his zip, preferably styled as a (golden) premier league trophy, with the names and dates of the 49 clubs we played during our unbeaten run engraved on the zip coils.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom