• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Funny how we got rid of Cazorla, Ramsey, and soon Torreira, but Xhaka and Özil somehow survive the cut every time.
No wonder we are a mid table club
Love how we keep poverty and sell or let players you list go on a free. ****ing unbelievable...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
His agent talks a lot.. Clearly hasn't settled in well though, if we get a good offer we should take it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This clown & his camp are thoroughly unprofessional when away from the club.
Even though I do like Torreira, I'm gonna have to agree there. His agent can't shut the **** up so we need to just sell him and move on, hes clearly unsettled.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting situation, will any club in Italy give us our money back, about 25M? I don’t see it atm. We can’t take a loss on a talented 24 year old, Uruguay international.

Looking further, even if he stays, and has a very good season, I suspect he won’t extend anyway and still look to move on.

Wonder if some sort of swap with Atletico is possible with Partey.

say yes

forum master baiter
None of our managers fancy him though. Your boy Emery didn’t and my boy Arteta doesn’t.
Not sure about Arteta. Seemed to love Torreira at first. Think he only dropped out of the team after that due to injuries / illness.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
In England, atm Lucas can only play at the base of 3 man midfield.
Both Unai, and I believe Arteta also, wanted to use him as a two way player, since in both cases we are not playing with a lone DMC.

In few years, Lucas could become great at it, but at the moment I think PL is too much for him to be playing that role.

Makes perfect sense to send him back where he wants to go, Italy, since his game is perfectly suited for Seria A.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In England, atm Lucas can only play at the base of 3 man midfield.
Both Unai, and I believe Arteta also, wanted to use him as a two way player, since in both cases we are not playing with a lone DMC.

In few years, Lucas could become great at it, but at the moment I think PL is too much for him to be playing that role.

Makes perfect sense to send him back where he wants to go, Italy, since his game is perfectly suited for Seria A.
I think he had more than enough quality games for us to prove he has everything needed to be one of the best midfielders in PL.
Yes, he was much better in a midfield of 3 than playing a box to box role, but that only tells there is enough quality in him, the problem is how we use it.

If we decide to restructure our midfield and play the game where we press more and win the ball faster, he would be a key player in a system like that. His reading of the game and intercepting passes is top.

If we want to continue with Xhaka and Özil, then sell tomorrow for 5m. He will be useless around them (probably like every other player)

roz

Fake News Merchant
Really like Torreira and agree that he’s our best midfielder.

However really not sure he will ever play 70% of our season from now. His playing style (which I admire) allows for too many kicks & injuries. Throw in the fact there seems to be a copa america every 6 months or something now...

could be best to sell if we can replace properly

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think he had more than enough quality games for us to prove he has everything needed to be one of the best midfielders in PL.
Yes, he was much better in a midfield of 3 than playing a box to box role, but that only tells there is enough quality in him, the problem is how we use it.

If we decide to restructure our midfield and play the game where we press more and win the ball faster, he would be a key player in a system like that. His reading of the game and intercepting passes is top.

If we want to continue with Xhaka and Özil, then sell tomorrow for 5m. He will be useless around them (probably like every other player)

I agree on Lucas. He's a top player to become in my opinion, as DMC and even as more box to box. But, I think for him to be a that good of a box to box in England he would need few years. His body doesnt look ready for it yet at all.
And unfortunately for him, and me personally as I love him, we don't seem to play DMC, and in that case it seams smarter to swap him for a player like Partey who is proper PL made midfielder

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
None of our managers fancy him though. Your boy Emery didn’t and my boy Arteta doesn’t.
It’s odd though because Torreira looked impressive when Arteta first came in but then he got dropped out of nowhere. I think it was more about tactics/shape than anything else.

Xhaka was dropping into the quarter back role and the other CM needed to be technically proficient to maximise creativity, and Torreira isn’t that. Torreira is a sitting player, it must have been Emery’s most weirdest ever decision to start playing him as a box2box/AM toward the end. That guy really lost it in his last few months here.

Ghost

Like him but yeah..sell and replace with Partey.
Sell Laca and replace with a creative Mid if Auba stays.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'm interested by the replace with Partey shouts. The two are completely different players. Torreria's ability to intercept and regain the ball is tight up there with most in Europe. On the ball he's average though and although tenacious, doesn't have much physical presence.

Partey is a completely different type of player.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I'm interested by the replace with Partey shouts. The two are completely different players. Torreria's ability to intercept and regain the ball is tight up there with most in Europe. On the ball he's average though and although tenacious, doesn't have much physical presence.

Partey is a completely different type of player.
Think its more in reference to the lack of money around most clubs. Suspect there will be plenty of player swaps going on.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like Torreira but none of our 1st team midfielders are indispensible to me. If he goes, he goes.

Agreed. Willock is the only one I wouldn't want to lose as he has room to improve and is already good. Torreira is a bit hit and miss for me, sometimes very good but not often enough.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think its more in reference to the lack of money around most clubs. Suspect there will be plenty of player swaps going on.

I could see Simeone liking Torreria, but don't think it's a real likely to happen. Guess we'd be shopping in Serie A.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Torreira wants to leave I've got no issues with that, makes me wonder whether he'll be willing to head to Spain though & we could simply do a player swap Torreira for Partey with Atletico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom