• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This is good news. I believe Ceballos and Torreria have high ceilings and hope we can bring in a top midfielder to play with them.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Awful. Hopefully someone takes Lucas Torreira from us atleast.
Just to be clear, the loan extension is only if the season gets delayed later into the summer. He's still expected to leave when it's finished:

truth_hurts

If he wants Valencia, then let him go. I rate him and sadly we probably aren't as much as a pull as we like to believe. Weird move for Ceballos though, Barca won't ever be interested and he's had his go at Madrid. You'd have thought he'd try his luck abroad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ceballos seems a player who has to be the first name on the team sheet. That kind of "I'm really important here" a big fish in a small pond type player.

At the likes of Valencia, Betis, and other teams he walks into them. He will probably feed of being the main man there and in turn perform quite well.

That be said he will never kick on with that kind of mentality. He hasnt impressed at Real, truth be told he hasnt really impressed here apart from 2 or 3 games. He has been injured and there has been the manager change and while I think he is a decent player is he going to be a player who is going to drag us upward? Not sure.

Ultimately he will probably go back to home comforts in Spain to a top 6-10 team and perform well enough to get into the Spain squad but not to start. If he is happy with that then fair play however in my eyes I would want to be at a better club and tearing it up so that I wasnt just there to make up the numbers.

Saying that Valencia are still in with a chance of champions league football, we are nowhere near that, he has home comforts, language, weather, lifestyle in Valencia. Actually when I think about it it probably is more appealing than us for him.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Was he any good this season, is it worth keeping him? I wasn't really paying attention.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I feel like a few players have had a bad rep here like Torreira or Ceballos who would have actually impressed more if they had been a bit more fortunate. Ceballos had worked himself into the team and then corona hit. I was at that final home game vs West Ham and he was acc very good.

Him and Torreira will leave and will kick on elsewhere, I'm 100% sure of that. Wrong place, wrong time.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I feel like a few players have had a bad rep here like Torreira or Ceballos who would have actually impressed more if they had been a bit more fortunate. Ceballos had worked himself into the team and then corona hit. I was at that final home game vs West Ham and he was acc very good.

Him and Torreira will leave and will kick on elsewhere, I'm 100% sure of that. Wrong place, wrong time.

Both Torreira and Ceballos have been given plenty of chances, so too Guendouzi. Every evidence is that they are not bad talentless players but they are no superstars. They are all flawed heavily in ways which will always limit their potential. If Torreira and Ceballos are to kick on elsewhere it will not be in a big club cause clubs like Valencia are the best level they can hope for.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Both Torreira and Ceballos have been given plenty of chances, so too Guendouzi. Every evidence is that they are not bad talentless players but they are no superstars. They are all flawed heavily in ways which will always limit their potential. If Torreira and Ceballos are to kick on elsewhere it will not be in a big club cause clubs like Valencia are the best level they can hope for.
Yeh I didnt mean they would become world class, but can become very good players in my opinion. They're both only 23-24, they went to the PL too early imo, big step up from the italian and spanish leagues physically.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Ceballos is valued at 30-40M, the club now has to decide whether to pay that or send him back to Real. In no way has he justified us paying that price, considering we probably won’t be able to sign anyone else. Arteta would rather prefer Partey.

Even Torreira, doesn’t matter what we think, he seems to be crying every summer for Italy, he himself probably won’t extend and look to get out of England.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Ceballos is valued at 30-40M, the club now has to decide whether to pay that or send him back to Real. In no way has he justified us paying that price, considering we probably won’t be able to sign anyone else. Arteta would rather prefer Partey.

Even Torreira, doesn’t matter what we think, he seems to be crying every summer for Italy, he himself probably won’t extend and look to get out of England.
Yeh I agree that they both shouldn’t be playing for Arsenal next season for their own reasons. Just saying they’re not bad players like some people on AM would have you believe.

Partey is a step or two above these guys though.

truth_hurts

I'd take Ceballos for 30m, but if it's a choice of Partey or Ceballos, then it would be Partey each and every time.

Ceballos has been far from amazing, but it seems as though he is finally adapting to the league and ge has high ability. If this were football manager, I'd sell AMN and El Nenny to fund Ceballos, Sell Xhaka or Torreria (reluctantly) to fund Partey and bring in Rabiot on loan. Selling Mkhi should open up funds for wages.

Others have stated we should rip the cm area apart and start again. Ceballos is technically gifted cm, who knows the league and is possibly attainable.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Ceballos for 30m, but if it's a choice of Partey or Ceballos, then it would be Partey each and every time.

Ceballos has been far from amazing, but it seems as though he is finally adapting to the league and ge has high ability. If this were football manager, I'd sell AMN and El Nenny to fund Ceballos, Sell Xhaka or Torreria (reluctantly) to fund Partey and bring in Rabiot on loan. Selling Mkhi should open up funds for wages.

Others have stated we should rip the cm area apart and start again. Ceballos is technically gifted cm, who knows the league and is possibly attainable.

Ceballos thinks he's better than he is. He is slow. He will dive into challenges due to his physical insecurities. He takes too long on the ball, he passes the ball, follows his pass till he closes down the space and then gets it back again to repeat while going sideways. He doesn't break lines. I'm sick of this player.

I want a proper midfielder at the club. How can Arsenal not have one good midfielder. The most important area of the pitch. We have nothing. It's ridiculous.

I would keep Mustafi and have him start every game next season if it meant us buying two starting midfielders to play in all of those games.

As much as our defenders are individually **** , they are not helped by a gaping whole in the centre of the pitch, nobody in that area who can aid on set pieces and actually win headers and no players who can receive the ball of the defenders, turn and pass forward.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Ceballos thinks he's better than he is. He is slow. He will dive into challenges due to his physical insecurities. He takes too long on the ball, he passes the ball, follows his pass till he closes down the space and then gets it back again to repeat while going sideways. He doesn't break lines. I'm sick of this player.

I want a proper midfielder at the club. How can Arsenal not have one good midfielder. The most important area of the pitch. We have nothing. It's ridiculous.

I would keep Mustafi and have him start every game next season if it meant us buying two starting midfielders to play in all of those games.

As much as our defenders are individually **** , they are not helped by a gaping whole in the centre of the pitch, nobody in that area who can aid on set pieces and actually win headers and no players who can receive the ball of the defenders, turn and pass forward.
We need three new midfielders, but I'd be happy with two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom