• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bellerin is and has been playing around crap for quite a few seasons now. Watch how much better he looks in a proper set up.

The loss of pace isn't my biggest concern with bellerin it's that he's lost confidence on the ball and often just puts his foot on it now and passes backwards.

He used to be dangerous in the attacking third.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think we could replace Hector in the transfer market, or even with AMN if he shaped up.

However, it would be a gigantic struggle to find a better character for our squad.
Completely agree with this. I don't really want to lose him but at the same time, he is definitely someone we can upgrade on.

That said, I don't see a reason to let him leave right now - unless we can sign a young replacement.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Hyperbole regarding Bellerin’s dip in form is way overdone on this forum.

The guy has been one of the top 3 or 4 right backs in the league over the past 3/4 years, and was arguably behind only Trent just prior to his injury last season.

He has a lot to offer, is a great character and is one of the last players we should be looking to replace.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'm torn.

We need to rebuild our squad drastically, our CB situation is still shambles, our midfield is terrible, the striker situation is quite uncertain, Saka is not tied down.

Bellerin's level is a big question mark for me, but we can buy a cheap understudy who can take over/rotate if he disappoints next season (Bogle!) and then we can still sell him next season.

Can't lose every player in one summer and he's a good character to have in the squad. Need some stability / glue in the squad otherwise a big overhaul will be extremely turbulent, especially in the first season.

That being said, a straight swap between Bellerin and Partey, then selling Xhaka to fund Aarons/Bogle and another midfield signing would be a big upgrade to our squad I think. Difficult.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Keeping Bellerin who is on very good money and now third choice RB behind Chambers and Sokratis (arguably should be 4th but Arteta seems to rate him ahead of AMN for some reason) and we are yet to see if Arteta rates Cedric ahead of him or if Cedric will be made permanent.

Bellerins high wage seems a waste of money that could used elsewhere to strengthen positions.

FC III

Keeping Bellerin who is on very good money and now third choice RB behind Chambers and Sokratis (arguably should be 4th but Arteta seems to rate him ahead of AMN for some reason) and we are yet to see if Arteta rates Cedric ahead of him or if Cedric will be made permanent.

Bellerins high wage seems a waste of money that could used elsewhere to strengthen positions.
Don't think Arteta rates those two over Bellerin but those changes were more for tactical balance. Two very attacking leftbacks (Saka and Kolasinac) means that there has to be balance from the right, meaning Arteta played an extra CB to play with 3. Feel like we could change to 3-4-2-1 which could mean that Bellerin gets sacrificed.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not bothered if we sell Bellerin, too injury prone for my liking, just reminds me of Ramsey where he would get into form then get injured with a slow build back too finding form and then another injury. Its his bad luck with injuries to as they all seem too keep him out for large chunks of a season at a time.

Want a consistently present back four in the future, expected too change every now and then but not at the rate it has been.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Think both RB & LB could be improved by players with lower ceilings but more reliable. Our consensus first choice fullbacks have given us 600 / 300 minutes in the league this season & both missed >3rd of the season before. Maybe they turn it round but if they are here need quality backups.

Its a shame we never got to have a proper look at Cedric Soares.

OSBK

Established Member
If our spending this summer is cdm, cb then keep bellerin for another season and then upgrade.

If the partey deal falls through then maybe we should follow the utd model. Invest everything in summer 1 of a top rb and cb and then the next window a top cam. If we go into next season and conceed 25% less goals but score the same then we have top 4.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The world "upgrade" is now too over-used for my liking. You can't just upgrade everyone in the squad. When Klopp came in the likes Milner, Henderson, Lovren, Wijnadum and origi were considered bums. He didn't totally overhaul the squad. He bought some world class players to supplement the squad.

You can't just sell Bellerin. We'll end up selling for peanuts and end up buying another RB that's not even as good as him

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The world "upgrade" is now too over-used for my liking. You can't just upgrade everyone in the squad. When Klopp came in the likes Milner, Henderson, Lovren, Wijnadum and origi were considered bums. He didn't totally overhaul the squad. He bought some world class players to supplement the squad.

You can't just sell Bellerin. We'll end up selling for peanuts and end up buying another RB that's not even as good as him

The 5 examples for Liverpool are players who are consistently available for selection though, Bellerin is not.

You can upgrade on Bellerin, you can even buy a slightly lesser talented player than Bellerin but if he is reliable and not injured as much I would consider that an 'upgrade'.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The 5 examples for Liverpool are players who are consistently available for selection though, Bellerin is not.

You can upgrade on Bellerin, you can even buy a slightly lesser talented player than Bellerin but if he is reliable and not injured as much I would consider that an 'upgrade'.
RB is not an area of urgent need for us. With limited funds in the summer, we need to prioritize our areas of greatest need. We can't just be upgrading position just for the sake of it.

We need to strengthen our CM and CF (if Auba leaves) before we can even think of RB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom