• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

They’ve tried to extend for Auba, Laca and Saka though, it’s no secret and it’s not like they forgot or left it last minute. Certainly not the case with Auba and Laca.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Mikel work your magic on Saka, give Arsenal fans some good news please!

I can deal with maybe losing our senior players if I know that our next crop of players can bring some good times.

Saka will be central to that, if we lose him it says more than if we lose Auba imo

scytheavatar

Established Member
They’ve tried to extend for Auba, Laca and Saka though, it’s no secret and it’s not like they forgot or left it last minute. Certainly not the case with Auba and Laca.

Ewwww...... I sure hope we do not extend Laca's contract cause he is already vastly overpaid and underperforming, IIRC he is paid 180k per week. Even in his current salary it would be challenging for us to find someone willing to take him from us.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well I don’t really care whether they do or don’t (to me they are not the prob) the fact is, they tried and then put out a statement that people lagging on contracts will get sold. Maybe they will both get sold and whoever you guys want comes.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Mikel work your magic on Saka, give Arsenal fans some good news please!

I can deal with maybe losing our senior players if I know that our next crop of players can bring some good times.

Saka will be central to that, if we lose him it says more than if we lose Auba imo

It might say more and i get the point, but I'd say Auba staying is still more important. I don't know why but I don't get the feeling Auba is in the Rooney category of players who tail off significantly in their early 30's. My gut tells me he's in the Wright category. I think if he's locked down on another contract he could go on scoring goals for us for another 5 years or so. He's the captain and our best player. Really important that we keep him.

Manberg

Predator
I genuinely think Arteta will go on to be one of the best managers/head coaches we’ve ever seen. He will surpass Guardiola.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Haven't made up my mind if I'm going to tear into him or if I am completely disinterested in what an advocate of sexual molesting has to say.
WTF have I missed here?

giphy.gif

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Just a thought

Think Mikel wants double pivotal midfield, with Xhaka and Matteo being 2 out of 4, both dying to have athletic partner in the mid.
That leaves us to getting two, Partey being ideal option on the paper, but we'll probably be in for another one, for less money.
Torreira doesnt seam ready (or willing, Italy roumors) and could be cashed in and replaced, Niles/Elneny money gets us quality, better fit for 3rd choice.

Willock could be seen as AM, replacement on the bench for Özil (if we don't replace him). That duo in the mid would get better out of Mesut if he's staying, and we also have Nelson who can operate there.

I for one like Willian as a player and think he could be a great addition, as a experienced sub for Pepe, who can also play as 10 and do great job there.

Up front we could cash in on Laca to keep Auba and give more chances to Eddie and Gabi, or even get cheaper replacement in someone who could play striker and winger ala Volland.

key here is Mikel probably wanting to sort out his playing position, and most crucial in the starting 11, holding mid.
like him or not, Xhaka is made for that midfield and if paired with Partey it aould he a proper PL base, with Guendouzi and another good Cm/DM who's athletic and a figure

after that, everything is easier and more clear to build on

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Son starting really starting to look like his dad, brings a tear to you eye...

d5f4hf4-ea03800a-83ae-4d5b-9c0b-3790c6270b28.jpg

Last edited:

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor

Trust in the process. In a short amount of time he has changed our capacity to beat the waves of press effectively.

Also interesting that Xhaka/Özil stand out as integral cogs of our ability to progress the ball. People here will lose their **** about it but both will be starting here next season with good reason.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Trust in the process. In a short amount of time he has changed our capacity to beat the waves of press effectively.

Also interesting that Xhaka/Özil stand out as integral cogs of our ability to progress the ball. People here will lose their **** about it but both will be starting here next season with good reason.
Without good reason*

If we're proper, which we aren't anymore, we'd be upgrading on both as a matter of emergency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom