• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
football-is-an-art-like-dancing-is-an-art-but-only-when-its-well-done-does-it-become-an-art-quote-1.jpg

Thread dedicated purely to the aesthetic side of football. So a great player/team with an ugly game doesn't belong here. Stats, work ethic, passion; none of that nonsense either, only thing that matters here is skill level, technical ability and being easy on the eyes. Basically what kids on the streets everywhere look up to.

I'll start it off with:

Probably the most aesthetically pleasing player ever. I spent countless hours growing up trying to emulate his skills :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The three players who I credit to me falling in love with the beautiful game.

All three expressed themselves on the pitch, magical footballers. You'd wonder if they'd suffer in this robotic era. Only really Neymar sticks out as a true entertainer.

Corbulo

When it comes to pure skill Hatem Ben Arfa deserves a place at the table.

It only took one game at the under-17 Euros and you could realise that this kid has an outlandish talent. A lazy man trying to find easier ways to do something. He's the only reason why I followed Lyon's and Marseille's games. I recall certain moments where he was basically unplayable. As filthy as watching your parents having sex.

The ability to run past five or six players like they were desires chased in sleep is one of the rarest skills in football. You can't really teach that. He had that bubble of hot poison in his veins: repeatedly defying the authority of coaches and frequent mood swings. In the end, sociologists may have more to say about the life and times of Hatem Ben Arfa than football buffs.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Came here just to say that. Sensational player:

I dont even know what too say with it, the video just does the talking.

Brazil produced many aesthetically pleasing players, even Denilson of Betis was a nice watch at times (unfortunately not enough though).

R.Carlos, Rivaldo, Kaka, Cafu all played the game beautifully.

Pirlo of old, Eidur Gudjohnssen I always liked, Iniesta is obviously another one, Thiago Alcantara, Sneijder, Messi (if we really need to name him) all fit the bill too.

Riquelme at Villareal, Pavel Nedved, names just keep coming too me now, Raul; what a player!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Another one who just came too mind; Matt Le Tissier, horrible to look at but the way he played football was beautiful!

Lucio was a great defender too watch, Figo twisting players inside out.

One player I really enjoyed albeit only really one season was Diego Milito when Inter won the treble, he was amazing, had some near perfect touches and control for some goals.

Gianfranco Zola that little magician!

This thread is good for reminiscing about players..

Top Bottom