• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football purist thread

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

The three players who I credit to me falling in love with the beautiful game.

All three expressed themselves on the pitch, magical footballers. You'd wonder if they'd suffer in this robotic era. Only really Neymar sticks out as a true entertainer.
Just realized that these 3 are the only players that made me go out and buy the same boots I saw a player wearing on the tv screen.

These Mercurials Henry used to wear but in navy
0_Thierry-Henry-of-Arsenal.jpg

Ronaldinho Tiempos both indoor and outdoor. I think I bought these because of that stupid crossbar commercial that I thought was real :lol:.
ronaldinho-nike.jpeg

And the holy grail, Zizou predators WC 2006
b6b3d676d8baeb1a47da657e1feabd4d.jpg

Never actually bought the last pair but I got the White/Gold ones instead. They were a size too small but I couldn’t care less, my favorite boots of all time. None of them were the expensive leather versions unfortunately. It was impossible to convince my parents to buy them :(

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Remember this guy? One of the most underrated players of all time. Hugely influential in Valencia two La Liga titles and their UEFA Cup win as well as a CL final under Benitez. It's so sad that players of this mold are dying out, but football is cyclical, hopefully these types of players will make a return soon.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Remember this guy? One of the most underrated players of all time. Hugely influential in Valencia two La Liga titles and their UEFA Cup win as well as a CL final under Benitez. It's so sad that players of this mold are dying out, but football is cyclical, hopefully these types of players will make a return soon.

...devastating defeat for us, but I can still appreciate how good he was that game...brilliant player.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldinho Tiempos both indoor and outdoor. I think I bought these because of that stupid crossbar commercial that I thought was real :lol:.
ronaldinho-nike.jpeg

I got the tiempo indoors too because of this commercial(if I remember right):

The tiempos were great, probably my favourite indoor, used them for years. I usually prefer Adidas though, these are my all time favourite boots:

61J1im6BFFL._AC_UY395_.jpg

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I got the tiempo indoors too because of this commercial(if I remember right):

The tiempos were great though, probably my favourite indoor, used them for years. I usually prefer Adidas though, these are my all time favourite boots:

61J1im6BFFL._AC_UY395_.jpg
Those are pure CB boots imo, I couldn’t wear those :lol:. I always felt like you had to wear certain boots for a particular position lmao.

Those Nike commercials (especially the joga bonito ones) really had a massive influence kids my age back in the day. That’s probably the last era that everyone wanted to be/play like a Brazilian i think.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Those are pure CB boots imo, I couldn’t wear those :lol:. I always felt like you had to wear certain boots for a particular position lmao.

lmao I feel you, there's definitely some truth to that :lol:

I got the copa mundials because of Kaka lol. I think I loved them so much because I wore them during my best footballing period

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Aimar was a strange one for me, massive player when at his best for Valencia but seemed too disappear into obscurity.

These players will definitely come back around at some point, South America/Spain etc wont let them be forgotten.

Corbulo

This is a great thread for the lost, forgotten and talented mavericks who were as capable of madness as they were of majesty.

Pablo Aimar is a good shout which brings me to my next pick: I would like to invite Ariel Arnaldo Ortega to the table because I'm eating and drinking with the sinners.

Ortega was a barrel of gunpowder. Violent with flashes of wizardry. He would show up drunk at practice and challenge the children who were playing ball games in the street. You could observe that slight buzz of inspiration during matches. He's always been happy marching to the beat of his own drum.

His exquisite finish against Inter sums him up. It's a goal that cannot be understood unless one first learns to understand the language and knows the characters of Ortega's alphabet: "Yes, I can do that and make it look as natural as a flowing watercourse".

JollyGrimCrow-size_restricted.gif

The beauty and the geometry of such a goal made the great Gianluca Pagliuca contemplate his own mortality. That's not how a regular chip looks like.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is a great thread for the lost, forgotten and talented mavericks who were as capable of madness as they were of majesty.

Pablo Aimar is a good shout which brings me to my next pick: I would like to invite Ariel Arnaldo Ortega to the table because I'm eating and drinking with the sinners.

Ortega was a barrel of gunpowder. Violent with flashes of wizardry. He would show up drunk at practice and challenge the children who were playing ball games in the street. You could observe that slight buzz of inspiration during matches. He's always been happy marching to the beat of his own drum.

His exquisite finish against Inter sums him up. It's a goal that cannot be understood unless one first learns to understand the language and knows the characters of Ortega's alphabet: "Yes, I can do that and make it look as natural as a flowing watercourse".

JollyGrimCrow-size_restricted.gif

The beauty and the geometry of such a goal made the great Gianluca Pagliuca contemplate his own mortality. That's not how a regular chip looks like.

Ortega was definitely an odd one, constantly on the move when in Europe like he couldnt find a place too settle.

Bit of a wasted talent.

Tir Na Nog

What could have been.

Such a shame he went off the rails, such a talented player. Weird how so many Brazilians fail to live up to their potential or decline so quickly. Could throw in the likes of Baptista or even Robinho as highly rated players who never quite turned out to be the world beater many thought they'd be. Maybe Robinho's a bit harsh because he had a somewhat decent career..... well until certain thins happened.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...remember when that absolute scumbag Jamie Redknapp said that crossing merchant De Bruyne was the best passer in Premiership history, ridiculous!

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Greatest midfielder I've ever seen in my life time.

This man won't be popular here but one of the most aesthetically pleasing strikers of all time in his prime.

Last edited:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
What could have been.

Such a shame he went off the rails, such a talented player. Weird how so many Brazilians fail to live up to their potential or decline so quickly. Could throw in the likes of Baptista or even Robinho as highly rated players who never quite turned out to be the world beater many thought they'd be. Maybe Robinho's a bit harsh because he had a somewhat decent career..... well until certain thins happened.

Somewhat more understandable reasons for his absolute decline though, however the fall was massive, its like he just fell off the face of the earth.

Does Gary McAllister fit the mould for this thread, he seemed a somewhat majestic animal, same with Danny Murphy, they are like completely crapper versions of Iniesta..?

Tir Na Nog

Obviously opinions will differ but as far as I'm concerned this is as close the world has seen to a perfect football team and perfect football, of course not quite perfect, such a thing will never be reached but when we're talking about the level of football being played by the quality of footballers this is just out of this world. Moving the ball at the tempo, the awareness, the positioning, the intelligence and of course the technical quality on display.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom