• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I can't imagine Barca would accept another Bayern-like deal. In loan fees they would've only recouped €20 of the €120 million and would run the risk of not selling him at the end of loan at which point his stock would be incredibly low.

They also seem desperate for cash so I would imagine they would prefer a €50-60m fee guaranteed and be done with it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I can't imagine Barca would accept another Bayern-like deal. In loan fees they would've only recouped €20 of the €120 million and would run the risk of not selling him at the end of loan at which point his stock would be incredibly low.

They also seem desperate for cash so I would imagine they would prefer a €50-60m fee guaranteed and be done with it.

I seriously doubt anybody is paying that for him this summer. Barca make €160m per season from gate receipts and they more than likely won’t see a penny of that for the next year. A loan deal and getting his wages of the books for the year is better than nothing.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
—Partey—-CM
——Coutinho
Pepe——-Martinelli/Saka
———PEA

Looks to me like a very good PL front 6. We’d add creativity, someone who wouldn’t take time to adapt to the PL, as well as goals from midfield. If we can bend Barca over and get a good deal then it seems like a no brainer.

Impact

Established Member
I'll take Coutinho on a loan deal for sure but there is absolutely no value in signing him. Astronomical fee and wages for a player near the end of his career.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka—Partey—-CM
——Torreira
Pepe——-Coutinho
———PEA

Looks to me like a very good PL front 6. We’d add creativity, someone who wouldn’t take time to adapt to the PL, as well as goals from midfield. If we can bend Barca over and get a good deal then it seems like a no brainer.

-------Xhaka
Torreira—Partey
Pepe——-Coutinho
———PEA

Quite like that me.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I can't get my head round any Arsenal fan saying no to Coutinho. The man has put up numbers for Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern in the last 4 seasons.

Some of you guys deserve a finished Özil and Guendouzi as creative sparks, but our club deserves better.

If we can make this happen on any basis, it vastly improves the quality of our team and therefore our chances of moving up the table next season.

I'm ready to start taking some risks whether that means trusting youngsters, buying talented but unproven players or even buying out of form stars like Coutinho, Lemar or Dembele. The risk I'm not willing to take is entering next season with this band of rejects and a novice manager.

Coutinho is one of Brazil's best players, yet people genuinely don't want him here. It's bewildering.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I know it’s where we’re at, looks ****.

Better than some of the midfield/attack Wenger put out during the Emirates era. You’re not telling me **** like Arteta/Ramsey/Cazorla/Walcott/Podolski/Giroud is better than that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I know it’s where we’re at, looks ****.

-------------Guendouzi-------Xhaka-------------
---Nelson-----------Willock----------------Saka----
-------------------Lacazette-----------------------

probably gives you a semi. No over 30s and loads of money in the bank after we sell our two best players in Auba and Pepe.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

------Partey - Xhaka
-------Coutinho
----Pepe Auba Saka

Decent as well, Coutinho and Partey would give us plenty of options.

Shame it's Willian and Kurzawa.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I can't get my head round any Arsenal fan saying no to Coutinho. The man has put up numbers for Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern in the last 4 seasons.

Some of you guys deserve a finished Özil and Guendouzi as creative sparks, but our club deserves better.

If we can make this happen on any basis, it vastly improves the quality of our team and therefore our chances of moving up the table next season.

I'm ready to start taking some risks whether that means trusting youngsters, buying talented but unproven players or even buying out of form stars like Coutinho, Lemar or Dembele. The risk I'm not willing to take is entering next season with this band of rejects and a novice manager.

Coutinho is one of Brazil's best players, yet people genuinely don't want him here. It's bewildering.

I dont think people are saying no to Coutinhos talent. It's a combination of price/age/wages. That's where the problem lies.

If we can get him on loan for a year on relatively high wages I would be all over it.

However if it is a signing likely to cost us similar to what Pepe did then no. Why? Firstly it's a lot of money for us. And if we do manage to sign Thomas Partey I reckon that will be most of the budget gone.

Secondly do we want to go down the route of paying top dollar and wages for a 28 year old. By no means it's old but your talking getting 2 top years out if him then starting to decline. There would be little to no re sale value.

If Auba was 100% set to leave maybe a deal with Barcelona could be done. We would likely have to pay something on top but could be an idea.

I think at the minute though RB and CM are the main concerns for me. If we could get Aarons and Thomas for the price of selling Mustafi, Sokratis, Miki, and possibly Torreria that would be decent.

After that we need to address the Auba situation but I reckon he will go.

Thomas Xhaka
Pepe Coutinho Saka/Martinelli
Laca

Not a lover of Xhaka but Arteta is so he will be staying. Would prefer Auba than Laca but cant see Auba staying. Wouldnt be a bad front 4 and midfield.

Shalmaneser V

------Partey - Xhaka
-------Coutinho
----Pepe Auba Saka

Decent as well, Coutinho and Partey would give us plenty of options.

Shame it's Willian and Kurzawa.

Take Xhaka out and put someone like Julian Brandt there instead and all of a sudden it doesn’t look half as unacceptable.

Actually a Partey - Brandt midfield duo would be pretty exciting.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Take Xhaka out and put someone like Julian Brandt there instead and all of a sudden it doesn’t look half as unacceptable.

Actually a Partey - Brandt midfield duo would be pretty exciting.

I'm under the assumption we'd only make one midfield signing really.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

The midfield needs a complete revamp. It’s where most of our problems lie.

Xhaka, Torreira and Mesut really need to be moved on.
I don't really know much about football tbh but I just know both Xhaka and Partey would start. Choose who you like as the 3rd, all as bad as each other.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Laca and Özil getting shifted/benched for Partey and Coutinho (as long as it's on loan) doesn't look the worst buisness for a turbulent window.

Partey Xhaka

Pepe Coutinho Saka

Auba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom