• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
This would be a really clever pickup. Top talent.
I don't know much about him but if he's from PSG's academy you can bet he's going to be a serious player in the future. If it's a free transfer then it's a no brainer but my question is, what do you do with ESR and Willock? Assuming we stick with the no.10 role that's 4 players fighting for that position, or maybe we switch to a 4-3-3?

I don't know much about him but if he's from PSG's academy you can bet he's going to be a serious player in the future. If it's a free transfer then it's a no brainer but my question is, what do you do with ESR and Willock? Assuming we stick with the no.10 role that's 4 players fighting for that position, or maybe we switch to a 4-3-3?

Willock has show that he is better deeper in the midfield anyway.

Smith-Rowe can battle for that AMC spot but he can play on both wings also!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Linked with Real too. You always sign young players if you think they’re great, doesn’t matter who you have.

Nelson for example has shown nothing, and he’s not even that young.
Who are you talking about because 2 players have been linked. The PSG guy is U18. Im against signing the English winger as we have 3 players in that profile.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who are you talking about because 2 players have been linked. The PSG guy is U18. Im against signing the English winger as we have 3 players in that profile.
Matonda, the 21 year old in Germany. He’s highly rated and performing in a good league. Sign him up.

Linked with Real too. You always sign young players if you think they’re great, doesn’t matter who you have.

Nelson for example has shown nothing, and he’s not even that young.

Of course, the usual suspects don't want to sign proper talent with pace. First, he is not slow like the players they champion us to sign. Secondly, he is not horsshit like the rest of the signings we have been making in the last three years or so.

Next!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Have you watched him?
Yeah, he was playing in the U17 Euros, actually faced England. Really clever, really technical - gave Azeez a torrid time and he's one of our very best talents. Like him a lot so this would be a great pickup. We're shorn of #10s on the verge of a breakout - this guy looks like an early bloomer from what I've seen. (EDIT: I haven't forgotten ESR don't worry - he could end up being an #8 though)

RE Matondo - he's good (he's super fast, like Walcott fast) but I wouldn't bother breaking the bank for him, if only because he doesn't look much better than the young wingers we already have (he's closest to Saka in profile and we already have Saka). People need to stop sleeping on our own. If it's a position of need in terms of profile then of course, but I don't think Matondo is better than what we have.

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, he was playing in the U17 Euros, actually faced England. Really clever, really technical - gave Azeez a torrid time and he's one of our very best talents. Like him a lot so this would be a great pickup. We're shorn of #10s on the verge of a breakout - this guy looks like an early bloomer from what I've seen. (EDIT: I haven't forgotten ESR don't worry - he could end up being an #8 though)

RE Matondo - he's good (he's super fast, like Walcott fast) but I wouldn't bother breaking the bank for him, if only because he doesn't look much better than the young wingers we already have (he's closest to Saka in profile and we already have Saka). People need to stop sleeping on our own. If it's a position of need in terms of profile then of course, but I don't think Matondo is better than what we have.
No need to stack up on talented players for the sake of it and we should give our young guns a real opportunity. At the same time, if Mikel knows him, and as he’s seen Nelson et al close you’d have to back him if he rates Matondo enough to get him, even if it means sacrificing game time (or worse) for others.

Most likely just lazy reporting though

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
No need to stack up on talented players for the sake of it and we should give our young guns a real opportunity. At the same time, if Mikel knows him, and as he’s seen Nelson et al close you’d have to back him if he rates Matondo enough to get him, even if it means sacrificing game time (or worse) for others.

Most likely just lazy reporting though
It's definitely lazy reporting, I doubt there's anything substantial here. Even Aouchiche is a long-shot given how similar he is to ESR in the first place. We've been linked to so many players that guessing which one has any substance is a gamble in and of itself!

I would say that Nelson is better than Matondo personally.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Imagine turning your nose at top talents but fighting tooth and nail for bums in our squad to stay.

:facepalm:

I can’t relate.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Personally I wouldn't be releasing David Luiz this summer, he can be very important in possession for us and also as an experienced figure off the pitch. Just saw a video there about how he could be used with Mari and Saliba on either side in a 3-4-3, a bit like he was under Conte at Chelsea. Also Saka could be phenomenal as a LWB.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
well Ornstein didnt mention his name in the tweet that was circulating earlier in the week.
This could just be media talk

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Personally I wouldn't be releasing David Luiz this summer, he can be very important in possession for us and also as an experienced figure off the pitch. Just saw a video there about how he could be used with Mari and Saliba on either side in a 3-4-3, a bit like he was under Conte at Chelsea. Also Saka could be phenomenal as a LWB.

I like the idea of using an libero but hes far too big of a liabillity defensively for me(I dont think we have ever had a CB so poor at defending set pieces as him) and hes hardly Sammer and Bonnuci level.

Goonger

I like the idea of using an libero but hes far too big of a liabillity defensively for me(I dont think we have ever had a CB so poor at defending set pieces as him) and hes hardly Sammer and Bonnuci level.

Don't listen to the ****s like Tony Cascarino, this guy is a Premier League, Champions League & Europa League winner, won leagues in Portugal, France & England, & has been player of the year in Portugal, & been named in teams of the year in France & England. What has Cascarino won in comparison?

The trick with guys like Luiz & Xhaka is to be set up proper tactically & with the right partners, to help hide their deficiencies & allow them to concentrate on what they are good at. Instead we plopped both in & done the complete opposite & expected different results. It's no coincidence that both guys form started to improve under Arteta as soon as we had some level of structure to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom