• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz (Out)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
@GDeep™ You do know that there's a middle ground. No one is saying Luiz is top class. But he's clearly better than anything we have currently. He always has a mistake in him but so does our other **** CBs. But he offers more than the others. He's better than Mustafi and Sokratis by far.
Plus, holding and Chambers are midtable quality at best.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
@GDeep™ You do know that there's a middle ground. No one is saying Luiz is top class. But he's clearly better than anything we have currently. He always has a mistake in him but so does our other **** CBs. But he offers more than the others. He's better than Luiz and Sokratis by far.
Plus, holding and Chambers are midtable quality at best.

He’s been poor all season. I don’t know what you want me to say?

Obviously the manager has other ideas, he sees Luiz everyday.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Luiz has no chance of catching corona...he was keeping over several metres away from the opposition with the ball even before lockdown.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Talking about defenders how much does anyone on here know about Medley and more interesting Ballard? Both at an age where over the next year or two they should breakthrough into the first team (if good enough). Obviously defenders develop that little bit later but any word of them doing well?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Thiago Silva made Luiz look better than he was. Soon as Silva got banned Germany humiliated him and Marcelo and he was left a crying mess.
He's won more trophies than the whole of our players combined. He's the only CL winner in our squad.

He has played for top clubs.

He was a starter for all those top clubs and he was a starter in a star-studded Brazilian side.

The only leader in our backline

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
He's won more trophies than the whole of our players combined. He's the only CL winner in our squad.

He has played for top clubs.

He was a starter for all those top clubs and he was a starter in a star-studded Brazilian side.

The only leader in our backline

John 'shea , Evans and Wes Brown also won a lot of trophies.

Luiz has been publically criticised by the media and fans throughout his career for his defensive mistakes for Brazil, Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Luiz has been publically criticised by the media and fans throughout his career for his defensive mistakes for Brazil, Chelsea, PSG and Arsenal.
Most of those players were not guaranteed starters at their clubs. They were squaddies at best.

Luiz won trophies as starter for all the top teams he played for as a starter

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

And when it boils down to summarize those actually mistakes by David Luiz....it is not so impressive compared to the myth of him being unreliable.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@GDeep™

How highly would you have rated Kos and Per at their best?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We have to keep Luiz purely because he's our best CB. If I thought we were bringing in two top CB's then I'd be in favour of letting him go but the reality is we're not even bringing in one CB so based on that we absolutely have to keep him.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We have to keep Luiz purely because he's our best CB. If I thought we were bringing in two top CB's then I'd be in favour of letting him go but the reality is we're not even bringing in one CB so based on that we absolutely have to keep him.
But sadly I think financial aspect would take precedence over the football aspect. They might not renew him because of the current financial climate.
I hope they do. Don't want to watch another season of sok-Mustafi partnership. It's draining tbh.

Luiz makes mistakes, but he's far more integral to our play than Sokratis and mustafi. I've lost count of the number of times he's split our opponents open with precise through balls

GDeep™

League is very weak
But sadly I think financial aspect would take precedence over the football aspect. They might not renew him because of the current financial climate.
I hope they do. Don't want to watch another season of sok-Mustafi partnership. It's draining tbh.

Luiz makes mistakes, but he's far more integral to our play than Sokratis and mustafi. I've lost count of the number of times he's split our opponents open with precise through balls
It won’t be Sok/Mustafi as Arteta doesn’t even rate Sokratis. It’ll be Saliba/Mari. Arteta wants a left footer.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

It won’t be Sok/Mustafi as Arteta doesn’t even rate Sokratis. It’ll be Saliba/Mari. Arteta wants a left footer.
You think Saliba will be a starter next season?

I agree re Mari. But if Mustafi and Sokratis remains next season, at some point we're going to see them together starting games.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom