• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,831

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Passing is undisputedly his biggest strength, his short passing game is varied and strong. If there's a weak point in his game, it's that he can be pressured by very physical opponents. A very talented midfielder called Louie Sibley absolutely battered him when we faced Derby's academy last year. Physically dominated him. He's worked very hard to strengthen that area of his game and is less prone to giving up possession under physical pressure. That said, he tends to move the ball pretty quickly and usually is very good about creating enough space to receive and distribute.

Can't easily get rid of a player with that level of technical and athletic quality. He's versatile, quick and extremely comfortable technically. If anything, this could be an Iwobi-like rise of sorts given the unexpected nature of his promotion to first team duties.

Easy to forget that Coyle was once one of the most heralded scholars in the country and regularly played for England's youth teams at his age group. He even became well known for scoring a goal against Barcelona U15s from the kick-off. As I was editing Matt Smith's compilation, Coyle's performances actually peaked my curiosity because he looked a lot better than I remember him looking at the time - especially in the game vs Man City U23s where he looks very sharp, the sharpest for a while.

I think Iwobi is a pretty good benchmark for Coyle - there are definitely similarities. I think Iwobi's body strength is stronger but Coyle is quicker and better at shooting.
I see, I’m looking forward to them. I am desperate for another line breaker and dribbler in the team.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Very strange story this. He`s from my hometown Tromso far north in Norway and I`ve actually played against him a few times in the lower leagues and know him a little bit. He was on the books at Tromsø IL which is usually in the top division in Norway but left for Tromsdalen, currently at the third tier. He got only one game for their first team and mostly played for their second team in the fifth tier, which is an awful level. I play there myself at 36 without any problems. Left for Fram Larvik in the third tier and got some games there. Very quick, unpredictable and dangerous one against one but to end up at Arsenal at 19 with one game in the second tier in Norwegian football to show for is quite bizarre. Obviously though he must have impressed enough for the club to feel its worth a punt.

Had you been 19, we'd sign you!

balthazar

Probably just a business move. Buy him for cheaps, develop his talents, sell him for profit to the championship. If he surprises and is good enough for the first team, well, great.

dbig

Very strange story this. He`s from my hometown Tromso far north in Norway and I`ve actually played against him a few times in the lower leagues and know him a little bit. He was on the books at Tromsø IL which is usually in the top division in Norway but left for Tromsdalen, currently at the third tier. He got only one game for their first team and mostly played for their second team in the fifth tier, which is an awful level. I play there myself at 36 without any problems. Left for Fram Larvik in the third tier and got some games there. Very quick, unpredictable and dangerous one against one but to end up at Arsenal at 19 with one game in the second tier in Norwegian football to show for is quite bizarre. Obviously though he must have impressed enough for the club to feel its worth a punt.
You're probably born two decades early. Might have had a chance to play for us otherwise.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
It's not like this guy is some sort of youngster, he'll be 20 next month, he wasn't even good enough for bloody Ipswich, he was playing in the Norwegian third division of football where hes not even getting game time,

he must have some sort of connection to the club to have gotten a trial. I swear these signings are such a waste of resources, But I forget he have become a retirement home/charity of late, welcome aboard lad enjoy your free access to the training facilities and spa room.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Probably just a business move. Buy him for cheaps, develop his talents, sell him for profit to the championship. If he surprises and is good enough for the first team, well, great.
He’ll be released within two years. Some linking this to the Rwanda sponsorship as that’s his background.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Mavropanos and Osei Tutu both starting when Nuremburg and Bochum meet in half an hour. Would have liked to watch the game but not showing here in Norway.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

If he's struggling to get game time in the norwegian 3rd division at 19/20, a championship move is very optimistic.. Realistically he won't reach that level.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
But I forget he have become a retirement home/charity of late, welcome aboard lad enjoy your free access to the training facilities and spa room.
Exactly that, and I'm sure we could've found some local London boys who would've enjoyed that as well

Afro Mugo

Update on next year's u18s. I think that'll probably be Arsenal's biggest ever scholar intake. I think 13 were offered scholarships . Only 3 have been released from the u16s. I might be wrong but that's the whispers I've heard. Remy Mitchell GK,
Pedro Virginia GK Zach Awe CB Taylor Foran CB, Zane Monlouis CB, Brooke Norton Cuffy RB, James Sweet CM, Mauro Bandeira CM, Charlie Patino CM, Omari Hutchinson CAM/W, Khayon Edwards CF , Billy Vigar CF,
*Luigi Gaspar CM
*Henry Jeffcott LB

Last edited:

Afro Mugo

I'm not sure of Charles Sagoe Jr. And Jack Henry-Francis as to whether they are a year below. The latter particularly is a really interesting midfielder in the arsenal setup . You notice his tackles before his technical attributes. Harry Jones and Raphael Gowan are the two who I haven't heard anything about and of course Malcolm Ebiowei .

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom