• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's quite sad that people are trying to convince themselves that Xhaka is very important to us and is one our best player. Xhaka is one of the reasons our midfield is dogshit. The midfield was made in his image. Until that yolk is broken our midfield will remain midtable.

You hear excuse like 'he helps us progress play." That's bullshit. He only does that when he has hectares of space to operate.
Very slow at turning when receiving the ball. His turn is slower than a 16-wheeler.

He always makes a mistake when pressed

He slows down our game. I've seen 80 year olds who have been faster taking a walk in park.

It's telling that most arsenal fans would rather have a semi-retired Cazorla than a supposed prime Xhaka.

We spent 40 million just to make our midfield worse :facepalm:

Last edited:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

The likes of Torreira and Guendouzi have had periods of sustained form. Whereas with Xhaka you don't get that.

He either plays extremely bad or average.

Rarely spectacular, if ever.

Pop Tart

Established Member
The likes of Torreira and Guendouzi have had periods of sustained form. Whereas with Xhaka you don't get that.

He either plays extremely bad or average.

Rarely spectacular, if ever.
Guendouzi for me has moments in games rather then a particular game. He still has errors that needs coaching out his game but the potential is there.

Lucas on the other hand has really struggled and we have struggled because of it. Other the ths Sp**s game which most of the team looked good that day and the overhead kick he done, gets bullied easily and is emotionally weak.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
To me he was a top player the first half of the season under Emery, the type of player that showed his potential. He has struggled for form since then, and if people are giving up on him i wont argue against it since i can see where it comes from. However, on his day, he is one of the best players in the squad and i am personally confident that Arteta can tap into that, to make him perform on the regular basis. Lets not forget he has been hindered by non-stop playing schedule the last couple of years and some injuries.
I urge you all to watch the next Uruguay game or some recent on youtube to see just how good he can be.

That being said, there is a possibility that he is the wrong fit tactically for Arteta and the way he wants to ball. Fair enough then, sell for a decent fee. But i would be a bit sad.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Xhaka outperforms Torreira almost every game. Every manager prefers Xhaka to Torreira.

Not that Xhaka himself is great but he is a better footballer than Torreira in so many aspects.

Torreira is bang average, limited passer, average technique, small and weak for his role, all rolled with a loser mentality. You can find players like him in the championship whenever you want, except they’ll likely be more physically imposing.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka outperforms Torreira almost every game. Every manager prefers Xhaka to Torreira.

Not that Xhaka himself is great but he is a better footballer than Torreira in so many aspects.

Torreira is bang average, limited passer, average technique, small and weak for his role, all rolled with a loser mentality. You can find players like him in the championship whenever you want, except they’ll likely be more physically imposing.

This is so pathetic and I've never understood why Torreira gets labelled with it. Everything else you said, fairs, but just because he cried doesn't mean he has loser mentality ffs.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
This is so pathetic and I've never understood why Torreira gets labelled with it. Everything else you said, fairs, but just because he cried doesn't mean he has loser mentality ffs.
It’s not just that, it’s the fact that he gave up so easily, wanting to leave after one year that bugs me the most. Believe it or not, I had big hopes for the guy but he has been a massive disappointment when he can’t even outperform Xhaka.

35mil down the drain. I just hope his reputation still holds in Italy and we can salvage some of that but they are not known for being big spenders. Loan is the best we can hope for.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Of course a winner is someone who hacks down opponents shouts at teammates and blamed teammates.
Then tells the fans "**** off"

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s not just that, it’s the fact that he gave up so easily, wanting to leave after one year that bugs me the most. Believe it or not, I had big hopes for the guy but he has been a massive disappointment when he can’t even outperform Xhaka.

35mil down the drain. I just hope his reputation still holds in Italy and we can salvage some of that but they are not known for being big spenders. Loan is the best we can hope for.

Xhaka was £35 million down the drain, Lucas cost £25 million.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi for me has moments in games rather then a particular game. He still has errors that needs coaching out his game but the potential is there.

Lucas on the other hand has really struggled and we have struggled because of it. Other the ths Sp**s game which most of the team looked good that day and the overhead kick he done, gets bullied easily and is emotionally weak.
He was one of our best player in the first half of last season.

His performances tailed off in the second half of the season. But the quality is there.

His form for us at the first half of last season is better than anything Xhaka ever showed for us

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

It's been suggested he wants to leave by his agent. Means nothing in todays world.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Xhaka was £35 million down the drain, Lucas cost £25 million.
We won a FA Cup with Xhaka starting in a final against Chelsea and providing a brilliant performance. Is that good enough? No but it’s more than what loser Torreira has offered to Arsenal after giving him cult like status.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I'd say Xhaka is the 35m down the drain.

His arrival fast tracked our decline and we Dropped out the CL.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

We won a FA Cup with Xhaka.

What did we win with Torreira?

Mustafi has a world cup medal, Messi doesn't. Doesn't mean anything, but I agree atm Xhaka is probably more useful to us.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We won a FA Cup with Xhaka starting in a final against Chelsea and providing a brilliant performance. Is that good enough? No but it’s more than what loser Torreira has offered to Arsenal after giving him cult like status.

He did play well that day, and that was a great day for the club...but still feel Torreira's first six months were better than the best of Xhaka here, in terms of a performance level.

Last edited:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Why call him a loser? Uncalled for. Rather have a player that cries and show emotion in defeat than an overpaid has been playmaker that walks out the pitch like an angry toddler and proceeds to insult the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom