• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Xhaka outperforms Torreira almost every game. Every manager prefers Xhaka to Torreira.

Not that Xhaka himself is great but he is a better footballer than Torreira in so many aspects.

Torreira is bang average, limited passer, average technique, small and weak for his role, all rolled with a loser mentality. You can find players like him in the championship whenever you want, except they’ll likely be more physically imposing.
What are the amazing characteristics that Xhaka has which makes him a better footballer than Torreira? And which of those characteristics justify his brainfarts which lead to goals and caused us lose crucial points?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He is talking about playing for Boca one day now...ffs Lucas :lol:
Well tbf Messi talks of playing for Newell old boys one day.

Most south Americans like to retire close to home

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Torreira is so overrated it’s ridiculous, relatively new players get cut so much slack.

Xhaka is better than Torreira is every way apart from tackling, it doesn’t take a genius to see why he was dropped by both Emery and Arteta. Terrible attitude and loser mentality too, his diving and crying is embarrassing.

In addition to tackling, he’s also better in the “not repeatedly losing the ball in your own half and presenting opponents with a chance to score” category TBF.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What are the amazing characteristics that Xhaka has which makes him a better footballer than Torreira? And which of those characteristics justify his brainfarts which lead to goals and caused us lose crucial points?

More intelligent, more disciplined positionally. Better passer. More physically strong. Taller, able to win aerial duets (extremely important when our center backs aren't good aerially outside of maybe Mustafi). More consistent and doesn't disappear in matches.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
More intelligent, more disciplined positionally. Better passer. More physically strong. Taller, able to win aerial duets (extremely important when our center backs aren't good aerially outside of maybe Mustafi). More consistent and doesn't disappear in matches.
More intelligent? And still holds record for most errors leading to goal? Not sure how an intelligent player's brain can fart so frequently.
Better passer? Only when he is not pressed. And Torreira is well ahead of him in chances created per minutes even though Torreira has marginally less number of passes per minute. Goes on to show that Torreira tries to make those risky forward passes while Xhaka is busy giving back the ball to Leno or making side ways passes to the wing.
Taller. Yes. This is an advantage he has. And he has higher number of headed clearances than Torreira.
Positioning? Last season, Torreira had more interceptions per minute of playing than Xhaka.
Doesn't disappear? :lol: Whenever the going gets tough, Xhaka literally hides from the ball. I could still remember the number of times he kicks back the ball to Leno, the moment he gets it from him because he doesn't have the mental strength that is needed to turn and face someone who is pressing him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
In addition to tackling, he’s also better in the “not repeatedly losing the ball in your own half and presenting opponents with a chance to score” category TBF.

Torreira gets dispossessed like he’s a kid and spends all game falling on the floor. I don’t see why you guys want to die on this hill both Torreira and Xhaka are poor it’s why we’re 9th.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Bigpoppapump dislikes Luca as his biceps aren’t big enough.

Xhaka’s just about make the grade

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Torreira gets dispossessed like he’s a kid and spends all game falling on the floor. I don’t see why you guys want to die on this hill both Torreira and Xhaka are poor it’s why we’re 9th.
We are not saying Torreira is a great player either. But given a choice between Torreira and Xhaka, I would gladly go far Torreira. At least Torreira gets dispossessed when he is moving forward and tries to attack. Xhaka gets dispossessed in our own half and then complaints like a ***** about other players.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Nail on the head. Torrieira gets occasionally dispossessed but Xhaka regularly presents the ball to the opposition gift wrapped with a bow, scented wrapping paper and a tag with directions to the goal.

Levels.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would be happier to discuss here about Modric, Kroos or Busquets, but unfortunately, that's all we have. We could spice things up by adding Elneny and Douzi, can you imagine the quality of the discussion then? :D

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I would be happier to discuss here about Modric, Kroos or Busquets, but unfortunately, that's all we have. We could spice things up by adding Elneny and Douzi, can you imagine the quality of the discussion then? :D

Imagine that? This must be the worst midfield I can remember in Arsenal history.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Some terrible opinions in this thread. Torreira is a really good player who's just had a bad season, as have the club in general. I don't even think his size is a problem. Size can be useful in football, but it's really not everything. Torreira is good at tackling and intercepting, and he has much more in his locker technically.

Put Torreira next to a prime Santi or Cesc and you'd have a great midfield I reckon. It's that type of player we need, a central midfielder of high technical ability. I'd like to see a Torreira-Ceballos pairing and see how that works tbh. But even if Ceballos himself isn't the answer, it's that type of player we should be looking for.

Some fans are just weird. Slagging of a player who's never shown potential, like Elneny, fair enough, but what's the deal with slagging off young players who clearly have shown potential, like Torreira and Guendouzi? It just stinks of impatience and entitlement.

nick gould

How come he never featured against Charlton. Is he injured? Torreira played really well after Arteta took over. I saw a side of him which I never thought he had; showing up for the ball and having the highest number of passes in some games. Higher than Xhaka. Why did he get dropped in favour of Ceballos?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How come he never featured against Charlton. Is he injured? Torreira played really well after Arteta took over. I saw a side of him which I never thought he had; showing up for the ball and having the highest number of passes in some games. Higher than Xhaka. Why did he get dropped in favour of Ceballos?
Recovering from injury yeh.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
So his contract expires in 3 years. I think we need to gauge if this guy is commited to England and either sell him or renew his contract at some stage, I'm fed up of letting people run their deals under 2 years.

Either this summer or next he has to go if hes not committing himself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom