• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Why don't you like Raul I thought he did a great job getting deals done for Pepe, Saliba and Tierney

To sign the highest scoring winger in the top 5 leagues after Messi, the most sought after young CB in the World and a highly rated Bitish LB are brilliant transfer coups.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To sign the highest scoring winger in the top 5 leagues after Messi, the most sought after young CB in the World and a highly rated Bitish LB are brilliant transfer coups.

At the moment we cant say they are brilliant signings yet. They have proved nothing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why don't you like Raul I thought he did a great job getting deals done for Pepe, Saliba and Tierney
Who told you I don’t like Raul?

Under Ivan I though we hid behind Wenger and let him take a lot of the heat, under Raul I feel some of our spending has been questionable.

Nothing to do with like or dislike.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It might sound surprising but personally, I would sign Fraser. I’d give him a run in our squad but not as a starter then we could just flip it the year after.

Liverpool have been doing this. They got 20m for Solanke ffs.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Pepe has it all to prove. Normally for that fee you’ll get someone a little more established.
"Normally" like there's a defined reference point for transfer fees and it hasnt been exponentially growing for the past decade.

It looks iffy in hindsight but what winger would you have signed? He was the right profile considering his achievements and age.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
"Normally" like there's a defined reference point for transfer fees and it hasnt been exponentially growing for the past decade.

It looks iffy in hindsight but what winger would you have signed? He was the right profile considering his achievements and age.
Yeah we needed a winger and we got one, Zaha is older and would've been more expensive, I love Richarlison but he would also be tto expensive, we need to give Pepe time I know he hasn't lived up to his price tag but he's adapting slowly

GDeep™

League is very weak

What achievements? One top season in Ligue 1.

He’s a good player, the right signing actually, just a little too expensive.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's how the transfer market is nowadays though, all players aren't worth what they get paid for, it's heavily inflated
Yeah but most of the clubs who pay these big 70M types of fees are the super clubs, for a club like Arsenal we have to be more careful as the money doesn’t come as freely to us.

Normally for 70M you’ll get a guy who has a couple of top seasons under his belt, or he’s performed in a major league, or they’ve had a big season in the CL. Pepe has none of this.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Yeah but most of the clubs who pay these big 70M types of fees are the super clubs, for a club like Arsenal we have to be more careful as the money doesn’t come as freely to us.

Normally for 70M you’ll get a guy who has a couple of top seasons under his belt, or he’s performed in a major league, or they’ve had a big season in the CL. Pepe has none of this.
United are a top 5 club in terms of size and signed Di Maria for the same fee and he flopped massively

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What achievements? One top season in Ligue 1.

He’s a good player, the right signing actually, just a little too expensive.
I meant what he achieved that season in terms of his performances and domination over the league.

Thats the thing though, if we didnt pay it we probably wouldnt have got him. This is the thing we complained about with the previous regime. If he had hit the ground running here we wouldnt have been discussing this anyway, its all hindsight.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Can you give me examples? Because right now it looks like most of those players are already at top clubs. There's not many proven world class players who are actually available, so the technique is to buy them before thet explode.

GDeep™

League is very weak
United are a top 5 club in terms of size and signed Di Maria for the same fee and he flopped massively
I don’t know what we’re arguing here? Anyone can flop, but I’m not saying that will happen as I rate Pepe.

Im talking purely about price. You could justify the Di Maria price considering he for many years was a great player at the highest level. Since Utd, he’s gone on to be a force at PSG.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can you give me examples? Because right now it looks like most of those players are already at top clubs. There's not many proven world class players who are actually available, so the technique is to buy them before thet explode.
Ziyech? Would’ve cost half of Pepe.

Top Bottom