• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

GDeep™

League is very weak
Top player but who knows if he will actually perform well in the premiership ?
He’s done it in the CL against the biggest teams, regularly. I’m sure he’ll be ok against Brighton at the Bridge.

He was cheap anyway, he’s not coming with that massive price tag where you’re expecting magic every type he gets the ball.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
He’s done it in the CL against the biggest teams, regularly. I’m sure he’ll be ok against Brighton at the Bridge.

He was cheap anyway, he’s not coming with that massive price tag where you’re expecting magic every type he gets the ball.
I do get what you're saying but we should be happy with Pepe and give him time to adapt, with the resources we have we honestly should not be talking about prices, I don't think money is an issue the owners ambition is..

GDeep™

League is very weak
I do get what you're saying but we should be happy with Pepe and give him time to adapt, with the resources we have we honestly should not be talking about prices, I don't think money is an issue the owners ambition is..
I said last summer French players need a year atleast to adjust. I’m very patient with players.

I’m probably the most player friendly poster on this forum.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There was an Arsenal player who used to read this forum and sent me a PM to thank me for my posts.

We swapped numbers, and he sent me a signed shirt by the team - which I gave away anyway.

Reactions: A_G

Moah

Yeah but most of the clubs who pay these big 70M types of fees are the super clubs, for a club like Arsenal we have to be more careful as the money doesn’t come as freely to us.

Normally for 70M you’ll get a guy who has a couple of top seasons under his belt, or he’s performed in a major league, or they’ve had a big season in the CL. Pepe has none of this.
https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/5d3e48a295e0230008f6d155/960x0.jpg?fit=scale
But which other big club be willing to sell their best players with these installments.

It might be expensive but how we convinced them to sell us a player with payment over five years is beyond me.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Make your mind up. Ziyech is the same age as Coutinho. You've an absolute howler.
What you on about? Different positions, different prices, different wages, different form, Ziyech was one of the best players in Europe last season.

He was 26 this time last year. His price is only 30M rising to 40m.

You want to sign Coutinho after a loan when he’ll be 29. He’s on massive wages and will command a big fee.

Didn't Ziyech cost like 25 M or something?

I like that we can't afford him but could afford Luiz on 25 M for one year.

That's some next-level finance there.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ziyech was playing in a lesser league and didnt have anyone near the impact what Pepe the season prior to joining Arsenal.

We opted for the bigger talent.

Erm..... Ziyech was scoring in a CL semi-final tbf.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I keep forgetting Chelsea are getting Ziyech, you have to praise how they're conducting their transfer business and how they're building their team, no messing about with them.

Ziyech would have fit us so much better than Pepe who I don't understand at all what he is doing on the field. He offers nothing but some fancy dribbling that would maybe be hit in birthday parties but in serious football games is giving us zero.

Also cheaper. Thought Arsenal would love something like that. But certain agents need to get money in their pockets!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom