• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
I keep forgetting Chelsea are getting Ziyech, you have to praise how they're conducting their transfer business and how they're building their team, no messing about with them.

Ziyech, a guy absolutely no other top club in Europe wanted to touch. Meanwhile, they still have glaring holes all over the rest of their squad.

How they’re building their team? What other signings have they made? (Please don’t use rumours/conjecture as fact).

Hyperbole/hysteria is becoming comical on this forum

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ziyech, a guy absolutely no other top club in Europe wanted to touch. Meanwhile, they still have glaring holes all over the rest of their squad.

How they’re building their team? What other signings have they made? (Please don’t use rumours/conjecture as fact).

You can say no top club wanted to touch Pepe either.

Chelsea have had a transfer ban, and still not replace Hazard.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
What you on about? Different positions, different prices, different wages, different form, Ziyech was one of the best players in Europe last season.

He was 26 this time last year. His price is only 30M rising to 40m.

You want to sign Coutinho after a loan when he’ll be 29. He’s on massive wages and will command a big fee.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: He'll be 28 this time next year and still wouldn't have achieved half of what Coutinho has. Only 40m? Yeah chumps change :facepalm: By the way I rate both players very highly, but thought that I would call out your flip-flopping.

Ziyech was very good last season. He had some good Champions League games, but again be consistent. You've used Coutinho's so called 1 good season as a stick to beat him with, yet dream about bending over and letting Ziyech beat you with his stick because he's 27 and has had 1 good season.

Anyway, you should just say sorry and we can move on.

Regarding Fraser, I still think that he would be a smart pick up. Even more so if we give Saka a starting role from wide left. Fraser, Pepe, Saka, Nelson, ESR and Auba. I'd rather sign a player on or above Pepe's level but we probably need to address other areas of the team first.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
You can say no top club wanted to touch Pepe either.

Chelsea have had a transfer ban, and still not replace Hazard.

Well no, because we were never at any point front runners for Pepe and he was linked with many other clubs before we got him. Additionally, as opposed to Pepe every other rumour about Ziyech has been about how no other club wants him for multiple reasons. The guy almost joined Sevilla ffs. Sevilla. That was Chelsea’s competition.

Chelsea had a transfer ban sure but they are in desperate need of a top striker, creative wingers (Willian/Pedro both out of contract), A half decent goalkeeper, a left back, a centre back and at push a midfielder too.

So in all of the above, where exactly am I supposed to admire Chelsea’s business and the way they have gone about it?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why we speaking about Chelsea? They won the EL last year, they are 4th atm.

They are playing guys like Abraham, Tomori etc. Have had a transfer ban, not replaced Hazard etc.

They are doing fine.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

They are playing guys like Abraham, Tomori etc. Have had a transfer ban, not replaced Hazard etc.

They are doing fine.
And any garbage they have, they can offload to us.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor

They are doing fine.

4th? As if it’s secured? They are closer to miserable (us) than the top of the table.

They’ve made plenty of **** transfers in recent years and there are plenty of concerns on liquidity at that club.

Sure, they won EL last season, but what does this have to do with their squad building now?

Gagan you are better than this, don’t resort to alternative facts and fake news to spread your **** message bro

truth_hurts

Well no, because we were never at any point front runners for Pepe and he was linked with many other clubs before we got him. Additionally, as opposed to Pepe every other rumour about Ziyech has been about how no other club wants him for multiple reasons. The guy almost joined Sevilla ffs. Sevilla. That was Chelsea’s competition.

Chelsea had a transfer ban sure but they are in desperate need of a top striker, creative wingers (Willian/Pedro both out of contract), A half decent goalkeeper, a left back, a centre back and at push a midfielder too.

So in all of the above, where exactly am I supposed to admire Chelsea’s business and the way they have gone about it?

I don't get why everybody has a hard on for Chelsea either. Pulisic was a rip off. Jorginho is being linked to moves away as is their best player Kante. Willian and Pedro may be winding down, but both look to be leaving on a free. Ziyech may very well prove to be a snip at 35m, but could just as easily bomb. They've extended Giroud's deal.

So in short they've replaced Costa, Morata, Hazard with Abraham, Giroud and Pulisic. They look like replacing Willian and Pedro with Ziyech and could be losing a world class midfielder and very accomplished one in Jorginho to be left with RLC, Barkley, Mount, Kovacic (class) and Gilmour.

They've got some good youngsters. But arguably the best of the bunch is facing a rape charge. Their work experience manager hasn't exactly set the place a light.

I don't see the big fuss with Chelsea.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

List over paid PL transfers in my opinion:

Fred
Angelino
Mendy
Shaw
Kepa
Lukaku
Benteke
Carroll
Matic
Pogba
Schneiderlin
Cancelo
Keita
Maguire
Pulisic

Non PL:

Hazard
Couthino
Griezmann
Malcom
Dembele
Jovic

Last edited:

truth_hurts

Fred
Angelino
Mendy
Shaw
Kepa
Lukaku
Benteke
Carroll
Matic
Pogba
Schneiderlin
Cancelo
Keita
Maguire

Non PL:

Hazard
Couthino
Griezmann
Malcom
Dembele
Jovic

No Arsenal players? You are a good lad!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Hysteria? I've no idea what you're on about. I'm not even worried about what Chelsea are doing because we're in mid-table and their in the top 4, we're not even competing with them presently. What Chelsea do doesn't impact us in the slightest.

I mean I'm just impressed by how they've approached things during their rebuilding phase in spite of some of the limitations they've faced. Getting deals for Pulisic and Ziyech done early, bringing in Kovacic. As well as how well they've done in terms of promoting youth and of course getting rid of aging players. I think this is correct approach to take in terms of trying to bridge the gap as much as possible between the top 2 and themselves. I think this time two years ago you'd have said they had a massive rebuilding job on their hands looking at their squad, I think they've done reasonably well these last two years. Of course there's still more work to do, and COVID-19 means they mightn't be able to do too much more but I believe they're in a healthy position without Abramovich pumping in money like he did in the past.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Fred
Angelino
Mendy
Shaw
Kepa
Lukaku
Benteke
Carroll
Matic
Pogba
Schneiderlin
Cancelo
Keita
Maguire

Non PL:

Hazard
Couthino
Griezmann
Malcom
Dembele
Jovic

Many good choices on that list, however, just theoretically speaking, as nobody can predict injuries, especially for players that haven't had many before, picking Dembele as overpriced is harsh - the guy is probably even more talented than Sancho, but is basically injured non-stop now.

In case of Pogba, I agree with him being overated ,however, they'll probably won't lose him for less, so that should be considered as well

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
:lol:
Hysteria? I've no idea what you're on about. I'm not even worried about what Chelsea are doing because we're in mid-table and their in the top 4, we're not even competing with them presently. What Chelsea do doesn't impact us in the slightest.

I mean I'm just impressed by how they've approached things during their rebuilding phase in spite of some of the limitations they've faced. Getting deals for Pulisic and Ziyech done early, bringing in Kovacic. As well as how well they've done in terms of promoting youth and of course getting rid of aging players. I think this is correct approach to take in terms of trying to bridge the gap as much as possible between the top 2 and themselves. I think this time two years ago you'd have said they had a massive rebuilding job on their hands looking at their squad, I think they've done reasonably well these last two years. Of course there's still more work to do, and COVID-19 means they mightn't be able to do too much more but I believe they're in a healthy position without Abramovich pumping in money like he did in the past.

Dude they are 8 points ahead of us with a game in hand, and have not looked impressive at all. You talk as if they are dealing in a completely different stratosphere but empirically it’s just not true.

I know it’s become common for arsenal fans to behave in a **** like fashion and act as if our nearest rivals are miles ahead (when observably it’s just not true), but come on man.

If you’re going to gush about Liverpool/City I get it as they are genuinely miles ahead of the rest. But Chelsea..come on man :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
:lol:

Dude they are 8 points ahead of us with a game in hand, and have not looked impressive at all. You talk as if they are dealing in a completely different stratosphere but empirically it’s just not true.

I know it’s become common for arsenal fans to behave in a **** like fashion and act as if our nearest rivals are miles ahead (when observably it’s just not true), but come on man.

If you’re going to gush about Liverpool/City I get it as they are genuinely miles ahead of the rest. But Chelsea..come on man :lol:
Chelsea have done well but they're definitiely getting overrated to an extent. I'm not sure what the figure is now but at one stage we had fielded a younger average aged side than Chelsea (the youngest in the league at the time). We have an underrated team in terms of talented young players: KT, Saliba, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR, Martinelli, Saka, Eddie etc

They may just be at a different stage of transition to us. Emery didnt work out for us at all so we got pegged back a bit. The issue is Chelsea have already strengthened and may continue to. They're more likely to spend in this market than us.

Moah

Us signing Pepe instead of Ziyech doesn't mean Ziyech us ****. We just happened to end up with Pepe over some reasons non of us can really tell for sure.

Some are called agenda merchants just because they think we would fare better with their choice. Then they really become one and make it a ****show.

Poverty stuff.

Top Bottom