• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
If we are then why does he never help us, he uses us, surely that says something that we need someone new.
If you own a business (because that's what we are to him) that's already making you huge profits, why would you pump millions of your own money into that business? As long as we're making him money he doesn't care at all, and he'll be here until we're no longer financially viable for him.

zilfy

I strongly feel it don't f*cking matter what we do this window, forget about it. Sell as many of the under-performing high-earners as we can, won't get rid of all but no problem, can get rid of the rest next year.

It doesn't matter if we play next season with basically the same squad, it doesn't matter if we don't buy big name players. We've got a new coach and lots of young players. Just let him work with them and let them play and grow together for another year, let it all pan out.

Like we're already basically not in Europe next year. The finances are already hit. Let's just give this whole "we need Champions League football" schtick a rest for a bit. I don't wanna be in the CL cos the club desperately needs the money cos it's paying its players too much. I wanna be in the CL cos the team is good enough to be in it. I wanna enjoy next season, without the pressure of having to achieve anything. We have a likeable young coach and likeable young players. Just enjoy it.

Like imagine that Arsenal has a transfer ban and can't buy anyone. That's the attitude we need. Not this Partey/Coutinho bullsh*t.
Amen to that!

Partey would be nice though ;)

GDeep™

League is very weak
I strongly feel it don't f*cking matter what we do this window, forget about it. Sell as many of the under-performing high-earners as we can, won't get rid of all but no problem, can get rid of the rest next year.

It doesn't matter if we play next season with basically the same squad, it doesn't matter if we don't buy big name players. We've got a new coach and lots of young players. Just let him work with them and let them play and grow together for another year, let it all pan out.

Like we're already basically not in Europe next year. The finances are already hit. Let's just give this whole "we need Champions League football" schtick a rest for a bit. I don't wanna be in the CL cos the club desperately needs the money cos it's paying its players too much. I wanna be in the CL cos the team is good enough to be in it. I wanna enjoy next season, without the pressure of having to achieve anything. We have a likeable young coach and likeable young players. Just enjoy it.

Like imagine that Arsenal has a transfer ban and can't buy anyone. That's the attitude we need. Not this Partey/Coutinho bullsh*t.
Get rid of the old guys, non performers, big earners etc, sign or promote youth who will be young, cheap, on low wages etc, for a year or two under a new young hands on manager like Arteta, is my short term idea. Basically develop a new Arsenal cycle, let’s become a Dortmund or a Leicester.

I see it as a detox of sorts. A new young team, a new culture, new energy, hungry players.

This takes a sacrifice of sorts though, fans in the short term will have to give up these ideas of CL football, big signings and accept for a couple of years there will be growing pains.

We’re miles behind the top clubs, but we’re also miles behind the clubs who develop and sell like Dortmund as they have a clear culture and model which is working.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It seems that we've all came to terms with the fact that we won't be competing for the title next year, so next year is about building something for the season after.

In Arteta's defence (I'm not sold on him), he needs a chance to develop the teams spine. Only Leno is of the required level and even he's streets behind Alison and Ederson.

We have a host of young and young ish talent at full back, out wide and also in the central attacking roles. We need a boost in central areas as our experienced players play here, but they aren't delivering. I'd live to see a clear out of some (even all of bar the last name) of Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding, Xhaka, El Nenny, Özil and Lacazette.

One elite level cb and cm transforms the functionality of our team in my opinion provided we keep Auba. It might take 2 summers, but I'm prepared to wait. I have faith in Salibah, Guendouzi and Snith-Rowe developing into starters in the next 3 years.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
It seems that we've all came to terms with the fact that we won't be competing for the title next year, so next year is about building something for the season after.

In Arteta's defence (I'm not sold on him), he needs a chance to develop the teams spine. Only Leno is of the required level and even he's streets behind Alison and Ederson.

We have a host of young and young ish talent at full back, out wide and also in the central attacking roles. We need a boost in central areas as our experienced players play here, but they aren't delivering. I'd live to see a clear out of some (even all of bar the last name) of Mustafi, Sokratis, Holding, Xhaka, El Nenny, Özil and Lacazette.

One elite level cb and cm transforms the functionality of our team in my opinion provided we keep Auba. It might take 2 summers, but I'm prepared to wait. I have faith in Salibah, Guendouzi and Snith-Rowe developing into starters in the next 3 years.

The only player of the required level is Auba. Leno is in the same bracket as the rest of the squad.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Very harsh reviews of some of our players:

PEA - WC

Lacca - amongst the top CFs in the league.

Leno - Was one of top 3 best GKs in the league this season.

Kola & Tierney - ability wise they are easily top 5 LBs in the league but have had injury issues.

Chambers - Displayed great form both at RB and CB and was our beet defender ubtill his injury.

Torreira - When he has be given the opportunity to peform at DCM he has peformed well. Just needsArteta to show faith in and give a run of games.

Saka and Martinelli- The two best performing teenagers in the PL this season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

fetchimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom