• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Doesn't want to be here. Shone in his first game but hasn't imposed himself. I wouldn't even have extended the loan given the current financial situation.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeh I agree that they both shouldn’t be playing for Arsenal next season for their own reasons. Just saying they’re not bad players like some people on AM would have you believe.

Partey is a step or two above these guys though.
Fair points. I was actually quite excited by the Ceballos loan. He seemed to fit what I thought a replacement of Xhaka needed: a creative 8 with enough defensive tenacity. His weak point seemed to be that he lingered on the ball for too long and wants to do too much. Unfortunately, he hasn't really addressed those weak points and several times this season I've been shocked by his sloppy passing. Did show some improvement before the season was put on hold, though.

He's a good player, but it hasn't clicked here. Don't want us to spend money on him, but he could still become good for a different team.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He was extraordinary in our last game, at West Ham.
Yeah. He was arguably our best player.

But truth be told he's been underwhelming for most of his time here. Injuries haven't helped either

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Yeah. He was arguably our best player.

But truth be told he's been underwhelming for most of his time here. Injuries haven't helped either

Ye he was dreadful against Liverpool. A real reality check for him regarding the tempo of the league. And the injuries. Really hard to judge him, tbf.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Ceballos thinks he's better than he is. He is slow. He will dive into challenges due to his physical insecurities. He takes too long on the ball, he passes the ball, follows his pass till he closes down the space and then gets it back again to repeat while going sideways. He doesn't break lines. I'm sick of this player.

This is an excellent breakdown of this player, especially the bolded part.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think some of you are being a bit harsh. The guy is still young, he was coming off a period at Madrid where he wasn't playing much and could have been low on confidence, he came into a team that was about to sink under Emery, he had a bad injury...like there are a lot of mitigating factors here. And as people acknowledge, towards the end under Arteta he was playing quite well when he was fit.

I'm not saying he's the answer for us or he's definitely a world class midfielder, I have no idea about that. But he's widely regarded as one of the most talented young midfielders in Europe and some of you are talking about him like he's useless.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think some of you are being a bit harsh. The guy is still young, he was coming off a period at Madrid where he wasn't playing much and could have been low on confidence, he came into a team that was about to sink under Emery, he had a bad injury...like there are a lot of mitigating factors here. And as people acknowledge, towards the end under Arteta he was playing quite well when he was fit.

I'm not saying he's the answer for us or he's definitely a world class midfielder, I have no idea about that. But he's widely regarded as one of the most talented young midfielders in Europe and some of you are talking about him like he's useless.

He wasn't playing much for Madrid because he didn't impress in his chances given............. talent is worth a lot less without the mentality to be a fighter and determination to perform every match. Like you said he's a project, and we already have Guendouzi and Torreira as project players. I am not sure we have the room to keep so many inconsistent flawed players in midfield.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Compared to the rest of our midfielders, having this guy feels like having Modric. The only midfielder in our team that can collect the ball without ****ing his pants.
He is not the best player, but at least he is not hiding like Xhaka and Özil when we need someone on the ball.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He wasn't playing much for Madrid because he didn't impress in his chances given............. talent is worth a lot less without the mentality to be a fighter and determination to perform every match. Like you said he's a project, and we already have Guendouzi and Torreira as project players. I am not sure we have the room to keep so many inconsistent flawed players in midfield.
Weird I always thought his attitude was quite that of a fighter, he can be such a d#khead most of the time, kicking away the ball, wasting time, flying in to tackles, starting arguments when it benefits the team. Think he got a bit shocked by the liverpool press but so did the rest of the team. Think he might be good enough but we dont really have the cash for might be atm so id agree with you on moving him on unless he shows something in the enxt few weeks.

OSBK

Established Member
2 games this season against really poor teams he has been good. He can play and we can see that but is he a dynamic athlete and tech genius that we need, no.

Seems to be we always get midfielders than need mobile players around them and not mobile players.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I’d keep him and get rid of Guendouzi, Willock or ESR for a decent fee

tumblr_okmezpcIdk1ude31so1_400.gifv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom