• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In 6 months both will be free to speak to foreign clubs and agree moves away. We have entered the beginning of the end.

Only thing left to wonder, is if Arteta will grant an extension if they perform next season.
Özil will never get an extension. Even if Arteta wants him the club won't want to renew him. They know majority of the fans don't want here anymore.

It's a moot though, cause we know Özil can never produce the sort of form that will make the club keep him

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Özil will never get an extension. Even if Arteta wants him the club won't want to renew him. They know majority of the fans don't want here anymore.

It's a moot though, cause we Özil can never produce the sort of form that will make the club keep him
Clubs and managers don’t care what fans think. 99% of fans don’t know anything about football, some of your posting on Özil is diabolical and proof of that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta is championing Xhaka. He told the Emirates to go **** themselves. After Auba he’s probably the second most important player for Arteta.

The football world in general has nothing but contempt for fan opinion.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

It's a moot though, cause we Özil can never produce the sort of form that will make the club keep him
Yeah. Let's not fall for that trick again.

scytheavatar

Established Member
In 6 months both will be free to speak to foreign clubs and agree moves away. We have entered the beginning of the end.

Only thing left to wonder, is if Arteta will grant an extension if they perform next season.

It will not be up to Arteta to grant guys like Mustafi and Özil extensions, it will be up to Raul, Vinai, and Edu. The hardline way we are treating Luiz's contract makes it clear that it wouldn't be easy for them to give out contract extensions.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Clubs and managers don’t care what fans think. 99% of fans don’t know anything about football, some of your posting on Özil is diabolical and proof of that.
No way in hell Raul and Vinai renew Özil's contract. A player they were trying to force out last season.

If they didn't bother renewing Ramsey, no way are they going to renew Özil.

Xhaka's situation is a bit different. Arteta allowed Xhaka to stay because we have no other CM better than him. We couldn't really replace him in the January window. Unlike Xhaka, the club will have had a suitable replacement for Özil or even ESR night step up, maybe. But I'm 100% certain next season will be Özil's last season in arsenal

It's your post that's diabolical. Your love for Özil is blinding you to the truth.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No way in hell Raul and Vinai renew Özil's contract. A player they were trying to force out last season.

If they didn't bother renewing Ramsey, no way are they going to renew Özil.

Xhaka's situation is a bit different. Arteta allowed Xhaka to stay because we have no other CM better than him. We couldn't really replace him in the January window. Unlike Xhaka, the club will have had a suitable replacement for Özil or even ESR night step up, maybe. But I'm 100% certain next season will be Özil's last season in arsenal

It's your post that's diabolical. Your love for Özil is blinding you to the truth.

Both situations are similar. You said this above in regards to Özil's situation:

They know majority of the fans don't want here anymore.

This is/has been the case for Xhaka too. At the start of the season there were jokers on here telling you how all the other midfielders are better than him. Yet, he keeps playing and in the eyes of Arteta is imporant and has been for every manager here. So yes, fans are clueless.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

:

This is/has been the case for Xhaka too. At the start of the season there were jokers on here telling you how all the other midfielders are better than him. Yet, he keeps playing and in the eyes of Arteta is imporant and has been for every manager here. So yes, fans are clueless.

Well, Xhaka is better than our other options. We couldn't get a replacement in time. Unlike Özil where the club would already have a plan in place to replace him

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Well, Xhaka is better than our other options. We couldn't get a replacement in time. Unlike Özil where the club would already have a plan in place to replace him

I agree with that. But according to the majority of the fans he isn't, and going by your logic of the fans' opinion's importance in your opening post; then surely we should have sold him on the spot as we have so many better options at the club already if we go by what most think? Bottom line, the club won't care what fans think.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Isn't Özil under a lot of pressure to perform well next season? His contract will end, he'll want to have a club to play for. No club would sign him and give him similar wages based on his recent form. If he has another underwhelming season he's in danger of having no club to play for, or of having to take a significant wage cut.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Isn't Özil under a lot of pressure to perform well next season? His contract will end, he'll want to have a club to play for. No club would sign him and give him similar wages based on his recent form. If he has another underwhelming season he's in danger of having no club to play for, or of having to take a significant wage cut.

Even if Özil is GREAT next season, he’ll have to take a massive wage cut, at his age no club will be paying maybe even more than 100K a week.

His drop in form coincided with Emery, so I’ll accept an upturn next season.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

I think Özil is taking it pretty chill, could see him eyeing up a move to DC United or something and it wont matter how he perform the coming season. Some cool flick here, some no look pass there and it will be alright for our german maestro

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Arteta is championing Xhaka. He told the Emirates to go **** themselves. After Auba he’s probably the second most important player for Arteta.

The football world in general has nothing but contempt for fan opinion.

People on this forum act like Özil is useless and thr worse player ever and that Torreira is amazing midfielder, shows you how much fans opinions are worth.

Really most people are terrible with their football knowledge and just parrot what they hear others say. I see it on here everyday, too many sheep and parrots not enough people with their own opinions.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
People on this forum act like Özil is useless and thr worse player ever and that Torreira is amazing midfielder, shows you how much fans opinions are worth.

Really most people are terrible with their football knowledge and just parrot what they hear others say. I see it on here everyday, too many sheep and parrots not enough people with their own opinions.

Özil is an easy target because he has underperformed for almost all his time here and is on astronomical wages, which makes him a good face for the decline of the club imo. I am usually patient with players, but Özils time here has been a big, big let down with a couple of glimpses.

I have not yet given up on Torreira, want him to have a regular run in the team without injuries for six months.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Özil is an easy target because he has underperformed for almost all his time here and is on astronomical wages, which makes him a good face for the decline of the club imo. I am usually patient with players, but Özils time here has been a big, big let down with a couple of glimpses.

I have not yet given up on Torreira, want him to have a regular run in the team without injuries for six months.

That's fair enough, but sometimes I feel like criticising a player becomes a bandwagon thing. People need to know it's ok with everyone else before they say anything.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

That's fair enough, but sometimes I feel like criticising a player becomes a bandwagon thing. People need to know it's ok with everyone else before they say anything.
I think people (Me included) are patient with Torreira because they think he's going to turn it around. He came in when we were a mess. We've not had any sort of coherence or stability since he came in. If he doesn't turn it around under Arteta then he's done here. I wouldn't be against selling him if we get a good fee for him since he says he misses Italy anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom