• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Was planning to visit Bradford and see how you’re holding up. Been months since I picked you up.

Come along mate, I've got a load of people coming round and we can grab a curry at The International.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What kind of nonsense is this?

So players you like will be sharp, and players you don't like, will not. Clearly this is the thought process here, FM stuff.

The thought process is based on basic physiology and watching pre season year after year. It is the same for every club. If you know your team and you know your players it is pretty easy to tell who gets up to speed quickly, you gets better as the season progresses and so on.

Aubameyang and David Luiz are the only two senior players who genuinely don't look like they are running in quick sand right after pre season.

All of the young players are always sharp at the start of pre season. There is literally a 10 year age gap between our young players and senior players.

Auba, Luiz and Özil have a natural lean physique where they just seem to hit the ground running. Contrast that with our less agile heavy movers. Lacazette and Mustafi for example. Xhaka noticeable improves in the second half of the season, and Sokratis looks faster as the season goes on. Kolasinac also needs hard running before he can hit his optimum level.

The younger players WILL be fitter and more agile. And I didn't just picked the players I liked. I'm not a fan of Guendouzi but he will be sharper than Xhaka. Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, Willock, Auba and Bellerin will noticeably be quicker.

My two concerns are Tierney and Lacazette. Has Lacazette got over his ankle issue and shredded some weight. If so then he will be sharp. Has Tierney got his agility back?

scytheavatar

Established Member
The thought process is based on basic physiology and watching pre season year after year. It is the same for every club. If you know your team and you know your players it is pretty easy to tell who gets up to speed quickly, you gets better as the season progresses and so on.

Aubameyang and David Luiz are the only two senior players who genuinely don't look like they are running in quick sand right after pre season.

All of the young players are always sharp at the start of pre season. There is literally a 10 year age gap between our young players and senior players.

Auba, Luiz and Özil have a natural lean physique where they just seem to hit the ground running. Contrast that with our less agile heavy movers. Lacazette and Mustafi for example. Xhaka noticeable improves in the second half of the season, and Sokratis looks faster as the season goes on. Kolasinac also needs hard running before he can hit his optimum level.

The younger players WILL be fitter and more agile. And I didn't just picked the players I liked. I'm not a fan of Guendouzi but he will be sharper than Xhaka. Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, Willock, Auba and Bellerin will noticeably be quicker.

My two concerns are Tierney and Lacazette. Has Lacazette got over his ankle issue and shredded some weight. If so then he will be sharp. Has Tierney got his agility back?

This is an unprecedented situation we are facing and all the past precedents means nothing......... in any case Arteta will have no choice but to rely on his entire squad and even youngsters who are not part of the first team. Cause if he just plays his favorite XI they will not last when they have to play twice or thrice a week.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is an unprecedented situation we are facing and all the past precedents means nothing......... in any case Arteta will have no choice but to rely on his entire squad and even youngsters who are not part of the first team. Cause if he just plays his favorite XI they will not last when they have to play twice or thrice a week.

The situation may be unprecedented but the concept is still the same. During a normal off season players are still given work to do, but it probably isn't compulsory. However, you can see who looks after themselves and who doesn't. There were images of Willock and Nelson doing weights in the changing room after a game.

You can bet your life on it that someone like Martinelli has gone above and beyond. Auba is ridiculously sharp at all times. Does Pepe have the same work ethic? He doesn't even train properly on a normal day, how will he be after this lockdown?

Who knows. I am just saying that the young players + Auba are guaranteed to be sharp. Everyone else is a guess.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
The situation may be unprecedented but the concept is still the same. During a normal off season players are still given work to do, but it probably isn't compulsory. However, you can see who looks after themselves and who doesn't. There were images of Willock and Nelson doing weights in the changing room after a game.

You can bet your life on it that someone like Martinelli has gone above and beyond. Auba is ridiculously sharp at all times. Does Pepe have the same work ethic? He doesn't even train properly on a normal day, how will he be after this lockdown?

Who knows. I am just saying that the young players + Auba are guaranteed to be sharp. Everyone else is a guess.
I agree with what you`re saying but how do you know Pepe doesn`t train properly?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Interesting insight this. Also judging by the fact Arteta was talking to Martinelli about his positioning it problem explains why he was dropped for a few games. Positioning is probably the most important aspect of Arteta's playing philosophy.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's the one real thing at the club now that gives you hope, the board will let him down though.

Hilarious really how much worse our players are technically now than when he played for us, and that was only like 4 years ago :lol:

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He's the one real thing at the club now that gives you hope, the board will let him down though.

Hilarious really how much worse our players are technically now than when he played for us, and that was only like 4 years ago :lol:
Really? Except for Sanchez and Cazorla which players are worse technically? I must have forgotten about technical wizards like Ramsey, Giroud and Walcott since their technical qualities were apparently so much better than our current lot.

Riou

Really? Except for Sanchez and Cazorla which players are worse technically? I must have forgotten about technical wizards like Ramsey, Giroud and Walcott since their technical qualities were apparently so much better than our current lot.

As long as Cazorla, Sanchez and peak Özil started for us back then, I feel we still had a style about us...Rosicky, Wilshere and Arteta himself would also add to that, though they were injured pretty much all in 15-16.

Just feel it’s very hard to identify with this team in a way, it’s so lacking in technique even with every senior player available...at least we have a decent crop of youngsters though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As long as Cazorla, Sanchez and peak Özil started for us back then, I feel we still had a style about us...Rosicky, Wilshere and Arteta himself would also add to that, though they were injured pretty much all in 15-16.

Just feel it’s very hard to identify with this team in a way, it’s so lacking in technique even with every senior player available...at least we have a decent crop of youngsters though.

We lack athleticism more than technique, we don't have players who are fast, strong or with great stamina. We spend our time buying guys like Torreira who lack technique and athleticism in anyway.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Ramsey is Cazorla compared to the likes of Guendouzi and Torreira...... the drop in technical ability in our midfield is nothing short of shameful.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

We had a semblance of style because Cazorla, Sanchez and still good Özil were top players, not just because they were technically good.

If technique alone could have saved this team then we would have been flying right now with Pepe being on par with Sanchez in terms of technique (yet being still half the player), Aubameyang being better than Walcott and Lacazette being on a different planet compared to Giroud.

Ramsey is Cazorla compared to the likes of Guendouzi and Torreira...... the drop in technical ability in our midfield is nothing short of shameful.
Ramsey, the guy that could barely bring the ball under control after 10 touches?

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ramsey, the guy that could barely bring the ball under control after 10 touches?

Can Guendouzi and Torreira bring the ball under control after 10 touches? Some fans are still in denial how Xhaka is our best midfielder and he is not a good midfielder........

Riou

We had a semblance of style because Cazorla, Sanchez and still good Özil were top players, not just because they were technically good.

If technique alone could have saved this team then we would have been flying right now with Pepe being on par with Sanchez in terms of technique (yet being still half the player), Aubameyang being better than Walcott and Lacazette being on a different planet compared to Giroud.

I didn't say technique alone would save this team, I said it's amazing how bad we are now technically...we have lost our way since the Emirates move as a top club really, but we always seemed to have a high level of technical ability in the team...now we have next to none in comparison.

None of our current players have real technique bar Pepe really, the midfield in particular is terrible.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Can Guendouzi and Torreira bring the ball under control after 10 touches? Some fans are still in denial how Xhaka is our best midfielder and he is not a good midfielder........
We aren't discussing quality, so I have no idea what you are on about. No one even brought up Xhaka who also has a better first touch than Ramsey, Torreira has a good first touch too... I'll give you Guendouzi though, his first touch is gash like Ramsey's

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

behave on Ramsey.

There is a lot more to technique than trapping a ball. And Ramsey could trap a ball just fine.

Top Bottom