• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 651,376
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Man city and PsG both want Bennacer. Strange we never brought him back.

Thought him and Jeff looked quality as youngsters. However, I do feel that we did okay in selling him and won't miss him. He'll get nowhere near the starting line ups of PSG or City.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Man city and PsG both want Bennacer. Strange we never brought him back.

Chelsea/City would've brought him back, loaned him to Milan for peaunuts and sold him at a huge profit.

Don't know if he wanted to come here or not, which is it's own separate issue, but it's not like he wouldn't have added something to our dreadful midfield.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Chelsea/City would've brought him back, loaned him to Milan for peaunuts and sold him at a huge profit.

Don't know if he wanted to come here or not, which is it's own separate issue, but it's not like he wouldn't have added something to our dreadful midfield.

It was the obvious thing to do, and like you say the more smarter clubs would've definitely gone down that road.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Jack Butland should be on the move this summer, or maybe he'll look to hang around at Stoke for another year and leave on a free. Can't believe he's wasted so many years there. Would take him as backup here if he's available cheap or the chance to pick him up as a free agent next summer came about.

OSBK

Established Member
Jack Butland should be on the move this summer, or maybe he'll look to hang around at Stoke for another year and leave on a free. Can't believe he's wasted so many years there. Would take him as backup here if he's available cheap or the chance to pick him up as a free agent next summer came about.

Butland 2 seasons ago was probably the best english keeper. Stoke pricing him too high and nobody was willing to pay. This last season has ruined his confidence but there is a talent there and maybe not a top team but someone could get a real bargain.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t he too small and weak last summer?

Not to me. This forum has so many people that just want tall players but don't consider whether their height actually adds anything.

For example, would a 5 ft 5 Guendouzi be any different to a 6 ft one? He goes to ground under the slightest contact and he can't win a header anyway. If anything he would be more agile.

Bennacer is a good passer and very skillfull he is also tenacious and gets booked basically every game. He for me is better than what we have. I would take him over any of our current midfield options anyday.

If Arteta was at the club when we had the option of getting him he would have taken him back.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
That mean very likely Pogba is going. Good news for us they not going for Partey
Nobody will pay up for Pogba. More likely a deadwood clear - Pereira, Mata and Lingard who has changed agents to Raiola.

Not sure how likely this is but Van de Beek should come to England because I could see him majorly flopping in Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom