• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
The 2013 thread made me look back through transfers in the past seasons, and the Eduardo situation was brutal on so many levels.

What couldn't it have been with Eduardo..

Bought for £12M the season Henry left, a big fee for us back then.
3rd biggest transfer fee we paid between the year 06/07 - 10/11. And for him to then basically be ruined half a year after..

JdQsepL.jpg

He got injuried after he had finally gotten into a rhythm and look at the next 5 games after then. Season got lost in that time. Squad must've been in absolute shambles after that **** Taylor broke him.

Had some immaculate finishing, knew where to position himself, and I love how he would chest the ball before a first time finish. Demands so much balance and technique to do multiple times with succes.

GDeep™

League is very weak

This wasn’t even a rivalry unless you were Ruud Van Nistelrooy or some Utd fans.

According to Rio and Neville, Ruud was obsessed with scoring more than Henry, after games he would run to the tv to see how many Henry had scored.

Henry on the other hand didn’t even care, gave assists and let others take penalties and still scored more than Ruud.

There are levels to this and Henry is in a level of his own, Arsenal fans saw the greatest striker in English football history, greatest foreigner to ever player here, King Titi.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

This wasn’t even a rivalry unless you were Ruud Van Nistelrooy or some Utd fans.

According to Rio and Neville, Ruud was obsessed with scoring more than Henry, after games he would run to the tv to see how many Henry had scored.

Henry on the other hand didn’t even care, gave assists and let others take penalties and still scored more than Ruud.

There are levels to this and Henry is in a level of his own, Arsenal fans saw the greatest striker in English football history, greatest foreigner to ever player here, King Titi.

Van Nistelrooy was a top striker but wasn't even half the player Henry was, anyone who watched the 2 could see that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Van Nistelrooy was a top striker but wasn't even half the player Henry was, anyone who watched the 2 could see that.
Nistelrooy was a deadly finisher, he could score all sorts, would rate him higher than Kane and maybe just below Aguero if he was around now. I probably prefer him to Aguero.

He was that good I think, but still a level below Henry ffs.

BigPoppaPump

Nistelrooy was a deadly finisher, he could score all sorts, would rate him higher than Kane and maybe just below Aguero if he was around now. I probably prefer him to Aguero.

He was that good I think, but still a level below Henry ffs.

The only PL player you can compare to Henry was Ronaldo in his best years at United, other than that every player is a couple levels below Henry.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

...can't believe it's already been a year, his passing really got me.

Road to 2006 CL final...2nd leg Arsenal vs Real. Arsenal desperatley clinging to 1-0 advantage and trying to wind down the clock. Reyes was fouled on the touchline and lay hurt outside the playing area.

Then slowly, surely, almost imperceptibly he rolls his injured body back onto the pitch. The Mardid players lose their minds, another delay to wind down the clock, thank you very much!

Rest in peace son.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The 2013 thread made me look back through transfers in the past seasons, and the Eduardo situation was brutal on so many levels.

What couldn't it have been with Eduardo..

Bought for £12M the season Henry left, a big fee for us back then.
3rd biggest transfer fee we paid between the year 06/07 - 10/11. And for him to then basically be ruined half a year after..

JdQsepL.jpg

He got injuried after he had finally gotten into a rhythm and look at the next 5 games after then. Season got lost in that time. Squad must've been in absolute shambles after that **** Taylor broke him.

Had some immaculate finishing, knew where to position himself, and I love how he would chest the ball before a first time finish. Demands so much balance and technique to do multiple times with succes.

In the run-up to the game, Fergie organized the hit with Steve Bruce over a glass of red wine. It was a bottle of Chateau Palmer I believe, cant recall the vintage.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@BigPoppaPump

This popped up on my recommendations.

...used to love how composed a motivated Per was, really balanced out Kos more aggressive style.

In 3 away game against the rest of the top four that season we let in 17 goals ffs.

But in the other 35 games, we only let in 24 goals, which is actually quite impressive really.

Think it shows we were a good team back then, but not a great one :lol:

Still enjoyed watching us.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

@BigPoppaPump

This popped up on my recommendations.

...used to love how composed a motivated Per was, really balanced out Kos more aggressive style.

In 3 away game against the rest of the top four that season we let in 17 goals ffs.

But in the other 35 games, we only let in 24 goals, which is actually quite impressive really.

Think it shows we were a good team back then, but not a great one :lol:

Still enjoyed watching us.

This is why I loved Per, his pace was a massive weakness that could be exploited easily but that was Koscielny's job.

It's Arsène Wenger's fault we with those 3 away games and 17 goals. He always wanted to play open expansive football leaving loads of space to be exploited and big teams knew they could tear our players apart. It's insane how we were defensively solid most of the season just to collapse in those big games.

We spent more days in first place than anyone else that year just to end up 4th.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@American_Gooner

...even though this is a bit disrespectful to Arsène, hopefully this means he will move away from talking about us so much and mainly stick to the Chavs.

He also picked Gerrard as the best player he has played against which really annoyed me though, should of picked Vieira here imo.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
@American_Gooner

...even though this is a bit disrespectful to Arsène, hopefully this means he will move away from talking about us so much and mainly stick to the Chavs.

He also picked Gerrard as the best player he has played against which really annoyed me though, should of picked Vieira here imo.
@Notorious Big will be crushed

Top Bottom