• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Man said ‘just imagine him behind Giroud’ like it was something amazing :lol:

I can’t believe AFTV has been around this long tho, feels like ages ago we signed Özil.

Crazy isn't it, life seems so different now from when AFTV started...how were you feeling about the club back in 2013...were you excited for Mes?

Arsenal kinda took the shine of it a bit for me, went that summer thinking we getting a straight 10/10 in Suarez, that getting an 8/10 in Mesut seemed a bit of a disappointment in a way...this club is weird :lol:

Grew to love Mes not long after though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Crazy isn't it, life seems so different now from when AFTV started...how were you feeling about the club back in 2013...were you excited for Mes?

Arsenal kinda took the shine of it a bit for me, went that summer thinking we getting a straight 10/10 in Suarez, that getting an 8/10 in Mesut seemed a bit of a disappointment in a way...this club is weird :lol:

I was excited but at the same time kind of confused because we didn't really need him, we had Santi, Rosicky, Wilshere and Ramsey and probably others. It was Arsène's addiction to attacking midfielders when we needed a striker. We spent that summer going after Higuain and Suarez just to end up with a 4th or 5th AM?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

I started to dislike Özil the same day we bought him, but at the start, I blamed Wenger more than the player because he played well in that setup.
From the moment he signed that new contract I started to hate everything about him, and he proves me right every time he does nothing on the pitch, which is about 90% of the time.

When I think of what's wrong with Arsenal these days, Özil would be the first problem that I would think of, from a financial perspective to difficulties of a team setup. Only after him, I would start to think about Xhaka, Mkhi, Elneny or Stan.

This was the most selfish transfer that happened for the last 20 seasons. It took our whole transfer budget that year and we broke all the wage logic that we could by giving him a new contract. Now you see players on 150-200k being unhappy with that only because they see Özil every day stealing a living. I can't blame them.

That being said, I kind of liked him for Germany back then and he was fun to watch sometimes at Real Madrid, but he was never needed at Arsenal.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
think both Sanchez and Özil would have signed new deals in summer 2016 if we didn't lose the league to Leicester, then the 2018 position wouldn't have come up.
We've dodged the bullet there keeping only one mercenary. I do understand why they've kept him, but it's not like I agree with what they did, especially when you consider that the next manager didn't want him at the club. So much for planning around here

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mes has mentally given up since that contract, though I still think the board had to give him that new deal (with the form he was in going January 2018, plus losing Sanchez to United, I understand why the board didn't want to lose both our big name players) just a bad combination of events that led up to that new contract...think both Sanchez and Özil would have signed new deals in summer 2016 if we didn't lose the league to Leicester, then the 2018 position wouldn't have come up.
Just imgwne the apocalyptic scenario whereby the club had given Sanchez and Özil monster wage and both are still here. :lol:

That would have been huge strangulation on our finances

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just imgwne the apocalyptic scenario whereby the club had given Sanchez and Özil monster wage and both are still here. :lol:

That would have been huge strangulation on our finances

It's bizarre how Sanchez and Özil have become jokes really, when not that long ago both were in the conversation as the best player in the league...football, like life, can change so quickly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's bizarre how Sanchez and Özil have become jokes really, when not that long ago both were in the conversation as the best player in the league...football, like life, can change so quickly.
I guess it's important that we learn from that, that's why I'm not a big fan of giving new contracts to Laca and Auba.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Why is it bizarre? Isn’t Özil 32 in a few months? Past 30 players hit a decline, generally. Both have been at awful clubs with awful managers in recent times too - Mesut under Emery and Sanchez at Utd with Mourinho.

Further, Auba aside, maybe Ramsey, nobody at Arsenal has performed since Wenger has left.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why is it bizarre? Isn’t Özil 32 in a few months? Past 30 players hit a decline, generally. Both have been at awful clubs with awful managers in recent times too - Mesut under Emery and Sanchez at Utd with Mourinho.

Further, Auba aside, maybe Ramsey, nobody at Arsenal has performed since Wenger has left.

Most players have been playing better under Emery during his first season than they did during Wenger's last season. Especially Kola and Xhaka.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Most players have been playing better under Emery during his first season than they did during Wenger's last season. Especially Kola and Xhaka.
Wenger last season was a car crash. The bar is pretty low, would say the season before is a better comparison. We had a great home record, good record against the top 4 etc.

say yes

forum master baiter

What happened?
Another manager thinks Özil is a bum?

pretends-to-be-shocked-gif.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes it'll be interesting to see what happened this is the 3rd manager that look had problems with Özil after short period

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

What happened?

What do you mean what happened? When at any time has our highest earner been assured to start?

There’s always something, just add it to the pile mate: Rolex robberies, mystery ilnesses, falling out with managers, falling out with entire continents, fallout of association with a war criminal, mental struggles, low immune system, away games on cold evenings north of the Watford gap. The list is endless and stretches back many years.

Why anyone would register a micro-atom of surprise at this news is beyond me.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
What do you mean what happened? When at any time has our highest earner been assured to start?

There’s always something, just add it to the pile mate: Rolex robberies, mystery ilnesses, falling out with managers, falling out with entire continents, fallout of association with a war criminal, mental struggles, low immune system, away games on cold evenings north of the Watford gap. The list is endless and stretches back many years.

Why anyone would register a micro-atom of surprise at this news is beyond me.
Read he started the last 10 PL games under Arteta. There are also 9 spaces on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom