• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,831

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Update on next year's u18s. I think that'll probably be Arsenal's biggest ever scholar intake. I think 13 were offered scholarships . Only 3 have been released from the u16s. I might be wrong but that's the whispers I've heard. Remy Mitchell GK,
Pedro Virginia GK Zach Awe CB Taylor Foran CB, Zane Monlouis CB, Brooke Norton Cuffy RB, James Sweet CM, Mauro Bandeira CM, Charlie Patino CM, Omari Hutchinson CAM/W, Khayon Edwards CF , Billy Vigar CF,
*Luigi Gaspar CM
*Henry Jeffcott LB
That's a large intake. I mean, the one we just had was pretty large too but this is practically an entire squad of real talent.
I'm not sure of Charles Sagoe Jr. And Jack Henry-Francis as to whether they are a year below. The latter particularly is a really interesting midfielder in the arsenal setup . You notice his tackles before his technical attributes. Harry Jones and Raphael Gowan are the two who I haven't heard anything about and of course Malcolm Ebiowei .
Charles Sagoe Jnr is one I'd be surprised didn't get offered a scholarship. The little I've seen of him suggests a really tricky young player.

Afro Mugo

That's a large intake. I mean, the one we just had was pretty large too but this is practically an entire squad of real talent.

Charles Sagoe Jnr is one I'd be surprised didn't get offered a scholarship. The little I've seen of him suggests a really tricky young player.
That squad is really large and talented. I even forgot to add Marcelo Flores. With Charles it's that I'm not sure whether he's a year below. I know for sure he's born 2004 but I think he's post September. They've also been multiple interesting changes in the academy structure this season. Particularly of interest is the appointment of Steve Brown ex MK Dons and FA Talent Devt Coach and Youssuf Sajjad ex Chelsea who are sort of to ensure the talent after u18 level is managed properly .

Afro Mugo

Balogun is curiously missing from training. If he's injured, what a horrible time to be injured. Coyle, Smith, Medley, Ballard are the next in line from the training videos. They've trained every session. Of course TJJ, ESR, and Olayinka are still technically on loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Balogun is curiously missing from training. If he's injured, what a horrible time to be injured. Coyle, Smith, Medley, Ballard are the next in line from the training videos. They've trained every session. Of course TJJ, ESR, and Olayinka are still technically on loan.
More likely it's because all the attackers are fit currently. Simply no room. It's why I feel like my hunch about him leaving is closer to the truth than we think.

Afro Mugo

More likely it's because all the attackers are fit currently. Simply no room. It's why I feel like my hunch about him leaving is closer to the truth than we think.
I suspect he will leave too as he only has one year left in his contract. A number of Championship clubs are really interested in him.

Afro Mugo

Mathew Dennis time at Arsenal might be up according to his instagram . Potentially Alfie Mathews too which leaves Ryan Alebiosu as the only second year without a professional contract left. The u23s next year will be a very young team it seems.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mathew Dennis time at Arsenal might be up according to his instagram . Potentially Alfie Mathews too which leaves Ryan Alebiosu as the only second year without a professional contract left. The u23s next year will be a very young team it seems.
Bit surprised. He was beginning to show his worth IMO, as both a full-back and winger prospect. That said, does clear the way for some of the U16s who are about to become scholars. We'll see a lot more of Kido Taylor-Hart for both the U18s and the U23s next season it would appear.

Afro Mugo

So Trae Coyle made his debut yesterday even if it was for only 5 minutes in a friendly, it means something. It seems he's ahead of Smith in the pecking order unless Reiss got injured. He has a lot of talent and its easy to forget he was the stand-out talent in his age group in the club as a 16 year old but injuries derailed him. Bould has noted more than once that he just needs to believe more in himself and I hope he gets an opportunity during this run of games. Sometimes youngsters need such luck like Iwobi who got a run out with the first team at a time when he wasn't probably the stand-out talent but he took his chance and ran away with it.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
So Trae Coyle made his debut yesterday even if it was for only 5 minutes in a friendly, it means something. It seems he's ahead of Smith in the pecking order unless Reiss got injured. He has a lot of talent and its easy to forget he was the stand-out talent in his age group in the club as a 16 year old but injuries derailed him. Bould has noted more than once that he just needs to believe more in himself and I hope he gets an opportunity during this run of games. Sometimes youngsters need such luck like Iwobi who got a run out with the first team at a time when he wasn't probably the stand-out talent but he took his chance and ran away with it.
Agree. Difference may be whether Coyle still has that standout talent. He was quite something when he signed his scholarship. Injury really messed that up but there's still a player there. I'm excited to see what can be done with his development.

Impact

Established Member
Trae Coyle, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and William Saliba are all on the 100-strong long list for the 2020 Golden Boy award.

I wonder how highly Coyle is still rated and whether there is a pathway to the first team for him. Training with the first team and playing in our recent friendly suggests Arteta and co are aware of his talent.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Trae Coyle, Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and William Saliba are all on the 100-strong long list for the 2020 Golden Boy award.

I wonder how highly Coyle is still rated and whether there is a pathway to the first team for him. Training with the first team and playing in our recent friendly suggests Arteta and co are aware of his talent.
How did he get into the list without playing any first team football? I thought Balogun was our best player of the u23. I’m happy for Trae but I’m surprised.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

The club loves Coyle, have done since his days as a scholar. They've stuck by him through his injuries and struggles to get momentum - even gave him a new contract last year. Versatile attacker, very technical and quick acceleration. They must believe there's a first team talent in there. Arteta will have known a lot about Coyle too, given that he was coaching the U15s as part of his badges while Nelson was there - Coyle would have been part of that team at some point because he played a year above. So Coyle is definitely known to Arteta and I imagine that is forming part of his willingness to include Coyle in the proceedings. Shades of Wenger & Iwobi (except Coyle can shoot).

How did he get into the list without playing any first team football? I thought Balogun was our best player of the u23. I’m happy for Trae but I’m surprised.
This I cannot answer.

What has happened to Zech Medley & James Olayinka? What are their potentials?
Not sure really. Olayinka is another that the club really like but he's still technically on loan. Similar to Coyle - part of the same intake and a pretty versatile player with decent technical ability. Could see him becoming a Kante-like player as he's very athletic and works hard but he's pretty handy in possession. Not sure on his level though.

Medley I'm even less sure about. He's very tall and good in the air, but defensively he leaves a lot to be desired. He has AMN-level concentration at times and it doesn't help him.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom