• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Imagine watching this while he is playing for Getafe. Everyone would be losing their mind. Is there anything he doesn't do in that video? Really grown on me. Love him as an 8, wasted as a 10.

I feel like Arteta has been thinking a lot during the lockdown.

Saka and Willock as twin 8's. Imagine Partey holding.
The long term plan should be getting him and ESR/Saka as interiors in a 4-3-3. We couldn’t do it with Ramsey and Wilshere but we should 100% do it with the Hale End boys. They’ve been playing with each other since 9 or something so the chemistry should definitely be there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's such a high ceiling with Willock, and it kinda amuses me when people say otherwise. Some kinks in his game that he needs to iron out but honestly I can see him reaching a very high level. Definitely better as an #8 - although there are some advantages to playing him as a #10, there's a few more cons IMO.

Saka as an #8 is such an interesting concept but I'd be surprised if there's any longevity in it. That said, left of a 3 is quite a good synthesis of his abilities as both a winger and a full-back, and he's quite adept in central areas aswell, despite his strong points wide left.

RE Partey, I think even if he does sign, I have a hunch they're gonna fast-track Miguel Azeez. He makes the most sense stylistically as a #6 and the kid himself is a Busquets stan so he would lend considerable technical and athletic quality to a position he actually wants to thrive in.

It was preseason but Willock’s performance at the Nou Camp last summer at the base of midfield was one of the best I’ve seen of anyone in that position since 2006.

He’s a bit raw but he has it all.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He been decent compared to clowns like Ceballos and other senior players

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

What a joke of a player. Premier League level... i doubt it. Would probably do a good job in lower leagues.
Take a look at yourself mate.

He was by no means our worstt player today. He was playing well in the first twenty minutes until Luiz came in and ****ed us. He wasn't our worst player. The fact you're calling a youngster "a useless piece of ****" because he didn't have a great game against arguably the best team in the world says a lot about you

Last edited:

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6

He was by no means our worstt player today. He was playing well in the first twenty minutes until Luiz came in and ****ed us. He wasn't our worst player. The fact you're calling a youngster "a useless piece of ****" because he didn't have a great game against arguably the best team in the world
Guendouzi tried and tried. Willock was just nowhere to be seen. I can’t name one competitive game, where he really impressed med. His close control is so poor.

FinnGooner

Established Member

He was by no means our worstt player today. He was playing well in the first twenty minutes until Luiz came in and ****ed us. He wasn't our worst player. The fact you're calling a youngster "a useless piece of ****" because he didn't have a great game against arguably the best team in the world

It’s not our fault you have chosen to be a fanboy of an average youngster. When has he had a good game? He’s not 12, he’s 20 years old and he is a professional football player. Shouldn’t we be allowed to expect even glimpses of promise from him, despite his young age. Iwobi was miles and miles ahead of Willock at this age and he became a mid table player. Ffs, Frimpong had more promisig games at Willock’s age. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Willock will ever become a useful player for Arsenal. It’s not knee-jerk based on todays game, it’s the whole season.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

It’s not our fault you have chosen to be a fanboy of an average youngster. When has he had a good game? He’s not 12, he’s 20 years old and he is a professional football player. Shouldn’t we be allowed to expect even glimpses of promise from him, despite his young age. Iwobi was miles and miles ahead of Willock at this age and he became a mid table player. Ffs, Frimpong had more promisig games at Willock’s age. There is absolutely nothing that suggests Willock will ever become a useful player for Arsenal. It’s not knee-jerk based on todays game, it’s the whole season.
I'm not a fan of Willock but singling him out when there were worse performers on the pitch is not nice

Reactions: Jae

Jae

Just not good enough. Has a few moments of brilliance every now and again but is anonymous 90% of the time.

Needs a loan to another PL club.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Just not good enough. Has a few moments of brilliance every now and again but is anonymous 90% of the time.

Needs a loan to another PL club.
Honestly think it’s better for him to go to a Championship club. He is soon 21 and nothing special at all.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6

Word!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He isn't ready to play week in week out for Arsenal. The problem we have at the min is most of our players are either very young and raw or over the hill, which just highlights how terrible the squad planning has been over the last decade.

Its harsh on the young lads but the club should really consider selling some of them to raise money for proper first team players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He shouldn't be starting at club like us at the moment there is clear ability but he raw and need loan badly to see if he'll improve

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Nothing player like most of our english youngsters. Will end up at a lower mid table club

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he was particularly good today - just wasn't in the game and looked out of sync.

My main issue is not so much his quality but the way he is being used. Playing ahead of the ball isn't exactly getting the most out of his ball-carrying, which is one of his bigger strengths. Too many times he was ahead of the ball and wasn't receiving the ball in dangerous areas. They've GOT to play him deeper.

Still got a lot of faith in him, as with all the Hale End boys. He's got the quality, it will just take time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom