• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Manchester City Vs Arsenal | Wednesday June 17th | KO: 20:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

What upsets me the most isn’t the fact that we lost to city, which was always going to be on the cards. What really pisses me off is how we always look like so disjointed, half-fit and completely lacking any sense of cohesion that a professional elite team should have.

It’s so damn embarrassing for a club like this. Can’t even muster a ****ing shot on target from 3!!! Let that sink in regardless of the red card. Brighton probably looking forward to this scrimmage on Saturday.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
What upsets me the most isn’t the fact that we lost to city, which was always going to be on the cards. What really pisses me off is how we always look like so disjointed, half-fit and completely lacking any sense of cohesion that a professional elite team should have.

It’s so damn embarrassing for a club like this. Can’t even muster a ****ing shot on target from 3!!! Let that sink in regardless of the red card. Brighton probably looking forward to this scrimmage on Saturday.

The only tactic really seemed long ball to hit them on the break, not 2-3 quick passes. City defend against long ball over the top all the fking time, its their rbead and butter. Once they adjusted to actually playing a match it stopped working and we had nothing else.

Gursha

At the early stages of the game, Tierney bursted forward on the left, and KDB chased him and put his body infront of him, Tierney responded by shoving him away and shaking him off aggressively.
I bet KDB was shocked about that... and righly so, cause from that moment on, we lost every single 50-50 or physical battle the game produced.... literally every single one of them..

I cant find the clip of what tierney did but it was so refreshing to see us not getting bullied...

Jakarta

The most ridiculous thing about this game is how Man city would just walk through our midfield as if it didn’t exist.

We seriously need an aggressive DM who wins the ball for the team and an athletic B2B player who can cover ground.

Forget these weak, slow players with limited technical ability.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The most ridiculous thing about this game is how Man city would just walk through our midfield as if it didn’t exist.

We seriously need an aggressive DM who wins the ball for the team and an athletic B2B player who can cover ground.

Forget these weak, slow players with limited technical ability.
Guendouzi is a turnstile.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You won't ever get a cohesive team when the spine changes every game. We don't have good enough players to create a cohesive unit from, we are stuck in a cycle of rotating players trying to find something that works or constant injuries and suspensions.

We need about 2 or 3 GOOD transfer windows. Not possible with the people we have running things. We spent 70m on Pepe when we have no good CM or CB and we get the **** Kia can't find a club for.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
tried to watch the game but couldnt be arsed, without audience it just doesnt do it for me, got drunk and lucky with a cougar so i am pretty pleased with my night

will be a livescore-supporter the season out

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
They're owned by a trllionaire whose been exceedingly generous, providing them with a £1bn squad.

Stan's given us precisely nothing! What are you expecting?

What am I expecting? Not this set of pathetic results. To get a single shot on target in 90 minutes. To at least be in same ball park with our fitness, determination, etc.

No one is asking us to compete with them over the course of the whole season. They aren't invincible. You don't need to be owned by a trillionaire to beat City. They already lost 7 times just in the PL this season. Wolves beat them twice, Man Utd thrice. Lost to Norwich. Aston ****ing Villa were able to give them a proper game in the league cup final only losing 2-1 but we can't even get a shot on target? Newcastle, Palace, Shakhtar Donetsk, Atalanta all got a draw against them this season but we should accept getting battered every single time?

What makes our recent displays vs City embarrassing isn't just the score, it is the fact that somehow it ends up being the easiest game they will have all season. I dare anyone to watch back the two games we played them this season then try to find another City game where they had it easier.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
What am I expecting? Not this set of pathetic results. To get a single shot on target in 90 minutes. To at least be in same ball park with our fitness, determination, etc.

No one is asking us to compete with them over the course of the whole season. They aren't invincible. You don't need to be owned by a trillionaire to beat City. They already lost 7 times just in the PL this season. Wolves beat them twice, Man Utd thrice. Lost to Norwich. Aston ****ing Villa were able to give them a proper game in the league cup final only losing 2-1 but we can't even get a shot on target? Newcastle, Palace, Shakhtar Donetsk, Atalanta all got a draw against them this season but we should accept getting battered every single time?

What makes our recent displays vs City embarrassing isn't just the score, it is the fact that somehow it ends up being the easiest game they will have all season. I dare anyone to watch back the two games we played them this season then try to find another City game where they had it easier.
Lovely post. We really are a disgrace to the league. No matter our manager, we are ****ed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you compare the midfield last night, to the midfield when we last won at the Eithad you really see why we keep losing to everyone these past few years...

Coquelin
Cazorla-Ramsey

v

Xhaka
Guendo-Willock
...it's hard to really compare them as the players are quite different, but I will do my best.

First Caz v Xhaka, as they are each team's playmakers, setting the tone...bit difficult to set the tone when Xhaka is terrified of being pressed to any degree, immediately losing all composure when he is.

Not having a man marker like Coq who has the physical attributes to cope with tracking his man for 90 min, as Francis did to David Silva very well back in 2015...having Lucas might have helped, but he is more a protector of space, than a man marker, and if you ask him to man mark his legs are normally gone half way through a game.

With Ramsey post 2014, you know he will leave your team open to a counter, but he balances that out with a good chance of a goal or assist...whereas no one in that midfield look likely, as Guendo and Willock just kind of run around pointlessly, contributing nothing in defence or offence...Willock has shown against lesser teams he can do some good damage, and could grow into what we need maybe...but against Premier League teams he hasn't done anything yet.

I can't stress how terribly put together our midfield, honestly might be the worst in the division all things considered...can some tell me what it offers?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you compare the midfield last night, to the midfield when we last won at the Eithad you really see why we keep losing to everyone these past few years...

Coquelin
Cazorla-Ramsey

v

Xhaka
Guendo-Willock
...it's hard to really compare them as the players are quite different, but I will do my best.

First Caz v Xhaka, as they are each team's playmakers, setting the tone...bit difficult to set the tone when Xhaka is terrified of being pressed to any degree, immediately losing all composure when he is.

Not having a man marker like Coq who has the physical attributes to cope with tracking his man for 90 min, as Francis did to David Silva very well back in 2015...having Lucas might have helped, but he is more a protector of space, than a man marker, and if you ask him to man mark his legs are normally gone half way through a game.

With Ramsey post 2014, you know he will leave your team open to a counter, but he balances that out with a good chance of a goal or assist...whereas no one in that midfield look likely, as Guendo and Willock just kind of run around pointlessly, contributing nothing in defence or offence...Willock has shown against lesser teams he can do some good damage, and could grow into what we need maybe...but against Premier League teams he hasn't done anything yet.

I can't stress how terribly put together our midfield, honestly might be the worst in the division all things considered...can some tell me what it offers?
That first midfield wasn’t good enough either. That was a level down from the elite sides, it’s just that our current midfield is bottom half level.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree, but at least it had something, some qualities you could pick out and show why each player was playing...now, I think all our midfielders are just turds really, can't run, can't kick...just turds out on the field.
I think Willock and Guendouzi have something to work with going forward but the rest are **** yeah.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Coquelin
Cazorla-Ramsey

v

Xhaka
Guendo-Willock

With our older midfield if we lose possession in a match ,we know that Coquelin give them some trouble before they can reach the midfield. If Ramsey has not already run forward, he also has a good engine and can help with defense. Cazorla is not a bum either. Who can we depend in our current midfield to do a decent tackle? :frustrated:

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Oh well a very late opinion sorry everyone, anyway here we go, I honestly thought we had a good chance & we were doing rather well for the first 30-40 then... Boom! That was dreadful by Luiz, I hate putting the blame soley on players but I really do feel that has to be purely on Luiz, even Luiz said himself afterwards it was purely on him.

I really can't put the blame on Arteta although I would have made a few different changes to the starting lineup & saw what happended there. We couldn't do anything about it though considering Luiz was just a substitution which made it even harder.

Positves, I thought Tierney on his first game back played relatively well, if it wasn't for Leno we could have lost 5, 6-0 aswell. Some people may not have but I thought Ceballos was alright for us after he came on aswell. Hopefully we can respond well next match in a few days!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Willock and Guendouzi have something to work with going forward but the rest are **** yeah.
Both need to be behind the ball more often than not. Guendouzi's body shape when defending is really terrible, he gets spun or beaten by dribbles and passes way too easily. Willock is actually a pretty reliable duel-winner but he's so far ahead of play that he is rarely involved and it takes away so much of his game. No wonder he looked so useless yesterday. Arteta needs to work with him on where he needs to receive.

We just need some more power in there without sacrificing technique. A bit of athleticism and progressiveness. Even a guy like Azeez is far ready, and ESR is on loan. I wish we still had Musah around.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

But you failed to mention, they've only lost 7 games, which is the second best in the league. They beat Real Madrid away, Leicester away, put 6 past Villa away. They've scored more goals than any other team, 5 past West H and put 8 past Watford.

And add to that, our team is a ****ing shambles. Expensive stars that aren't even picked, a mountain of rash, poor quality CBs and a pathetic midfield. Recruitment is an absolute mess and we're having to rely on a bunch of inexperienced youngsters against seasoned pros.

I repeat, what were you expecting?

Plutarch

How can David Luiz have reached this stage of his career and still not know that if a player gets past you in the penalty box, you can't just bring him down and expect to get away with it? It's not that long since he did exactly the same thing against Chelsea. His error for the first goal was terrible as well. Yes, we had other problems, but there's absolutely no hope if your central defenders are doing this sort of thing.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Both need to be behind the ball more often than not. Guendouzi's body shape when defending is really terrible, he gets spun or beaten by dribbles and passes way too easily. Willock is actually a pretty reliable duel-winner but he's so far ahead of play that he is rarely involved and it takes away so much of his game. No wonder he looked so useless yesterday. Arteta needs to work with him on where he needs to receive.

We just need some more power in there without sacrificing technique. A bit of athleticism and progressiveness. Even a guy like Azeez is far ready, and ESR is on loan. I wish we still had Musah around.
Sigh, when Musah makes his debut in the next 18 months it’s gonna hurt. Then you’ll see him being linked with all the elites.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

I think Guendo will just grow into a player that has the worst traits of Ramsey and Xhaka rolled into one player, with none of the positives...well none of Aaron's positives, unsure what Granit's actually are tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom