• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Clown. It's amazing how it's always the fault of everything and everyone else. He's being poorly managed.
I feel sorry for him.. What's the point of playing him when we haven't got anybody who could play those through balls once he makes those runs. If only we had done that, he would've scored a lot more goals than he already has but that's the thing he's scored 61 goals in 98 games while we've not played to his strengths at all

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Auba's time here is at it's end really, a good player but won't be that much of a miss...more Walcott than Henry.

Could allow others to step up, or us being able to play players in their positions the way the gaffer wants them to play, instead of having to fit Pierre in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think Auba's time here is at it's end really, a good player but won't be that much of a miss...more Walcott than Henry.

Could allow others to step up, or us being able to play players in their positions the way the gaffer wants them to play, instead of having to fit Pierre in.

Basically Arteta is saying he doesnt value Auba as a number 9 to lead the line. We all know his hold up play isnt great but he has speed and movement. And in fairness if we do get a chance around the box we want him on the end of it.

I dont know how one of the bottom options cant be tried. We have wide players it's not like we have nobody. I didnt see Eddie doing anything that Auba couldnt do.

Saka Auba Pepe

Martinelli Auba Pepe

Saka Auba Martinelli

Pepe Auba Nelson

Riou

Basically Arteta is saying he doesnt value Auba as a number 9 to lead the line. We all know his hold up play isnt great but he has speed and movement. And in fairness if we do get a chance around the box we want him on the end of it.

I dont know how one of the bottom options cant be tried. We have wide players it's not like we have nobody. I didnt see Eddie doing anything that Auba couldnt do.

Saka Auba Pepe

Martinelli Auba Pepe

Saka Auba Martinelli

Pepe Auba Nelson

He doesn't really do much when in and out of possession of the ball, it's like playing with Theo upfront...he will make great runs, but nothing else...not even just hold up play, he offers zero physical presence, no aggression, doesn't engage centre backs, nothing really...Laca and Eddie while not great, offer things that Auba doesn't do, even if he is easily the superior goal scorer.

We don't have the midfield to play him upfront...if he played in our 2015 team, when we still had technical quality in the team, he could be our striker...if he had Sanchez, Özil, Cazorla, Ramsey etc, all he would have to do is focus on making runs and everything would flow together well...but now our midfield has zero creativity in it, I can see why Arteta doesn't see him as his guy.

Think it is time to part ways, all things considered.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
He doesn't really do much when in and out of possession of the ball, it's like playing with Theo upfront...he will make great runs, but nothing else...not even just hold up play, he offers zero physical presence, no aggression, doesn't engage centre backs, nothing really...Laca and Eddie while not great, offer things that Auba doesn't do, even if he is easily the superior goal scorer.

We don't have the midfield to play him upfront...if he played in our 2015 team, when we still had technical quality in the team, he could be our striker...if he had Sanchez, Özil, Cazorla, Ramsey etc, all he would have to do is focus on making runs and everything would flow together well...but now our midfield has zero creativity in it, I can see why Arteta doesn't see him as his guy.

Think it is time to part ways, all things considered.

But can creativity not come from wide? Or couldn't we play with say:

Xhaka Torreria
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba

Let the 2 at the base hold their positions, let Özil drift into spaces and you have wide options too.

I just find it hard to see what Laca and Eddie do that Auba cant. Eddie doesnt particularly hold the ball up well. Laca tries and draws fouls but what you gain their you lose with Auba tracking full backs.

Or even have Martinelli as 9 but sometimes switching with Auba on left during the game.

I just dont get how at Arsenal he cant play his natural position. We dont even have a game plan built around the number 9. Different if had say Giroud or like Chelsea have Abraham or someone who is out and out lead the line type. We have all these average height average built number 9/11/7s all mixed together.

Riou

But can creativity not come from wide? Or couldn't we play with say:

Xhaka Torreria
Pepe Özil Saka
Auba

Let the 2 at the base hold their positions, let Özil drift into spaces and you have wide options too.

I just find it hard to see what Laca and Eddie do that Auba cant. Eddie doesnt particularly hold the ball up well. Laca tries and draws fouls but what you gain their you lose with Auba tracking full backs.

Or even have Martinelli as 9 but sometimes switching with Auba on left during the game.

I just dont get how at Arsenal he cant play his natural position. We dont even have a game plan built around the number 9. Different if had say Giroud or like Chelsea have Abraham or someone who is out and out lead the line type. We have all these average height average built number 9/11/7s all mixed together.

Özil and Xhaka will always get overrun in England, it's insane we have these two players in the same team imo...no matter what combo of current players we use we will always be lacking in midfield, also none of our wide players really get involved in building play up from deep either, so we need our centre forward to offer a presence...bottom line we have a poorly assembled squad these past 5 years, that no matter what 11 you send out it will have significant issues really.

Laca and Eddie to get involved a bit more, even just by challenging centre backs in duels, something Auba never does, will make a difference to Arteta...Auba is the worst starting forward I have seen at Arsenal from a technical point of view, he's basically a reverse version of Giroud in terms of strengths and weaknesses.

It's hard to predict what our team will even be next year, as we have question marks over quite a few players...whatever happens though, we are in a for a LONG rebuild.

Riou

Sure, Walcott was a BEAST who managed 60+ goals in under 100 games for Arsenal, just like Aubameyang. There's levels bruv. Just 'cause Aubameyang isn't our greatest ever player you shouldn't downplay his contributions for the Arsenal.

He's a very good striker no doubt...but as an all round player, he is quite a distance away from Adebayor, never mind Van Persie, never mind Henry...he doesn't really fit what Mikel wants, and at this stage wih his age, it's best for all parties to move on.

Walcott could be very useful, when in the right team tbf.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

As extremely annoying as these two incidents were at the time, doesn't this happen to every striker in every single Premiership game? Make 5 runs but your teammates only find you on 2 of them.
Nah bro, not runs like this. Especially not when the player in question is your best goalscorer and also the fastest on the pitch.

Riou

Following James Benge on twitter, immediate transfer needed for Pierre imo.

OSBK

Established Member
Might be wrong but he started as a winger, klopp used him as a winger and forward and klopp over the years at bvb bought quite a few forwards whilst he had auba. Always linked to a mega club but even when bayern had ageing players they didnt sniff. 3 managers at arsenal played him on the wing, they even played a kid who couldnt get a game at leeds in front of him.

He is a limited winger who scores an insane amount of goals but bottles against the big teams. Top players make the difference and affect big games, cant remember the last time he turned up for a big game.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Club captain by the way.

Our leaders are poisonous.
His job is to score goals though and he does that, we shouldn’t really be too hard on him.

No other guys to be captain either. That said, these players are laughing and smiling when we’re losing matches and I don’t get it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
His job is to score goals though and he does that, we shouldn’t really be too hard on him.

No other guys to be captain either. That said, these players are laughing and smiling when we’re losing matches and I don’t get it.
You would get it if you were earning 350k/w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom