• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton vs Arsenal | Saturday June 20th | KO: 15:00 | BT Sports

Result?

• Brighton Win

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 24 45.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Think he means defenders who succeed in a certain system and then are asked to do something else at a new club.

Feeling with Dunk, rightly or wrongly, is that he’s used to and suited to sitting deep.

Well, that could be true. But we never go for "these type" of defenders, we don't experiment with them. It's therefore difficult to judge how it could turn out.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Neither of them were rated when we bought them. I still don't understand why Chambers cost £16m. Such a rip off.
Do you remember the number of sudden experts who said that Chambers was a greater talent than Bale at Southampton or some utter shiite like that? :D

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Think he means defenders who succeed in a certain system and then are asked to do something else at a new club.

Feeling with Dunk, rightly or wrongly, is that he’s used to and suited to sitting deep.
If Dunk plays with a team that is use to defending deeply, how we defended too deeply for to long after we scored, he could help us a little because he's use to defending that way. I'm still against this team defending deeply though with the defenders we have, that makes me so nervous, we should have gone all out to put the game to bed after we scored.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Just come to my attention, with all these injuries we are copping, it doesn't help that we are playing about 4 games in 10 days or something, the impact of that could have something to do with the injuries we are copping. Look at Chelsea & Liverpool, they haven't played their first game back yet & we've already played 2 since the 17-18th. We've still got 2 more within a week I think, City don't have their next game for a day or 2, time to recover.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
If Dunk plays with a team that is use to defending deeply, how we defended too deeply for to long after we scored, he could help us a little because he's use to defending that way. I'm still against this team defending deeply though with the defenders we have, that makes me so nervous, we should have gone all out to put the game to bed after we scored.
I think that's down to the players. Im honestly starting to think that none of the previous coaches wanted to do this. I think the players just score and think that's it. The opposition will just sit back and let us win.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think that's down to the players. Im honestly starting to think that none of the previous coaches wanted to do this. I think the players just score and think that's it. The opposition will just sit back and let us win.
It's probably partly down to the players & coach/manager. The players attitude & managers different tactics at this point. I know Özil isn't the most liked player on here but he is one of our more creative players, we don't sit back for 20 minutes & see the game out. That is the time to bring on one of our more creative players & someone like Martinelli for spirit & energy aswell so we can put the game to bed, attempt to anyway. Our players were so tired after they scored, we waited for 80 minutes to do a change.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
It's probably partly down to the players & coach/manager. The players attitude & managers different tactics at this point. I know Özil isn't the most liked player on here but he is one of our more creative players, we don't sit back for 20 minutes & see the game out. That is the time to bring on one of our more creative players & someone like Martinelli for spirit & energy aswell so we can put the game to bed, attempt to anyway. Our players were so tired after they scored, we waited for 80 minutes to do a change.
That's the thing. I dont think they were tired. I just think they thought they had won. I dont know what in recent time woukd make them think that but I just think that's what's happening. Even before we scored the midfield and defense were just passing back and sideways. The players just seem to not be intelligent enough. Our movement ihas been so poor for a while now. Its just frustrating.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That's the thing. I dont think they were tired. I just think they thought they had won. I dont know what in recent time woukd make them think that but I just think that's what's happening. Even before we scored the midfield and defense were just passing back and sideways. The players just seem to not be intelligent enough. Our movement ihas been so poor for a while now. Its just frustrating.
That's what gets me, what has happened to the old Arsenal, the fast passing, 1/2's between player, good link ups. The club I grew up & fell in love with, how I started following the club. This lot has pretty much killed the old Arsenal, a few of the youngsters are attempting to bring it back slowly but the experienced ones are ruining it. Look how many times we just passed back to the keeper & between each other around the half way line. When we conceded the 2nd only a minute to go, we should have at least attempted to put a long ball in the box, not pass it all around again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I must be in the minority but I felt that we did enough to win the game. Luck and Atkinson went against us.
All the referees are always against us, nothing new. You've got to give credit to Martinez though, he should have done better on the goals but he made a few good saves, that save straight away from Mooy was great. On the other hand, I know I'll be disliked on here by a few people but you've also got to give credit to their keeper Ryan, made a few top saves & kept them in the game aswell, they just took advantage of it unfortunately. Feels like I dislike & love Ryan now haha.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
All the referees are always against us, nothing new. You've got to give credit to Martinez though, he should have done better on the goals but he made a few good saves, that save straight away from Mooy was great. On the other hand, I know I'll be disliked on here by a few people but you've also got to give credit to their keeper Ryan, made a few top saves & kept them in the game aswell, they just took advantage of it unfortunately. Feels like I dislike & love Ryan now haha.
Yes, the save from aubameyang was top class, the ball was moving all over the place. I mean I'm a bit disgruntled with the way the match ended. But our general play was much better than anything we produced under Emery.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yes, the save from aubameyang was top class, the ball was moving all over the place. I mean I'm a bit disgruntled with the way the match ended. But our general play was much better than anything we produced under Emery.
That save was top notch, he was already going the wrong way due to the block of the defender & still quick enough to change direction get a hand to it. If Leno wasn't our keeper I'd be willing to get the club to try & sign him. Leno is just as good so apart from his injury now we have no need for him though.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It was clear after it'll take huge rebuild to get us back competitive at utd still 8 years and they haven't found thier usual level yet with all the money they got. The problem we face is way bigger than utd it'll take few years

Liverpool went from losing 6-1 at Stoke away to two CL finals and almost 2 league titles in a row. Its about identifying the right targets now and backing Arteta.

Only problem I see with this is that we might have to replace them all bar Leno, Saka, Tierney.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
And does anyone know why Atkinson denied the penalty for Kolasinac being tripped in the box? He called for an Arsenal foul, when replays showed no foul was committed. This should also be checked through VAR. The phantom foul denied us a clear penalty.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
hahahahahahaha

Haha yes. I've had some discussions on here with some Xhaka lover who said that technical play never got us anywhere in the past besides pretty football and top four. He claimed it was about physique, adding players like Xhaka and Kola is the way to go.

And here we are. Playing ****ing rugby.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

And does anyone know why Atkinson denied the penalty for Kolasinac being tripped in the box? He called for an Arsenal foul, when replays showed no foul was committed. This should also be checked through VAR. The phantom foul denied us a clear penalty.
When I saw the replay I was wondering the exact same thing, everyone knows Atkinson has in it for us though, even other teams fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom