• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

When Özil had much better players around him like Sanchez and Cazorla he looked twice the player. Now, playing with dross, he looks like Lewis Hamilton dragging a caravan behind him, even if he is a bit older.

Also the club has managed him very badly, whatever his political affiliations and problems are. It's been clear since the early days of Emery that the club regretted giving him that contract and high weekly salary, and wanted to get rid. So knowing that, what's a player like Özil going to think . . '**** you then". I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box and probably easily influenced by his agent and wife.

Arsenal is a mess right now.
Well why doesn't he lead by example?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well why doesn't he lead by example?
In a way he does, although not in a good way. He is an entitled primadonna who thinks he is better than everyone else and shouldn't need to put in a shift at every training. As he has regressed and soured on the club I am sure he has dragged some players with him that are willing to listen and/or that belong to his closer group. So he probably leads by poor example.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

In a way he does, although not in a good way. He is an entitled primadonna who thinks he is better than everyone else and shouldn't need to put in a shift at every training. As he has regressed and soured on the club I am sure he has dragged some players with him that are willing to listen and/or that belong to his closer group. So he probably leads by poor example.
If i was under pressure i would want to prove myself, these days players do not give a toss. Football in the last 10 years has gone to sh1t!!

Camus

Trusted ⭐
When Özil had much better players around him like Sanchez and Cazorla he looked twice the player. Now, playing with dross, he looks like Lewis Hamilton dragging a caravan behind him, even if he is a bit older.

Also the club has managed him very badly, whatever his political affiliations and problems are. It's been clear since the early days of Emery that the club regretted giving him that contract and high weekly salary, and wanted to get rid. So knowing that, what's a player like Özil going to think . . '**** you then". I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box and probably easily influenced by his agent and wife.

Arsenal is a mess right now.
I agree that in some instances the club have treated him badly (Uyghurs protest, not wanting to take a pay-cut to line the clubs pockets), but for years Özil was treated with kid gloves by the club and it wasn't justified since he never he repaid that with performances.

Also, looking "twice the player" is hardly glowing praise given how abject he is now. Yes when Sanchez and Cazorla were around he was half as abject as he is now, doesn't mean he was ever the player we expected him to be.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If i was under pressure i would want to prove myself, these days players do not give a toss. Football in the last 10 years has gone to sh1t!!
Everybody's different though. Told you're not wanted, some will want to prove their employer wrong, some will want to leave and some will want to stay and take the money to spite them. It's human nature.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

I agree that in some instances the club have treated him badly (Uyghurs protest, not wanting to take a pay-cut to line the clubs pockets), but for years Özil was treated with kid gloves by the club and it wasn't justified since he never he repaid that with performances.

Also, looking "twice the player" is hardly glowing praise given how abject he is now. Yes when Sanchez and Cazorla were around he was half as abject as he is now, doesn't mean he was ever the player we expected him to be.
Whatever the state of the current fiasco is, he's had some outstanding games for Arsenal. You could argue 'not enough' maybe, but to say at his best he was only half as abject as he is now is just continuing this pantomime thread with more hyperbole.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Everybody's different though. Told you're not wanted, some will want to prove their employer wrong, some will want to leave and some will want to stay and take the money to spite them. It's human nature.
So if he isnt happy take a pay cut or do one. Does he care about football or about money?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

How is it greedy to want the wages in your contract? Especially when the club is paying people like Kia and is owned by a billionaire.
Alot of us have taken a fvcking pay cut why is he any different, hes a greedy prick. 350k a week cry me a river ffs.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Don't get this at all. We probably would still have lost if he was on the pitch.

Seems bizarre that after a game we lost people are more concerned about the fact that Özil didn't play, when we all knew that his presence on the pitch would probably not have prevented a loss. Let's back the manager.

I know I'll get slammed for this but I liked Saka in the LM role. He was our most dangerous player. If he improves in that role then we've managed to wean the team off Özil.

The system is experiencing teething problems as expected but you just have to trust the process.

Besides why are people crying about the club asking Özil to take a pay cut?

I'm a student and also a part time teacher, I took a pay cut on my measly salary yet some overpaid prima Donna is pleading poverty and some of you on here are lapping it up ffs

Last edited:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
That sums up how bad this club is. So many problems with senior players and injuries and we just keep using the same kid in various different positions.

This sticking plaster stuff is a joke and won't fix our parachute, we're in free fall.
I don't think it's sticking plasters over cracks. I genuinely believe it's a way to move on from Özil or the number 10 role. Arteta wants to move to a 433, Özil can't function out wide or in the 3. So it makes sense to use a player similar but more suited to today's game. Now comes Bukayo Saka.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't get this at all. We probably would still have lost if he was on the pitch.

Seems bizarre that after a game we lost people are more concerned about the fact that Özil didn't play, when we all knew that his presence on the pitch would probably not have prevented a loss. Let's back the manager.

I know I'll get slammed for this but I liked Saka in the LM role. He was our most dangerous player. If he improves in that role then we've managed to wean the team off Özil.

The system is experiencing teething problems as expected but you just have to trust the process.

Besides why are people crying about the club asking Özil to take a pay cut?

I'm a student and also a part time teacher, I took a pay cut on my measly salary yet some overpaid prima Donna is pleading poverty and some of you on here is lapping it up ffs

It kinda makes me laugh when rich people demand special preferences, even on things they could easily afford 100 times over.

Was listening to a wrestling podcast and a story was told when Kane, a gigantic muscles monster, was staying at a hotel...he ended up leaning back on and breaking one of the hotel chairs in his room, when the manager said it would cost him $50 or something to replace...apparently he went on a screaming fit and refused to pay.

Kane had been in the WWF/WWE at that point for like ten years, he is a rich mother ****er, he probably treats £50 like most people treat a penny...just pay it ffs!

Rich people :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom